devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD, '22 Hyundai Tucson SEL AWD
Occupation
Law Enforcement Software Engineer
Country flag
How long does the 21P22 typically take to get done? Took my MME in for the TSB2205(I think thats the one) and they told me they didn't see any other updates for mine when @DevSecOps has ran my VIN very recently and I know this not to be true. I just want some more ground to stand on when I call the dealership tomorrow morning to complain.

Backstory: I took it in this morning at 730 before work and they knew about the TSB issue however I also explicity told them to install the charging curve update CSP 21P22. They said ok no problem. Using the status checker they have for what stage your vehicle is in, and when my securialert went off, they didn't start working on it until about 30mins before I got there.

@Ford Motor Company - This is ridiculous as I live about 45 mins away and only go to that town about once a week. This is horrible customer service.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Why do people add words to what they want the dealer to do?

Please do 21P22. Don't say charging curve, they don't know the details, you just confuse them It has up to module updates.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why do people add words to what they want the dealer to do?

Please do 21P22. Don't say charging curve, they don't know the details, you just confuse them It has up to module updates.
I stated the 21P22 CSP update and they said they knew what I was talking about. Not my first time having work done at a dealership. Also doesn’t answer my question or add any helpful information to the convo.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The update should take about 2 hours, barring any complications.

Ford allows about 1.25 hours to be billed for the work. For my car it took 2 sessions, each about 30 minutes.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'm not sure exactly on the time, in thinking 45 minutes maybe? However they did mine when it was in for the recall so it's hard to pinpoint the exact amount of time.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The update should take about 2 hours, barring any complications.

Ford allows about 1.25 hours to be billed for the work. For my car it took 2 sessions, each about 30 minutes.
Thanks, thats what I was looking for. Gonna call the service manager in the am to make them actually do it. From reading the repair description, they basically wiped the dtc's and sent me on my way.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, thats what I was looking for. Gonna call the service manager in the am to make them actually do it. From reading the repair description, they basically wiped the dtc's and sent me on my way.
Bring in the instructions for the update. Make sure they do all 12 modules. Ask for proof that they did all 12. My dealership did the first 5 and said it was done. Thankfully a meme we on here checked for me and told me the screwed me. I then had to argue with the dealership to get them to finish the job.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 21P22 How Long to Complete? 5D7031A9-22AB-48CA-96FE-29E27486AE1B

Ford Mustang Mach-E 21P22 How Long to Complete? 85AA83C0-4484-4CD1-8983-56979966B19D
Ford Mustang Mach-E 21P22 How Long to Complete? 43FF38D1-B227-43C1-A4DB-7BBDADF4BA86

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealership did the powertrain group which is the first 5 and runs as a group and then said “that’s all we can do, we can’t run updates individually” even though that’s what the instructions from Ford say to do.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bring in the instructions for the update. Make sure they do all 12 modules. Ask for proof that they did all 12. My dealership did the first 5 and said it was done. Thankfully a meme we on here checked for me and told me the screwed me. I then had to argue with the dealership to get them to finish the job.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 21P22 How Long to Complete? 43FF38D1-B227-43C1-A4DB-7BBDADF4BA86

Thanks. This is perfect. Gonna give these to him. The service advisor "was like Ford never sent us anything on them and we do these as recalls". To me, it sounds like they basically waited until the end of the day and got in a rush before I got there.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have the notice that was sent out that lists all the modules?

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do you have the notice that was sent out that lists all the modules?
I’ve got a FDRS readout that list all the modules that need to be updated…does that count?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve got a FDRS readout that list all the modules that need to be updated…does that count?
No don’t give them that. They can’t do all the updates that are available, only the ones that are listed in a bulletin from ford.

Print out the original bulletin from here.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...gram-21p22-software-calibration-update.11677/

When you go in hand them the bulletin and say this is what Ford says you have to do. Then hand them the instructions and say this is how you have to do it.

They should also do the Blue Cruise updates for you too, but that’s a whole other set of updates with some overlap.

OP
OP

devildog125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No don’t give them that. They can’t do all the updates that are available, only the ones that are listed in a bulletin from ford.

Print out the original bulletin from here.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...gram-21p22-software-calibration-update.11677/

When you go in hand them the bulletin and say this is what Ford says you have to do. Then hand them the instructions and say this is how you have to do it.

They should also do the Blue Cruise updates for you too, but that’s a whole other set of updates with some overlap.
Yup got that one.