2022 Model ordering ?

snikt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Hello -- I'm contemplating putting in an order for a Premium 4X but so late in the game now I'm not sure how this would work with 2021 vs 2022. It looks like people on here who ordered in Feb are seeing build dates of like June or so. It seems like if I ordered now or in May that the build date could be something like August or September. This is usually when 2022 models start coming out I think.

My dealer didn't have any info, does anyone know if you put in an order now for a 2021, and at some point in the next few months the 2022 opened up can you convert the order to 2022? Or would it just be cancelling the order and starting over at that point?

Thanks
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I ordered a 2017 Ford Mustang in June of 2016 and had it by August of 2016. I thought that was a long time! Maybe the Mach-E will be on a similar schedule. I doubt there will be any changes except maybe internal hardware and different/more external colors.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello -- I'm contemplating putting in an order for a Premium 4X but so late in the game now I'm not sure how this would work with 2021 vs 2022. It looks like people on here who ordered in Feb are seeing build dates of like June or so. It seems like if I ordered now or in May that the build date could be something like August or September. This is usually when 2022 models start coming out I think.

My dealer didn't have any info, does anyone know if you put in an order now for a 2021, and at some point in the next few months the 2022 opened up can you convert the order to 2022? Or would it just be cancelling the order and starting over at that point?

Thanks
Before I got my June build date last week I had suspected I might end up in that situation. I asked your question of everybody I could think of and never got an answer.
Sponsored