Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This just came out today, CALL YOUR DEALER ASAP if you wanted to order a 2023 Select! Orders must be in by Friday afternoon! This includes '22>'23 conversions that haven't been finalized yet!

SUMMARY
Since the order bank re-opened, customer demand for Mustang Mach-E has exceeded projections for some models. For Mustang Mach-E Select, we have increased production well above original projections. To further help manage supply constraints and provide more predictable order-to-delivery times for all of our customers, we are pausing retail orders on the Select model. This action will be effective on Ford.com build and price on October 6th and in-dealership ordering on October 7th. We recognize this may be frustrating for customers who have been considering placing an order for a Select model, so we encourage you to reach out to customers wishing to order a Select model before the key dates below.

KEY DATES
  • October 6, 2022: Ford.com Build & Price will be turned off for the Mustang Mach-E Select model at 8 am (EDT)
  • October 7, 2022: Dealers will have until 5 pm (EDT) to submit into WBDO new 2023 Mustang Mach-E Select model retail orders AND Dealers must complete acceptance of any new 2023 Mustang Mach-E Select retail orders from the eCommerce system by 5 pm (EDT)
Mustang Mach-E Premium, California Route 1 and GT are not affected by this action and dealers can continue to submit retail orders.

--------

FYI it's likely the order banks for the other trims will be closing soon in the next few weeks as well.
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
LFP rollout? Pushing people to more profitable trim levels? One has to wonder.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
LFP rollout? Pushing people to more profitable trim levels? One has to wonder.
hard to say for sure, but they did close the maverick order banks already so could just be demand

sherl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Country flag
I'm still undecided. Can I place an order and cancel later? The $500 deposit refundable?

Can someone tell me how to order from a dealer? I built the select trim I wanted and it shows me the dealers and stuff but is that it or something more to the story?

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I'm still undecided. Can I place an order and cancel later? The $500 deposit refundable?

Can someone tell me how to order from a dealer? I built the select trim I wanted and it shows me the dealers and stuff but is that it or something more to the story?
Yes the $500 deposit is refundable if you cancel. When you've built your config, you should be able to select a dealer (choose carefully) and place the order online with the $500 deposit. Make sure you look at at the "Difference from Total MSRP" line carefully, this is the dealer markup amount.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag

$500 should be fully refundable. I believe you might have to go into the dealership to order. At least that is what I did.

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
The deposit is refundable and the way to order from the dealer is to just walk in and tell them you want to order. It really was that easy for me.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
$500 should be fully refundable. I believe you might have to go into the dealership to order. At least that is what I did.
The deposit is refundable and the way to order from the dealer is to just walk in and tell them you want to order. It really was that easy for me.
You do not have to go into a dealer to buy a Mach-E. You can order it online.

In fact, I strongly encourage ordering online for transparency reasons. You will know for sure your order was submitted correctly, can see if changes were made, be notified of your production date, and have the option of signing for it online if you want to bypass dealer bullshit at the time of sale. You can also sign in person if you prefer. However if you do order online, make sure you call the dealer and have them accept the order in eCommerce right away. Sometimes dealers don't get around to doing that so the order is never submitted. You want to see a check on "Order accepted by Dealer" by 5 PM EST Friday.

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
In my case I did get notified directly when things changed, but you are right that or depends more on the dealer to get things right. But if someone misses the online deadline tomorrow, there's still a chance to go through a dealership on the 7th.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag

the deposit MAY be refundable - the following is the description of the "Order Deposit" from my order:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 Mach-E Select Order Banks Closing on Friday (October 7, 2022) Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 9.44.30 PM

at this point you may be taking a $500 chance if you haven't talked to your dealer prior about their policy. as others have noted it is very common that it is refundable.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Pay close attention when ordering online. Ford actually shows individual dealer markups at checkout just before you actually pay. It is not super evident but it will be shown in the final price.

My closest dealer cost $1000 more for the same car I am buying from another dealer 20 miles farther from me that had no markup on the online order page.

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
Wow crazy.
I placed a '23 select order on 8/29, my coworker placed a order for a premium same day 8/29. Couple weeks ago he got a build date of late november, I have not received a build date yet. also the lead times on ford.com show select taking much longer now. Perhaps the favored the more expense higher trim to keep peoples hopes up that they will get the car before year end and and still get the full $7500 federal credit as opposed to half from what it seems starting next year.

Insane to think they are closing banks (for select) for "23MY in October '22 o_O

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
Should do wonders for dealer ADM. you can order this GT for $75k or you can have this unavailable Select for $75k.
Sponsored