2022 Premium (AWD, long range) vs. GT (with Blue Cruise)

zee

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Honda Odyssey, Indian Springfield DH
Country flag
So I want my first electric and my first American car!

I can't really test-drive a Mach-E near me. The only option seems to be to order it now and wait ~6 months. I am no hurry, so that's okay.

My options are

1. Get a Premium. Add AWD and the bigger battery. Get it wrapped in the colour I want (see the picture). This has an appeal because I can get it exactly how I want and make it unique. I won't be able to do it if I get the GT because that one's Cdn $20k (after taxes) more once I add the copilot and stuff.
OR
2. Get the GT Performance (can't get it without performance in Canada). Add the copilot360 option. I will also have to get winter tires because it comes with summers.

Now here's the thing: I enjoy torque as much as the next guy, but I am not going to be taking such a big electric car on a track. I won't be flooring it to time 0-60 (other than a few demos). ~5sec is "fast enough". However, I do enjoy good cornering. How's the Premium in cornering? How's the MagneRide / adaptive suspension compared to the regular one in the Premium?

The decision would be a no-brainer if: Ford did not make me buy a $4500 package because I want something that comes with the cheaper trim (copilot) and if Ford made more distinctions inside (different steering wheel with a flat bottom? Different / sports seats? Etc.)

GT Performance is better but I can't talk myself into spending $20k (Canadian) more for it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Premium (AWD, long range) vs. GT (with Blue Cruise) 1631566489025

1631566424603.png

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I have a Premium X4 and love the darn thing. It's certainly quick off the line but I don't treat it that way. I like the luxury like feel of the interior. I considered ordering a GT or GTPE but, honestly, for me it's probably just not worth the extra cash for HP that I just don't need. Would I like the extra HP, damn right I would, but I don't need it for my driving purposes.

You could get the loaded Premium and add your wrap to make it yours and be happy and money ahead, just my opinion. Good luck with your dilemma

Reactions: zee