Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F-150, 2021 Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
Just placed my order for 2022 MME Premium Ice White Edition via the Ford.com website. The games have already started. I was contacted by my local dealer (Larry H Miller Ford) and the salesman said that for a $2,500 non-refundable deposit, they would place a priority on my reservation that would put me at the top of the list. WTH?!?! I didn't fall for it. It should be first order, first served. I hate buying cars through dealerships - they always turn something exciting into a horrible experience - EVERY dealership, EVERY time!
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
So I just called a local dealer here in SC inquiring about the 2022 Mach E GT (non-performance) model and they said that although they don't mark up over MSRP....that X-Plan pricing was not available!?

Anyone else get this same response? Should I consider this a red flag?
I don't think they have to honor X-Plan. Not an issue for me, so I'm not 100% on that.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Just placed my order for 2022 MME Premium Ice White Edition via the Ford.com website. The games have already started. I was contacted by my local dealer (Larry H Miller Ford) and the salesman said that for a $2,500 non-refundable deposit, they would place a priority on my reservation that would put me at the top of the list. WTH?!?! I didn't fall for it. It should be first order, first served. I hate buying cars through dealerships - they always turn something exciting into a horrible experience - EVERY dealership, EVERY time!
Wow, that's some shady shit, If you can switch to another dealer.

ItsFootballTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Mach-e GT (on order)
Country flag
So I currently have 2 orders in for the Mach-e GT (one for GT and one for GT Performance). I only plan on buying one. The GT order was placed in mid/late August. The GT Performance was placed early September. The GT is scheduled for production in November. The GT Performance looks to be model year 2022. I received an email from Ford stating that it is being moved to 2022 and that I will get $750 credit that can be applied to any price changes. They have also stated that I won't lose my place in line if I stay with the GT Performance. My dealer contacted me and asked me to confirm that I still want the same configuration so they can put the order in for me.

So here's my dilemma, I want the GT Performance but my GT order is already scheduled for production. But the GT is 2021 and the GT Performance is 2022.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
It's offical dealerships have started taking orders for the 2022 Mach-E [see Order Guide]. I got a call and preview order from my dealer that I've been working with. The price has gone up but if this preview is right not by much. Looks like at least red is $95 more than it use to be. So far the website isn't updated and is still not taking orders (as of the time of posting)

Any word on any other prices of colors? I'm guessing the rest of the colors will be $495 insted of $400 like it was last year.
My 2021 Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue configured exactly as yours was $56,400. Thereā€™s $95 increase in paint and another $900 in the K350 price. Maybe $600 of that increase is for BlueCruise which I donā€™t have.

uturn

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat Spider
Occupation
Lotto Scratcher
Country flag
So I just called a local dealer here in SC inquiring about the 2022 Mach E GT (non-performance) model and they said that although they don't mark up over MSRP....that X-Plan pricing was not available!?

Anyone else get this same response? Should I consider this a red flag?
What is your geographic area? This is my hot topic in another thread. It is a big red flag. They know X Plan is available obviously. What dealer doesn't know that by now? Dealers are playing games because of the chip shortage, they have no cars to sell and are making no money these days, it would seem.

Anyway, watch out for bait and switch schemes when they DO say they take xplan but then add a $491 doc fee. Tidelands in Pawleys Island adds that plus another mandatory $750 paint and interior protection package, which puts the price close to MSRP anyway. Not sure about other dealers. Let us know what you find out please, I am looking for a dealer besides these banjo bandits at Tidelands. lol

SHOW THEM THIS ATTACHMENT FROM FORD'S XPLAN LISTING THE GT XPLAN PRICE

FORD XPLAN MACH E AS OF OCT 2 2021.png

Last edited:

uturn

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat Spider
Occupation
Lotto Scratcher
Country flag
Pretty shady. Probably you happen to already be the first order. lol
EDIT: So I just read somewhere else on here that they actually "call the factory directly" to convert the order and that is how the order gets kicked to the front of the line. This really is crappy business. You should really get in writing what your charges are going to be if you remain there. Good luck.

Last edited:

Macho-E

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Huh - looks like they bumped the usable battery size but left the EPA range the same. That is a strange decision.
It's more than likely just that the EPA has not yet tested it.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

FLDBA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
What is your geographic area? This is my hot topic in another thread. It is a big red flag. They know X Plan is available obviously. What dealer doesn't know that by now? Dealers are playing games because of the chip shortage, they have no cars to sell and are making no money these days, it would seem.

Anyway, watch out for bait and switch schemes when they DO say they take xplan but then add a $491 doc fee. Tidelands in Pawleys Island adds that plus another mandatory $750 paint and interior protection package, which puts the price close to MSRP anyway. Not sure about other dealers. Let us know what you find out please, I am looking for a dealer besides these banjo bandits at Tidelands. lol

SHOW THEM THIS ATTACHMENT FROM FORD'S XPLAN LISTING THE GT XPLAN PRICE

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Mach-E Price Changes and Orders have officially begun FORD XPLAN MACH E AS OF OCT 2 2021
This might be a dumb question but why is the Net Plan Price higher than the X-Plan price by exactly the $1,100 dest charge which it says in note #3 is one of the extra charges due at delivery?
Thanks

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I assume they will update the x-plan pricing for 2022? Still has the 2021 MSRP pricing.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
This might be a dumb question but why is the Net Plan Price higher than the X-Plan price by exactly the $1,100 dest charge which it says in note #3 is one of the extra charges due at delivery?
Thanks
because it is the delivery fee
Sponsored