davidgester

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Mirai
Country flag
Hi everyone, looking to clarify some technical specs, as I'm seeing contradictory information. I recently ordered a 2022 Rt 1 with AWD, which Ford's ordering form says has 300 miles range, compared to the Premium's extended AWD, which is listed at 270 miles.

Is this wrong information? Given the official PDF of the changes I saw and another mention somewhere, I'm led to believe the Rt 1's AWD range is 270-275mi, not 300. I got suspicious after the ordering form didn't mention heated seats/steering wheel on the Rt 1, but the official PDF does mention those will now be included.

Can anyone confirm exactly what is the Rt 1 AWD's range? Is it around 270 or 300? I went for the Rt 1 because of this difference, and if it isn't there, I'm gonna change my order to a Premium asap.
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Is it possible to combine threads here?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would guess the AWD Rt 1 will have an EPA range of about 281 miles.

Why?

For the 2021 Mach-Es, the ER RWD has a range of 300 miles, the CA Rt 1 RWD has 305 miles.

Applying that same ratio of difference to the 270 mile ER AWD would get us about a 275 mile range on a 2021 CA Rt 1 AWD if it existed for 2021 (which it did not). It's an approximately 1.7% improvement in range.

But for 2022, Ford increased the available battery capacity on all Mach-Es. For the ER batteries, they went from 88 kWh to 90 kWh. That's an increase of about 2.3% in total energy.

Applying an approximately 2.3% increase in range to the non-existent 2021 CA Rt 1 AWD's 275 miles of hypothetical range would take us up to approximately 281 miles of range. So that is my educated guess of what the 2022 CA Rt 1 AWD will be rated at by Ford and the EPA.

OP
OP

davidgester

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Mirai
Country flag
Yeah, that math definitely makes much more sense than what they're showing on the ordering form, especially since on the ordering form, the Rt1 RWD is 305 miles, while AWD is 300 miles. That's way too small of a difference.

Reactions: ARK

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Yeah, that math definitely makes much more sense than what they're showing on the ordering form, especially since on the ordering form, the Rt1 RWD is 305 miles, while AWD is 300 miles. That's way too small of a difference.
Hi everyone, looking to clarify some technical specs, as I'm seeing contradictory information. I recently ordered a 2022 Rt 1 with AWD, which Ford's ordering form says has 300 miles range, compared to the Premium's extended AWD, which is listed at 270 miles.

Is this wrong information? Given the official PDF of the changes I saw and another mention somewhere, I'm led to believe the Rt 1's AWD range is 270-275mi, not 300. I got suspicious after the ordering form didn't mention heated seats/steering wheel on the Rt 1, but the official PDF does mention those will now be included.

Can anyone confirm exactly what is the Rt 1 AWD's range? Is it around 270 or 300? I went for the Rt 1 because of this difference, and if it isn't there, I'm gonna change my order to a Premium asap.
Iā€™ve ordered the same car for the same reason. So are you changing your order or sticking with the CR1? Iā€™m not sure when weā€™ll get more definitive range numbers and if itā€™ll be too late to change then.

OP
OP

davidgester

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Mirai
Country flag
Iā€™ve ordered the same car for the same reason. So are you changing your order or sticking with the CR1? Iā€™m not sure when weā€™ll get more definitive range numbers and if itā€™ll be too late to change then.
So I called my dealership, they were able to change it for me without having to get back to the end of the line.

My thought process is that if it's literally a much smaller difference (which makes sense, since I can't think of how the Premium's extra speakers or bigger wheel would make the mileage significant), then for an extra 2.3k, I'd rather have all the premium extras.
Sponsored