Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Well, it's morning now and ordering still doesn't work for me. I was hoping they'd at least fix it overnight.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Well, it's morning now and ordering still doesn't work for me. I was hoping they'd at least fix it overnight.
Same here. A few of us mentioned this just now in the other ordering thread. Site still seems down. Will have to check back later.

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Intersting. Over 25 all-new EV's will be on the road by 2023, and yet somehow prices are to go down. The assumption is more EV's, more competition, more being sold, and economies of scale kick in and prices fall... I notice a $95 increase isn't much at all, but it certainly isn't a $500 YOY decrease.

I know, supply and demand and right now demand is HOT for the ME. I get it.

Moving forward, it will be new, lower-end models that will bring price parody to gas vehicles in 2-3 years, and fleets will all come down into gas price parody we are told - over and over and over again...

Yet, looking at upstream battery supply chain, reducing cobalt (absolutely necessary in efficient battery tech), is great, but raw materials for lithium-ion battery stacks is going to be stressed beyond supply, and reduce cobalt all they want - they all still need it - it's chemistry 101. And as a plethora of EV's and demand begins in earnest around the end of 2022 early 2023, prices are going to stay flat or start rising.

Now-a-days the media is great at memory-hole-ing inconvenient truths. We seem to be stuck in pie in the sky ideas that don't materialize or won't for a long, long while, yet keep spoon feeding ourselves pollyanna-like narratives.

I'll point to the autonomous vehicle claims from roughly 2010, which were: By 2020 Audi, Tesla, just about everyone would have fully, 100%, autonomous vehicles. That's right, by 2020. It's heading towards 2022 and we have a scant few vehicles that can drive alone on a highway. And when they make mistakes it's not typically a fender bender, it's more like 75mph straight into a parked semi...

Most are pointing towards 2030 for truth AI being able to handle 100% fully autonomous driving, and even more are not putting firm dates on this. Maybe it pans out to be too expensive, too many lawsuits, too much tech to fully pull off any time soon, and makers fade from this idea a bit and push to charging speeds and augmented windshield displays, etc... Who knows.

My point is clear. Forgetting past claims is frequent and new claims of xyz that don't materialize are quick to replace the last claims that don't materialize.

Low-cost EV's is such "almost there" type of thing... Supply of battery material will not be able to meet demand, and it'll slow EV adoption and keep EV's extremely high without Government buying rich people, large chunks of EV cars they buy... Who is tired of subsidizing wealthy folks to buy a Jaguar EV? Anyone?...

I think this is the only play GM and Ford might have. GM has gone all-in with EV's and as pricing does not drop, their overall sales are going to fall drastically, and in typical GM fashion, they'll run to the Feds for money or for EV vehicle subsidies to increase and hang around for - well - forever.

And once the subsidy gravy train starts, does it ever end? Historically no. And does a subsidized product ever get - truly - cheaper? No.

Bottom Line: The sales of gas parody, cheaper fleets of EV's is just around the corner. I don't see it materializing, and in 5-7 years when things might start improving in price, Toyota, Honda and Hyundai/KIA will be launching and readying gas parody hydrogen vehicles.

Thoughts?
"Government buying rich people, large chunks of EV cars they buy... Who is tired of subsidizing wealthy folks to buy a Jaguar EV? Anyone?... "

An amendment to the infrastructure bill would basically kill the tax credit incentives. As a retired guy, and not rich, I would not have purchased the MME without the credit. A guy who likes toys, I could have purchased an ICE with the same toys for much less. If the idea is to support decrease greenhouse gasses then there needs to be a push and incentives. Capping the price allowed would again pushed me to an ICE as I purchased the car for the toys.

The $100K limit is really not fair. Folks in high cost of living vs low cost areas make it so. A family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids 6-17 years) with $100K income filing income tax with deductions and child tax credits would owe less than $4,000 in taxes. If you can't roll those credits over from year to year, then it's not going to get families to go for EVs, and if you make 1K over, you get nothing.

This should probably be in another thread, but you asked for comments....

Mantastic

First Name
Jerrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Non-Performance
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
So now that 2022 ordering has begun, has there been any more info on changes beyond what's on the order sheet? Less hoses, cabin tweaks, parking pawl change, etc.?

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
So now that 2022 ordering has begun, has there been any more info on changes beyond what's on the order sheet? Less hoses, cabin tweaks, parking pawl change, etc.?
Does the AWD RT 1 really get 300 miles on a charge? I doubt it, but it's what it says.

Is Ford Options still a thing? It's no longer listed on the ordering site.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Also, were these always the terms and conditions?

You may be able to configure a Ford Mustang Mach-E vehicle (the “Vehicle”) through the Reservation Process (“Reservation”). By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to Ford. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Also, were these always the terms and conditions?

You may be able to configure a Ford Mustang Mach-E vehicle (the “Vehicle”) through the Reservation Process (“Reservation”). By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to Ford. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. The Dealer sets the Vehicle price, which may differ from the MSRP. Unless otherwise indicated, MSRP is the manufacturer suggested retail price and does not include destination/delivery fee plus government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Optional equipment not included.
Boiler plate. As too many people on the forum know, a bad dealer will add ADM. Need to order from a dealer that will honor no ADM. I am lucky that we have a few dealers in the SF Bay Area to shop from and Morgan Hill Ford does not do ADM or play games. They advertise no ADM on their website. In talking to the sales guy, they are not marking up the MME that they order. They sell them almost immediately.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Boiler plate. As too many people on the forum know, a bad dealer will add ADM. Need to order from a dealer that will honor no ADM. I am lucky that we have a few dealers in the SF Bay Area to shop from and Morgan Hill Ford does not do ADM or play games. They advertise no ADM on their website. In talking to the sales guy, they are not marking up the MME that they order. They sell them almost immediately.
They were one of the first dealers in the area to have one so I drove over there a few months ago. I suspect they're good as well.

Thing is, that clause basically means you can start the process, and dealer can play games at the very end of the process. Not exactly easy to discern which dealer is good and bad because likely both kinds tell the same story.

At least it does clearly state the $500 deposit is refundable from Ford now.

The car buying process is awful in this country.

techwonder21

First Name
KaMar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: BMW 4Series
Country flag
So I just called a local dealer here in SC inquiring about the 2022 Mach E GT (non-performance) model and they said that although they don't mark up over MSRP....that X-Plan pricing was not available!?

Anyone else get this same response? Should I consider this a red flag?
Sponsored