1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I ordered on the 27th.
Sponsored

chuchutrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks for all the useful info and feedback from everyone. I was able to join MCA to get a X-plan PIN and placed an order for 2022 Mach E Select RWD on 10/1 at a dealer with no markup and takes X-plan for custom orders (Encinitas Ford).

I've been checking Autotrader and found a 2021 Select RWD that's in-transit at an out of state dealer with no markup and takes X-plan. I'm tempted to jump on the deal but I'm torn about missing out on the $750 CA Clean Fuel Rebate and having to deal with shipping the car or driving it back. I'm not in a huge rush for a new car but I could really use the federal tax credit for this year.

Does anyone know if there's actually any mechanical changes to the 2022 model year? I couldn't find anything from reading the 2022 order guide other than the few miles of extra range that might be applied to the 2021 models.

Having a tough time decided between buying this 2021 model with more hassle and cost or wait for my 2022 order.

Tomcat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Grabber Blue AWD Premium ER
Occupation
Product Engineer
Country flag
I placed my order online at ford.com for a Premium Mach-e on 10/1. The dealer said he received the order and accepted it. But he needs me to sign some papers that confirm I'm an actual customer before Ford will accept the order. I've been waiting 5 days and no papers. The dealer says I won't lose my place in line while they sort out the paperwork. Does anyone know if there is any truth to what they are telling me? Why does it take so long for a paper to sign and will I lose my place in line while they take their sweet'ol time.
Okay, so this is a long reply, but...
I originally went into the dealer and placed my order for a 2021 on August 4. The salesman said to go through the process online first but not to place the deposit, then come in and finish the deal there. So I did. They told me they didn't need a deposit. Got there and they couldn't find my online order because there wasn't one. The sales manager put it in manually and printed out my sheet. Problem is, I can't see an order because "The Dealer" placed the order. But when I called the Ford Relationship Center they could find me by name with my dealer order ID number, which was at a 10 priority. So, at least that was good. Problem was that my salesperson was much less knowledgeable than me. I initialed every check on things. It was Iconic Silver Premium ER, space grey interior. Had to tell him the forums were saying Iconic Silver was balancing out on August 26 and what did that mean for me. No idea from him.

As it got closer to the end of MY21 production I got scared my order would be cancelled and this guy was nice but clueless. So I went to another dealer close by who told me if it didn't work out with dealer #1 to order the 2022 with them. They had just started offering lifetime powertrain warranties on all vehicles sold there. When I asked how that worked with EVs, he said both motors were covered for life (but not the battery). Sounds pretty good, huh? I've asked for that in writing but nothing yet.

So fast forward to 10/1 and I ordered a Grabber Blue through them at the dealership with a $1000 deposit required. Could never get through online. Saw that the order was received on 10/1 but kept getting statements saying the order wasn't accepted. Called dealer #2 and the salesman said Ford was just blaming the dealer and it wasn't on them. A couple of days later the status on Ford actually called out the dealer by name and said they were waiting on them. I called them back and told him I was concerned because 1 1/2 weeks had gone by and probably a million people :) had put their orders in by now and was I losing my place in line?? He assured me no, that Ford builds all the MMEs at one time for the year (did someone just call BS?). But magically my order was accepted two days later.

Then I get an email from Ford saying my 2021 order has been converted to 2022, I won't lose my place in line, and they want to give me $750 for all the trouble. It doesn't cover the increase, but at least it's something. So I have two orders in and am just waiting to see how it all turns out. But sad that both dealerships salespeople are clueless on how Ford's business actually works. Better to say I don't know than to lie. At least dealer #1 guy said that I know more than he does. Makes me concerned on how care for me and my car will be after the sale. But at least dealer #1 seems honest. They say they will honor the 1.99% interest rate for 60 months and no ADM at all. Sorry for the epistle but what a ride. Just wish it was in my new MME.....

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Having a tough time decided between buying this 2021 model with more hassle and cost or wait for my 2022 order.
Plan to wait 6 months at least... I expect maybe 8-10 even.

I'd personally go for the 2021 model if it's not too much hassle.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Okay, so this is a long reply, but...
I originally went into the dealer and placed my order for a 2021 on August 4. The salesman said to go through the process online first but not to place the deposit, then come in and finish the deal there. So I did. They told me they didn't need a deposit. Got there and they couldn't find my online order because there wasn't one. The sales manager put it in manually and printed out my sheet. Problem is, I can't see an order because "The Dealer" placed the order. But when I called the Ford Relationship Center they could find me by name with my dealer order ID number, which was at a 10 priority. So, at least that was good. Problem was that my salesperson was much less knowledgeable than me. I initialed every check on things. It was Iconic Silver Premium ER, space grey interior. Had to tell him the forums were saying Iconic Silver was balancing out on August 26 and what did that mean for me. No idea from him.

As it got closer to the end of MY21 production I got scared my order would be cancelled and this guy was nice but clueless. So I went to another dealer close by who told me if it didn't work out with dealer #1 to order the 2022 with them. They had just started offering lifetime powertrain warranties on all vehicles sold there. When I asked how that worked with EVs, he said both motors were covered for life (but not the battery). Sounds pretty good, huh? I've asked for that in writing but nothing yet.

So fast forward to 10/1 and I ordered a Grabber Blue through them at the dealership with a $1000 deposit required. Could never get through online. Saw that the order was received on 10/1 but kept getting statements saying the order wasn't accepted. Called dealer #2 and the salesman said Ford was just blaming the dealer and it wasn't on them. A couple of days later the status on Ford actually called out the dealer by name and said they were waiting on them. I called them back and told him I was concerned because 1 1/2 weeks had gone by and probably a million people :) had put their orders in by now and was I losing my place in line?? He assured me no, that Ford builds all the MMEs at one time for the year (did someone just call BS?). But magically my order was accepted two days later.

Then I get an email from Ford saying my 2021 order has been converted to 2022, I won't lose my place in line, and they want to give me $750 for all the trouble. It doesn't cover the increase, but at least it's something. So I have two orders in and am just waiting to see how it all turns out. But sad that both dealerships salespeople are clueless on how Ford's business actually works. Better to say I don't know than to lie. At least dealer #1 guy said that I know more than he does. Makes me concerned on how care for me and my car will be after the sale. But at least dealer #1 seems honest. They say they will honor the 1.99% interest rate for 60 months and no ADM at all. Sorry for the epistle but what a ride. Just wish it was in my new MME.....

With the Internet, it's honestly very very common now to know more than any salesperson for a specific product because it's in your best interest to educate yourself (and most of us are pretty motivated to learn/know all the ins/outs) and a lot of people have already went through the process you are going through so the answers are mostly all there.

Some salespeople also make little/nothing on the Mach-E so it's in their interest to actually not learn the Mach-e because it puts no food on the table. (TL:DR - it's a waste of their time).

I think trusting the website after getting confirmation in email that there will be no ADM and they honor #-plan and no add ons, etc...then just order online is the best course currently. I did that and they just told me to order online and pick them as the dealership.

We'll see if they follow through on what's promised I guess. If not, planning to put another deposit soon on another EV so maybe just skip the Mach-E if they play bad games.
Sponsored