Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
I'm seeing quite a few posts saying 9/30 for new orders...anyone find any news out for existing orders and their years? I placed mine two weeks ago. Obviously no vin or build dates or anything.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm seeing quite a few posts saying 9/30 for new orders...anyone find any news out for existing orders and their years? I placed mine two weeks ago. Obviously no vin or build dates or anything.
First the MY22 ordering opens up which appears to be Thursday and is the same for the Bronco as well. Second would be where your dealer converts your current order into a 2022.

Evie

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
soon to be owner of 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
politician
Country flag
Ordering for the 2022 model opens up on September 27th, 2021. I'm going to order one, super excited about it. Who's with me?

Does anyone know what time of day orders open up?

How about new colors available, any word on that?
Showed up bright and early today to order and NOOOOO they have postponed it until the 30th

Evie

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
soon to be owner of 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
politician
Country flag
Also they told me at my dealership Palm Springs Motors in Cathedral City on September 27th when I showed up to order a Mach E (orders being taken on the 30th is the new info) that if they are sending you a 2022 instead of the 2021 you ordered they will send you an email. They have done that to a few of their customers buying Broncos. In one case the customer had ordered a 2 liter and they got the email saying they would be getting a 1.6 liter...customer cancelled order. But they do give you a heads up in time to cancel or switch.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Showed up bright and early today to order and NOOOOO they have postponed it until the 30th
I feel your pain. :) I rearranged my schedule for it... Here's to Thursday!

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
Not trolling, but am genuinely curious.

Why all you people who are "waiting for a 22 to be available" to order, won't order now and wait for the eventual conversion of a 21 to a 22.

I guess you want to wait to see the difference? but for those who already know what the want (color/drivetrain/battery/etc.) wouldn't you just want to lock in pricing now and just roll w/the changes (if any) versus seeing what's new and then ordering thereby putting you further in the que and possibly a price increase.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unscheduled-2021-rolled-over-to-a-22.9776/

See this thread, looks like possibly price is increasing by $1,000 and a slightly larger usable battery so far.

redranger04g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME SR RWD Ice White, 2015 Ford F-150
Country flag

Why all you people who are "waiting for a 22 to be available" to order, won't order now and wait for the eventual conversion of a 21 to a 22.
Ordering is currently closed right now. There isn't an option to order a 21 even if you wanted to. So really everyone is just "waiting to order" in general.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
Ordering is currently closed right now. There isn't an option to order a 21 even if you wanted to. So really everyone is just "waiting to order" in general.
This. Also I placed the order prior to knowing of the 2022, aka two weeks ago.

OP
OP
Lord Polymath

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag

I guess you want to wait to see the difference? but for those who already know what the want (color/drivetrain/battery/etc.) wouldn't you just want to lock in pricing now and just roll w/the changes (if any) versus seeing what's new and then ordering thereby putting you further in the que and possibly a price increase.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unscheduled-2021-rolled-over-to-a-22.9776/

See this thread, looks like possibly price is increasing by $1,000 and a slightly larger usable battery so far.
For me it's several reasons, #1 being that online orders for the MME closed right now and have been for several days.
#2 is the uncertainty of whether or not a '21 ordered recently will automatically be turned into a '22 (Ford's communication on this has been horrible non-existent?)
#3 Even when the ordering window was still open, I don't want to buy a 21 model this late in the year. It was only a few weeks until today and I thought I might as well wait those few weeks and be guaranteed a 2022.

KZ6e1e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P4X
Country flag
I guess not for those people right now, but this thread was created ~2 weeks ago and gathered a lot of posts/attention.

Tlow

First Name
Micha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD
Country flag

I think people are worried Ford will cancel the 2021 remining orders that aren't filled and tell the customers to reorder...instead of just rolling over the orders. That would put you in the back of another line. And like redranger04g said ordering is closed so if they haven't ordered they just have to wait for the 2022 banks to open.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Ha, meant are u sure
fairly. they aren't 12 months behind but that could depend on recalls lol.
Did you have a 442? my dad had a 68 GTO and my Friends dad had a GS 455.
great cars
I think they got 7 gallons to the mile. not a typo this time. LOL
i had a 70 442 ragtop, a 72 Buick Grand Sport 455 stage 1 (built with kenny belle cam), a 69 Lemans, a 70' Lemans Sport, 67 galaxie 500 XL 428, 74 Cutlass Salon with 455.

i love torque.

my girl

ztdjmkV.jpg

my boy

aH2K2Hm.jpg

i have pics of the others somewhere, it was always one at a time.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
fairly. they aren't 12 months behind but that could depend on recalls lol.

i had a 70 442 ragtop, a 72 Buick Grand Sport 455 stage 1 (built with kenny belle cam), a 69 Lemans, a 70' Lemans Sport, 67 galaxie 500 XL 428, 74 Cutlass Salon with 455.

i love torque.

my girl

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E ordering (hopefully) starts on September 30th.  Who's ordering? aH2K2Hm

my boy

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E ordering (hopefully) starts on September 30th.  Who's ordering? aH2K2Hm

i have pics of the others somewhere, it was always one at a time.
Just beautiful, gorgeous cars, brings me back a long time ago

thanks for the memories

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I'm hoping for Race Red or Ruby Red, Velocity Blue or Ford Performance Blue. After seeing the Infinity Blue in person, I'm not a fan. It's too dark for me - I've had dark color cars in the past and regretted it.
The Rapid Red is nice, and what I would order from the choices we currently have, but I'd like a more "true red" if that makes sense.
i know it's almost black, but my brother's Magma Red F-150 looks like root beer in the sun. otherwise, it looks black. i really like that paint, and i don't normally like "brown".

i do like a dark blue though. also i'd want a lighter interior than black, if possible. i reserved a GT a couple weeks ago DGM. not unhappy with that choice but i've had quite a few "grey" cars. never had a nice dark blue.