Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
First of all fabulous looking car 👍
What the price for this job? Why you decided to apply ceramic coating?
TY. For the 7 year warranty on OptiCoat it was $1599 for all exterior surfaces, including all glass, plus an additional $75 per wheel (includes calipers).

We went with OptiCoat Ceramic, because It shows up on CarFax and increases the value of the car.

The reason for doing this is that we never need to wax and water just beads and rain just flows off.
Most of the time we don't need to actually wash the car, rather a rinse with a power washer, a blow-dry with a leaf-blower, and final drying with damp terry cloth towels is all that's needed.

Occasionally we'll actually run it through a truly touchless car wash (the kind that just blows soap and water on the car, doesn't actually touch the car), which we do on the cheapest setting, because we need only soap, no wax or other treatments, then blow dry with the leaf-blower and final drying with damp terry cloth towels. That's especially useful in the winter where we live, because of the salt on the roads.

RP_GT

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Vette LT1; '06 Mazda6 V6; '22 MME GT
Occupation
Elec. Engr.
Country flag
I just finished mine before Christmas. 3 sessions over 3 weekends. Light polishing, decontamination, clay mitt, and Adam's Graphene Ceramic coating on every exterior surface. Oh, I guess I pulled the wheels and did them one evening separately. I split the car into 3 sections to do it. I love the UV component so you can see where you are coating. I am a weirdo and turned out the garage lights, and just used the UV flashlight to apply. I could control thickness and see where I was going that way. I also love spending time detailing my cars, and also hate paying other people to do things for me (car repair, plumbing, construction projects, etc). But each to their own. I like that the OP will get a mention of the Pro application in his CarFax should he decide to sell.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
ceramic coating + cyber orange FTW!

It's been raining in CA.... I took these in my garage this morning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 MME GT PE after ceramic coating IMG_3025.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 MME GT PE after ceramic coating IMG_3026.JPG

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
TY. For the 7 year warranty on OptiCoat it was $1599 for all exterior surfaces, including all glass, plus an additional $75 per wheel (includes calipers).

We went with OptiCoat Ceramic, because It shows up on CarFax and increases the value of the car.

The reason for doing this is that we never need to wax and water just beads and rain just flows off.
Most of the time we don't need to actually wash the car, rather a rinse with a power washer, a blow-dry with a leaf-blower, and final drying with damp terry cloth towels is all that's needed.

Occasionally we'll actually run it through a truly touchless car wash (the kind that just blows soap and water on the car, doesn't actually touch the car), which we do on the cheapest setting, because we need only soap, no wax or other treatments, then blow dry with the leaf-blower and final drying with damp terry cloth towels. That's especially useful in the winter where we live, because of the salt on the roads.
Great! I follow the same rules you described, but instead of ceramic coating I wash my cars using two buckets method and apply good quality detailing spray just few times per year. All other times quick blast with a power washer is enough for my cars. I decided it is better to invest in proper tools and detailing supplies then overpay for ceramic coating.

ceramic coating + cyber orange FTW!

It's been raining in CA.... I took these in my garage this morning.

Also from CA. Just Adams Detailing Spray ;)
and yes it lasts only few months but can be applied very easily and price is very low.

Wet (before)
446D5499-C943-4D38-A63A-44C7EB7AF027.jpeg

vs

Dried after few hours

1EAF841F-F730-48E2-AF0E-57C15EBC2A9C.jpeg

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got my entire car ceramic coated after my PPF was put on the front end. I love it and would recommend it to others. I will put it on all my new cars going forward. I have yet to wash my car and I am coming up on 10 months of ownership. I use waterless car spray and wipe off the dirt.

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
I got my entire car ceramic coated after my PPF was put on the front end. I love it and would recommend it to others. I will put it on all my new cars going forward. I have yet to wash my car and I am coming up on 10 months of ownership. I use waterless car spray and wipe off the dirt.
I am thinking of doing the same thing with front ppf and ceramic! How much did that cost you?

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I am thinking of doing the same thing with front ppf and ceramic! How much did that cost you?
Mine was $4k. I did add PPF to the rocker panels, all the pillars, a portion of the rear bumper, door sill and door edges and full car ceramic coating with the 10 year warranty. I believe it is two coats.
Sponsored