Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Fords cost did not increase by that much. They basically increased the price by the tax credit....that is no longer available.
Sponsored

dhilson

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium Black
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That's great, what company is it? And what do you do for them? I love machine learning, it has really taken off and it's crazy to see how many companies are finally understanding the benefits. I'm in data analytics and in healthcare we have been discussing machines learning and other AI types of systems for a while. I love seeing how it had been making positive impacts for healthcare, how has it been in your industry?
My company is Evenergi. It has massive benefits - but it is really hard with EVs. It is interesting that you would believe manufacturers are gathering all this great data about vehicles, but the reality is that many can't or don't so a lot of current focus is how to make contextual measurement better.

dhilson

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium Black
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I agree with you. I also hate to say it but I passed by your post because I wasn't sure how to reply without sounding condescending or judgmental and was hoping you'd get a better reply. I'm sorry that you didn't.

You mentioned that the responses were ego-filled, but I don't think that's what it really is. To explain a bit about it, the Mach-E represents a pretty big purchase for most of us here, and it's not something you'd just buy on a whim without trying to learn more about first. When it comes to electric vehicles, battery capacity and the associated expected range are the #1 concerns we hear about from most people. I think that's why you received the response that you did. It's the idea that you might have walked up to a dealership, paid the base price and then additional dealer markup on top of that, and then you'd come here to ask "what did I just buy?" The only way that question could be more egregious would be to come here and say something like "I think I bought a Mach-E yesterday, can you all help me verify that's what it is?" I don't say that to try to insult you, I hope it puts things into context and might help you to laugh a bit at yourself over it (if you can now see it from our view). Or at least, not take it as people responding from a place of ego-tripping.

Daemonic3 already answered this one a bit, but I wanted to expand a bit on it too: people don't usually talk about the ranges in exact numbers. There are two reasons for that:
1) The manufacturer-posted ranges vary based on quite a few factors, and can change between years. For the Mach-E, it primarily seems to be battery capacity and drive type (RWD vs AWD).
2) Your vehicle reports expected range, but as was mentioned, people refer to that posted range as the GOM, or "guess o' meter." GOM is an EV term (at the consumer level, at least; not sure if any fleet operator uses it) and I first encountered it on Nissan Leaf forums. The term explains how people perceive that number: it's a guess, and it can fluctuate wildly. Specifically, it's based off of a number of factors, including your driving conditions and driving style.

Given the above, bringing up that number without explaining where you're getting it from doesn't give people a whole lot to go off of.

And again, linking back to the first quote I put my response to, it implies that you made the sale without realizing that there were different battery capacities because the battery is such a critical component of electric vehicles (and something that heavily impacts the expected base price) that it's difficult for us to fathom someone spending so much money without verifying first what they were paying for. You don't need to justify yourself on this point, I'm just saying how it looks from this end.

To be fair to you, Ford just recently reopened their order banks, now for the 2023 Mach-E. It's possible if you were using their website that the Premium trim wasn't listed as a selectable option to make a comparison, using their build/configure tool. When I checked just now it seems to be up and working, showing all of the configurations that were available when I ordered mine a year ago.

It is massively under leveraged in healthcare... I work in healthcare on the clinical side and have only worked at one institution that had an actual AI division, and even that was regarded as being brand new. I know other places I've been at do use it but there is a whole lot more we could be using it for. It has the potential to change quite a bit and I think it will, once people understand more about what it is and what it can do.
Thank you so much for this thoughtful response. I really appreciate it.

For my part - my question was to flippant and non-specific and I am sorry for that.

I am passionate about the vehicle. I evaluated almost every available vehicle and I love this one. I love it even more as an owner and literally take any opportunity to "pop to the shops' so I can drive it more. I read all the positives and negative (much of which was from here), and I am going into it wide eyed.

Due to my job, I had to get one in a hurry ( I just arrived here from another country) so I had to pay the dealer premium which was extremely painful. I considered getting an interim second hand EV and waiting , but Kia Niro was the only option that made sense right now and it is too small for us (I have a few kids).Most other EVs are massively over valued second hand right now.

On the range point - that is a lot of what our software does - emulates range based on multi-physics models that take into account topography, weather, loading, regenerative braking etc etc. we then work on the impact on battery state of charge, and battery state of health (charging behaviour is clearly a huge one here) . We get real data and use machine learning to improve those algorithms over time.

But even then, generally when talking "in the wild" I do use NEDC / WLTP/ EPA quoted figures (depending on country and situation) as it just creates a baseline for comparison (as much as it is always inaccurate as you say)

One main reason for going for the vehicle I did with the 91 kW (which was just called "premium" at the time) was the extended range - which I think will make a big difference on the residual value. People also do not often think abut battery degradation over time which will really impact on future range - particularly in different conditions.

Thank you again for your thoughtful response.

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Thank you so much for this thoughtful response. I really appreciate it.

For my part - my question was to flippant and non-specific and I am sorry for that.

I am passionate about the vehicle. I evaluated almost every available vehicle and I love this one. I love it even more as an owner and literally take any opportunity to "pop to the shops' so I can drive it more. I read all the positives and negative (much of which was from here), and I am going into it wide eyed.

Due to my job, I had to get one in a hurry ( I just arrived here from another country) so I had to pay the dealer premium which was extremely painful. I considered getting an interim second hand EV and waiting , but Kia Niro was the only option that made sense right now and it is too small for us (I have a few kids).Most other EVs are massively over valued second hand right now.

One main reason for going for the vehicle I did with the 91 kW (which was just called "premium" at the time) was the extended range - which I think will make a big difference on the residual value. People also do not often think abut battery degradation over time which will really impact on future range - particularly in different conditions.

Thank you again for your thoughtful response.
This is my 3rd EV, OG Leaf, then Bolt, now MME, I do a TON of research on everything and had settled on a Bronco, shopped for 6 months, studied window stickers, nothing was quite right. The Bolt was recalled and I was waiting for my free swap vehicle. In March one place said, "no broncos, but we have 1 of those Mach-Es at MSRP" I wasnt shopping EVs I was waiting for supply chains, and supply to come back, so I did a quick 90min of research and bought it site unseen. Did not know it was AWD or that it had BC until I picked it up. Turns out the rush decision was much better than all my research on the Bronco!

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Not sure if you moved here or moved back here, but welcome or welcome back, whichever the case may be! I hope it's a smooth transition. And I hear you on the children front - that's my reason for swapping out my relatively tiny Leaf for a Mach-E. The timing kind of stinks... the Kia EV9, due out next year, or the VW ID.Buzz, also due out next year, would probably be more ideal family vehicles. I'm not a huge fan of the way VW has been implementing their EVs, though. Based on my test-drive of a Kia EV6, the EV9 should be really enticing. But the Mach-E certainly isn't a bad option for what's available now. If your kids like the acceleration, the EV9 is unlikely to beat the Mach-E. Unfortunately for me, one of my little ones loves getting thrown back in their seat, while the other tells me they get carsick - so because I'd rather not be cleaning up gastric contents, slow we go!

Agree with you on battery degradation - based on published data it's not as big a deal as people make it out to be (the idea that you'd need to change out your pack, at considerable cost, just because the vehicle becomes ten years old has been proven to be nonsense), but it still occurs. The more you have to start with, the more you'll have later on.

Premium trim comes with four possible combinations: standard or extended-range battery; and RWD or AWD. As others have mentioned, there's supposed to be badges on the lower front portion of the door indicating the special options (extended-range and AWD being the possible special options, as they add on to cost). For a few months the Premium and CA Rt1 trims were not available on the Ford website, and you could only configure Select and GT trims.

A lot of dealerships don't know all of the details of the vehicle... and all of what I've written above comes from spending way too much time learning about the vehicle and Ford's activity. 11 months of waiting for the car does that to a person :p But that is all to say that I don't blame you for not necessarily knowing that Premium had the most configurable drive-related options of the four trims. And if some of your information came from your dealer, it would definitely not be surprising at all.

Lepris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE 2022 AWD SR
Country flag
Damn well that's not good. I guess this might explain why teslas price jumped so much too, they got ahead of it.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last year the 2021 Premium AWD ER price was a bargain. $56K minus tax credit.

These new prices? Meh.

As a GTPE and new BMW i4 owner… I much prefer the i4 if I was going to fork out high-60s or low-70s for a car. The i4 has vastly better suspension, audio, interior. It’s coupe/hatchback though.

I would seriously consider a Nissan Ariya Platinum+ at $58K without the tax credit because it would be the same price as a 4X with the tax credit.

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The options are included in the new base price On the premium Model. Does not look like much of a price hike if you were going load it up as you should. Didn’t check the select but that one should be able to be ordered stripped

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The options are included in the new base price On the premium Model. Does not look like much of a price hike if you were going load it up as you should. Didn’t check the select but that one should be able to be ordered stripped
Cyber Orange Premium AWD ER in 2021 was $57935 with destination. Photo from my build sheet on Oct 1, 2021

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mach-E Price Increases Substantially! 💰 1662262002804

In 2022/2023 it is $68610. That's a $10675 price increase with the exact same options (floor mats).

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mach-E Price Increases Substantially! 💰 1662262045531

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Rapid Red GTPE in 2021 without floor mats.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mach-E Price Increases Substantially! 💰 1662262264871

As configured in 2023 with $240 mats

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mach-E Price Increases Substantially! 💰 1662262306283

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Cyber Orange Premium AWD ER in 2021 was $57935 with destination. Photo from my build sheet on Oct 1, 2021

In 2022/2023 it is $68610. That's a $10675 price increase with the exact same options (floor mats).

You think that’s bad? In 2021 gas was $2.40 a gallon!

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
When they converted 2021s to 2022, the net increase to the consumer was negative, i.e. a savings. My price went up $595, they gave me a $750 incentive.
What was the process to get the $750 incentive related to the 2021 to 2022 bump?

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
What was the process to get the $750 incentive related to the 2021 to 2022 bump?
It would be tied to your Name/Address in SmartVincent. The dealer would look you up and see all the benefits you are eligible for. Some incentives may be tied to your address too, like a competitive conquest rebate would make someone eligible if they lived in the same home as someone that has a Chevy on lease, for example, without that vehicle being sold to the person buying the Ford.

So it's good to have your salesperson run the SmartVincent on the same person that has the original '22 order and ensure it is showing whatever the new rebate is for those that get converted to '23.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
An email was received that said you had it, and it was in Smart Vincent as noted.
Sponsored