Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Surely Ford understands the implications of this classification and hopefully they will be lobbying hard to get it changed asap.

The electric small SUV segment is getting really crowded and really competitive heading into 2023. If they want the Mach-E to keep its strong market share, they absolutely need this tax credit.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
2022 and 2023 window sticker just says 5-Passenger. No mention of SUV/CUV or Small Wagon. I can see the confusion. A Mustang is a car. Mach-e could either be a SUV or a small station wagon. I thought it was based on how EPA classified. Classification may be changed.

2023 PREMIUM RWD
5-PASSENGER
70KWH USABLE STD BATTERY
SINGLE-SPEED TRANSMISSION
Exterior STAR MET TRI-COAT
INTERIOR LT GRAY PERFORATED ACTIVEX

Also is the $55,000 threshold based on MSRP less Options and Destination Charges?

ssmachemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Can’t wait for my car to arrive on January 3rd with so many unknowns. Just past the cut off of Dec 31, then hear March 2023 is new cut of, now this. Not sure what to believe.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Can’t wait for my car to arrive on January 3rd with so many unknowns. Just past the cut off of Dec 31, then hear March 2023 is new cut of, now this. Not sure what to believe.
Well unless IRS screwed up their listing, this is as official as it gets. It is on their darn website.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Well I am so pi$$ed off with this news!

My Premium base MME is a mere $1275 over MSRP limit!

Guess I will be refusing delivery next month after waiting 8 months...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well I am so pi$$ed off with this news!

My Premium base MME is a mere $1275 over MSRP limit!

Guess I will be refusing delivery next month after waiting 8 months...
Wait and see. That list is hardly comprehensive atm. It may change before your car arrives.

trvale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e SR RWD, 2022 Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
The IRS spits truth here. The only reason anyone would call the Mach-E an SUV is because Americans have all lost their god damn minds and most will not purchase a vehicle that isn't an SUV. Even when most of those SUV purchases are just boring tall cars anyway. The Mach E is a fun to drive family station wagon, and that should be considered a good thing.

Argue that the MSRP limit shouldn't be different between vehicle type, but you can't argue what is clearly a car should be an SUV.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I have to imagine Ford CEO (Farley) is calling the White House as we speak. I would imagine (but not 100% sure) Ford uses Union Labor, so I think as much as Biden is "in bed with labor unions" there may be an override somewhere down the line. I get a lot of fun when someone shows me the tweets of Must trolling Biden when he brings up only labor auto manufacturers or the need to build a charging network.

if not, that really sucks for the MME. You can already hear the competitor's commercials reminding the consumers that the MME won't qualify.

I think the income restriction is worse news for EV's in general!!! Makes no sense if you want people to adopt electric vehicles.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Incoming price cut in 3...2...
It looks like Select and a few Premium (RWD, Short Range) would still qualify, below the $55k limit. I think it's reasonable to expect price cuts on higher trims, but not immediately - Ford will do better to just wait a few months and see how the market develops.

Perhaps Ford would make an early adjustment for SallyPat (above) - cut the MSRP by $1,300 and qualify the car for the tax credit. The government might not like that, and Ford might or might not care.
Sponsored