astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
The battery range is estimated to be 5-7 miles better. That's about it.
Thank you. I'm curious, any internal changes? Or just more mileage? I was hoping Ford would have made a change or two based on the Sandy Munro breakdown.
Sponsored

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
Thank you. I'm curious, any internal changes? Or just more mileage? I was hoping Ford would have made a change or two based on the Sandy Munro breakdown.
I could be wrong but I don’t think a global automaker with a net value of around $60 billion and 186,000 employees really bases their products on a blogger’s opinion.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Latest 2022 Mach-E order guide (12/1/21) added to the first post.
How often do they update those for a certain model year? Are there significant differences from say early October? Crossing fingers they somehow put automatic trunk on the Rt 1.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I notice that for Select 2022 it doesn’t mention Panoramic glass roof if you added CoPilot.

currently, 2021, when add comfort and Techc it add CoPilot and said in detail that it will add Panoramic Glass roof.

will the 2022 also include Panoramic Class with CoPilot ?

gltichi

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
2022 Mach-E PRODUCTION START: 11/29/21

My local dealer has a 2021 Mach E, Black, Premium ER AWD that another customer canceled on that I can take over the reservation. They said that the "build week" is December 13, 2021. So I emailed them asking whether this would be a 2022 Mach E since the production date is after 11/29 as noted on the first page of this thread. They emailed back saying that there was already a VIN number and that for sure it is a 2021 version.

I just want to confirm, is the dealer right here, or are they wrong and this will be a 2022 Mach E with 91 kwh available? I would prefer to find a 2022 Mach E than to pick up the last 2021 Mach E that rolls off the assembly line.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
2022 Mach-E PRODUCTION START: 11/29/21

My local dealer has a 2021 Mach E, Black, Premium ER AWD that another customer canceled on that I can take over the reservation. They said that the "build week" is December 13, 2021. So I emailed them asking whether this would be a 2022 Mach E since the production date is after 11/29 as noted on the first page of this thread. They emailed back saying that there was already a VIN number and that for sure it is a 2021 version.

I just want to confirm, is the dealer right here, or are they wrong and this will be a 2022 Mach E with 91 kwh available? I would prefer to find a 2022 Mach E than to pick up the last 2021 Mach E that rolls off the assembly line.
If the 10th digit of the VIN is the letter 'M', then it is a 2021 model year Mach-E.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
My production date is 12/13 and build date 12/15. Still a 2021. Ford has a lot of 2021’S to finish in December.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
When is the change over to 22's now?

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I could be wrong but I don’t think a global automaker with a net value of around $60 billion and 186,000 employees really bases their products on a blogger’s opinion.
I think you are wrong. (You set yourself up there ;) ). He's a bit more than a blogger. Not many bloggers own their own established engineering consultancy firm. He's offered free advice to Ford as well as VW and Tesla. Some manufacturers take more notice than others. I'm sure various OEM's are paying for advice but we'll probably never know who due to NDA's etc.

Just for disclosure and any armchair conspiracy theorists out there, I have no connection with him or his company and no connection with any car manufacturer other than owning a Mach E. I'm just a person who is capable of some critical thinking and find his videos interesting. If I was going to be infuenced by him I would have waited for a Model Y to be sold in the UK.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think you are wrong. (You set yourself up there ;) ). He's a bit more than a blogger. Not many bloggers own their own established engineering consultancy firm. He's offered free advice to Ford as well as VW and Tesla. Some manufacturers take more notice than others. I'm sure various OEM's are paying for advice but we'll probably never know who due to NDA's etc.

Just for disclosure and any armchair conspiracy theorists out there, I have no connection with him or his company and no connection with any car manufacturer other than owning a Mach E. I'm just a person who is capable of some critical thinking and find his videos interesting. If I was going to be infuenced by him I would have waited for a Model Y to be sold in the UK.

Sandy is an ex-Ford engineer and I've seen many of his videos, but I feel/sense he comes off as an someone who feels "I'm so great and smarter than everyone, everyone needs to listen to me and do everything I say" and he seems to have a small beef with Ford having worked there.

That's what I get at least from probably having watched 20-30 of his videos in general.

I think Sandy, like everyone is generally biased, I hear he used to own Tesla stock, but may have sold since then.

Like you say, good to just view more videos from all sources and just add it all as more data and process it on our own filter.

He is generally favorable on Ford overall and the Mach-E, but they are still behind (obviously when Tesla has been doing it for many years).

chasemyaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I notice that for Select 2022 it doesn’t mention Panoramic glass roof if you added CoPilot.

currently, 2021, when add comfort and Techc it add CoPilot and said in detail that it will add Panoramic Glass roof.

will the 2022 also include Panoramic Class with CoPilot ?
I don't think comfort/tech package ever included the panoramic glass roof. That was Premium and up only.

dbonsett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Agh that's a killer! I would definitely go for Grabber Blue or Cyber Orange if I was ordering a 22. Couldn't get that on my 21. Oh well, maybe I'll trade in for a GT and get one of those colors anyway :p
I was torn between the Blue and Orange. Went blue. Never seen either in person.
Sponsored