21P22 (Software Calibration Update) Expanded to Include Vehicles Built Through Sept 30, 2021

At427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
So I take it that the dealers hesitation about scheduling for this was because it wasn’t properly in the OASIS. They didn’t have any hesitation about the fan noise TSB but asking about this was awkward.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
So I take it that the dealers hesitation about scheduling for this was because it wasn’t properly in the OASIS. They didn’t have any hesitation about the fan noise TSB but asking about this was awkward.
Yes, if they don’t see it they don’t believe you.

russell

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It appears Ford may have finally fixed their VIN lists so 21P22 shows up when the dealer searches your VIN in the OASIS system. Vehicles in the expansion that were previously denied can try again with your dealer. It was not showing up for the expanded group previously due to some kind of glitch.
Yes, this was the case. The internal systems utilized by OASIS were not in-sync with the updated CSP. These VINs are now showing in OASIS as of April 22.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I can confirm about 3 weeks ago, my Job 1 was not showing 21P22 in Oasis but as of this morning, it was

Djchris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
I took my car to get the updates for faster charging today. I have a loaner. Let me see how it goes. My car was built December 15, 2021. Came with Blue cruise

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I took my car to get the updates for faster charging today. I have a loaner. Let me see how it goes. My car was built December 15, 2021. Came with Blue cruise
Huh, how did you manage that? The CSP isn’t for your build date yet.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Following up a bit late- I had some trouble with one dealer (Hilltop Ford in CA) getting the update done, as they said they finally found my VIN in OASIS and said they would do it, but issues with the Pre-Collision Assist dropping out would require a $269 diagnostic fee. Then I called Walnut Creek (CA) Ford and was told they could do the CSP upgrade and the Pre-Collision issue would be addressed by the free upgrade. It took a couple of days to update all the modules, and it has been two weeks with no post-update problems.
Thanks for the help @Mach-Lee
Your build date is July 24, 2021 so it should be showing up. However it is not showing up for some reason. Same for some other vehicles I checked. I guess it's not clear to me if the expansion applies to only some vehicles, or all with that date range. I think the original version applied to all vehicles. So it may be a problem with the expansion being applied properly in the computer system causing it to not show up?

Question: Has anyone in the expanded VIN range (June 18 2021 - Sept 30 2021) gotten 21P22 done successfully at your dealer yet?

You may have a bit of an uphill battle with your dealer, they should pull up your VIN in OASIS, click the SSSC (Special Service Support Center) link at the bottom of the page, and make a case asking if 21P22 applies to your VIN, and if so why it isn't showing up under field service actions.

russell

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had the CSP applied by my dealer yesterday on my September build. Dropped off and picked up in the same day with all modules identified in the CSP updated successfully.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Come on October builds! 🤞

Some day we'll be eligible too.
Yeah, you might not want to be too enthusiastic about having it expanded. There are a few dealers that have had “issues” with doing this TSB. The real question is which dealers are among “the few” ;)

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It seems I am now eligible, built August 30. But my guess is that this update is more likely to make my car worse than better. Call me a pessimist.

Can any Job 2 people report noticeable results - favorable or unfavorable - from this 21P22 update?