Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Ecosport
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Ordering for the 2022 model opens up on September 27th, 2021. I'm going to order one, super excited about it. Who's with me?

Does anyone know what time of day orders open up?

How about new colors available, any word on that?

Job

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Ecosport
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
Yes, I intend to order a black Premium edition. Any estimate of a price increase 2022 over 2021?

ppm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E
Country flag
So what is expected to happen to an order that was placed a week ago for MY2021?

rsaylor3

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-350 and soon Mach-E Premium Ext
Country flag
I placed my order for a 2021 last week and updated it today to an AWD and summer tire package. I too can already see the update online. My dealership told me this morning, that I would almost certainly be getting a 2022 model and that I or he would be notified at some point, and that we would just update the existing order.

Hoping that is the case! Never ordered a vehicle right at the change over point of the model year.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
If Ford offers a real white I might be persuaded to ditch my 2021 reservation for a 2022. Otherwise, if I’m stuck with the awful color palette I will stay with my 2021 reservation.
I must ask two questions here...

Star White isn't real white? (I'll grant you Space White is not)

and adding ANOTHER white to the palette would make it less awful?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
No idea. But I will warn you, waiting for your electric Mustang will try your patience.
I am using waiting on my wife's Mach-e to keep me sane while I wait for my Lightning. Only issue is I will still have 2 years (give or take) of waiting after she gets hers.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I must ask two questions here...

Star White isn't real white? (I'll grant you Space White is not)

and adding ANOTHER white to the palette would make it less awful?
Seen it, don’t like it. The old Oxford White is what I consider white. Star white is just not white to me. It looks gray.

I’d be fine if Ford did away with the shades of gray and gave us some real color offerings. I picked a blue that I dislike for my car, partially because it isn’t just another shade of gray.

ppm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E
Country flag
I placed my order for a 2021 last week and updated it today to an AWD and summer tire package. I too can already see the update online. My dealership told me this morning, that I would almost certainly be getting a 2022 model and that I or he would be notified at some point, and that we would just update the existing order.

Hoping that is the case! Never ordered a vehicle right at the change over point of the model year.
To update your order you had to do it through the dealership, correct?
Was it an update or cancellation and placement of a new order?
And also where online do you see your online details? On Ford.com? Did you put the order first doing the reservation on Ford.com or just directly through the dealer?

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Seen it, don’t like it. The old Oxford White is what I consider white. Star white is just not white to me. It looks gray.

I’d be fine if Ford did away with the shades of gray and gave us some real color offerings. I picked a blue that I dislike for my car, partially because it isn’t just another shade of gray.
Space White is definitely greyish, but I find Star White to be a pretty traditional white.

See post #10 on this page just to make sure we are on the same page?

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/space-white-vs-star-white-mach-e-pics.3453/

tgdesrochers

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I spoke with my Dealer yesterday and asked if my 2021 MME would be updated to a 2022 if my build date continues to be pushed. As of now I have an October we build date (pushed out twice now). Her advice was to order a 2022 and they expect those to roll off the line for delivery in Feb 2022

So long story short, I'll be ordering a 2022 on the 27th and may just cancel my 2021 because I was advised they will NOT be updating them to 2022 orders.

But each dealer seems to give different answers so....shrug

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I spoke with my Dealer yesterday and asked if my 2021 MME would be updated to a 2022 if my build date continues to be pushed. As of now I have an October we build date (pushed out twice now). Her advice was to order a 2022 and they expect those to roll off the line for delivery in Feb 2022

So long story short, I'll be ordering a 2022 on the 27th and may just cancel my 2021 because I was advised they will NOT be updating them to 2022 orders.

But each dealer seems to give different answers so....shrug
My order in early August has no production date and is Iconic Silber. I e-mailed my dealer yesterday whether it will roll over or do I need to order a 2022. No response from dealer. For the refundable $500, I am going to order on another on 9/27.
Sponsored