gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag
Out of curiosity, all of you that ordered on 8/30 and got a production date. Did you all order early in the morning? did you do online or at dealer? Are you all in in different parts of the country?
5AM PDST on 8/30
GTPE
Very high-volume MME dealer in the SF Bay area.
Sponsored

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer mentioned I can sign docs and purchase the car before 12/31 to receive the tax credit, even if it has not arrived yet. Anyone done this or hear similar? My income will push me out of the tax credit eligibility in 2023. My select is scheduled to be built 11/7 and delivered to Southern California. Dealer did mention he expects turn around to be 4 weeks after 11/7 but we'll see.
Same boat, so I am also curious. Based on others' experiences here, I may need to reach out to my dealer about this.

lahyde

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
that's weird because a VIN number of the 3500 range was posted for 10/31 week build. Would have thought it would be sequential to the build. So someone that gets the #1 car could be built anytime this month and not first off the line?
I got confirmed today for a 11/21 build and have 08XX VIN

Mr_Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many to list
Country flag
10/31 build week, 03xxx VIN, Premium AWD ER
I ordered early on 8/30 and routed to a very high volume dealer in my area. I think dealer choice is a big factor in getting scheduled promptly. I also contacted the dealer a few weeks prior to connect with a salesperson and then followed-up with the salesperson immediately after I submitted the order. I was not subtle in suggesting I wanted to be first in line for a '23.

louc757

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat, 23 MME GTPE Rapid Red Nite Pony
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I got the text a few hours ago. Ordered a GTPE on 9/1 and build scheduled for 11/14. Ordered from a smaller dealer outside of Louisville KY.

VIN 05xxx. Hoping for it is delivered by 12/31 as well for the current year tax credit.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
My dealer mentioned I can sign docs and purchase the car before 12/31 to receive the tax credit, even if it has not arrived yet. Anyone done this or hear similar? My income will push me out of the tax credit eligibility in 2023. My select is scheduled to be built 11/7 and delivered to Southern California. Dealer did mention he expects turn around to be 4 weeks after 11/7 but we'll see.
That only worked before the law passed, sadly that is not an option anymore

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
How risky is this? I'm just going through all the worst-case scenarios that happened to other people before delivery.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
How risky is this? I'm just going through all the worst-case scenarios that happened to other people before delivery.
It's not possible. This was a way to do things before the new bill passed. You can't do it anymore since the bill passed.

JustSomeQuickGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I don't know about you, but my VIN was just provided in my e-mail. 🤷‍♂️
Yep, I got that email as well. It came 2-3 days after ford.com was giving me a production date, so I assumed what I posted above was the only way to get the VIN. Guess not :)

wheresmymme

First Name
Rhys Gilmore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select
Country flag
It's not possible. This was a way to do things before the new bill passed. You can't do it anymore since the bill passed.
That's for a binding agreement to purchase the car. The dealer said if the car has been built but not yet delivered to the dealership, they'd let me "take delivery" and do all the paperwork, presumably buying the car before 12/31. Sounds a bit sus lol

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, I've read the new law as it pertains to IRC Sect. 30D. It appears that you will be hampered by the language about the vehicle being "placed in service." This language in other parts of the code tend to mean when an item is first used for business purposes. I suppose in this context, they will interpret it to mean the first day you used your automobile for personal use. It would be hard to argue that you placed your car in service in 2022 if the dealer had not even received it.

Additionally, you need to provide a VIN when you claim the credit, so it would be quite easy for the IRS to follow up on these dates. Especially with all of the new money the Service is receiving to hire auditors.

OP
OP
zpel

zpel

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Dir, Data Engineering
Country flag
That's for a binding agreement to purchase the car. The dealer said if the car has been built but not yet delivered to the dealership, they'd let me "take delivery" and do all the paperwork, presumably buying the car before 12/31. Sounds a bit sus lol

It does sound a little sus, but I'm in the same tax boat so I'm following this closely.

I'm worried my 2023 income will price me out of the credit.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
California Route 1
Ordered 8/30 online
Scheduled 10/31
Sponsored