21P22 unlock extra 3 kWh or not?

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
What is 21p22? Firmware update I assume? Is it available OTA?
Customer satisfaction program to update some software for early 2021 builds (before October).
It's dealer installed only.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Meh. It all depends upon your point of view. 1 DCFC on the island that any Mach-e can use. Its just under 10 miles from my house. I was much happier with the door module update than the charge curve. ;)

3 extra kWh wouldā€™ve been nice though.
What was the door module update?

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I was much happier with the door module update than the charge curve. ;)
That's a weird way to spell remote frunk release, but maybe us mainlanders are weird šŸ˜‰. Jk, I know 21P22 didn't do crap for the frunk.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The kWh to empty PID has never exceeded 88 for me. Been super close a few times but it maxes out there. If you see 91 kWh to empty then it appears you have a 2022 or updated your 2021 somehow.
I have a 2021 Job 2 GT, and as far as I can tell, nobody has been able to confirm that FDRS updates give my car the additional capacity. So if you are correct, many people have it and don't realize it. There have been a lot of module updates since mine was updated in February, and my car is behind. I did get the improved charge curve though.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I worry about the extra battery capacity less and less now that I see how rarely I charge to 100%, but knowing that Ford sees no harm in increasing capacity makes me feel more comfortable charging to 85 or 90% at home.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Has anyone been able to confirm that 21P22 does indeed unlock an extra 3 kWh of usable battery to bring 2021s in line with 2022s? Iā€™ve searched through numerous threads on here and have found several conflicting answers. From what Iā€™m reading, it seems that the general opinion is that it does not unlock an additional 3 kWh of usable battery, but if anyone knows for sure, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I think you will find that the additional usable battery increase was for 22MY cars ONLY. I seem to recall the statement regarding this issue stated that it wouldn't be available for 21MY cars

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think you will find that the additional usable battery increase was for 22MY cars ONLY. I seem to recall the statement regarding this issue stated that it wouldn't be available for 21MY cars
And that statement was later debunked. Ford execs have implied that it will happen, but there has been no official confirmation either way.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If Ford added the extra usable capacity to 2021 cars, they'd be bragging about it, not hiding it. It could still happen, but I would guess that's it's pretty low on their list at the moment.
Personal guess, but I think Fird had its plate full with the BlueCruise updates, getting the PowerUp program improved, the latest recall, and delivering on features promised to job 1 cars (BlueCruise and remote Frunk). Unlocking an extra 3 kWh (or so), probably isnā€™t on the agenda.

And yeah, if they had unlocked it with 21P22, weā€™d all have known about it ages ago.

SCP31

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e GT, 2015 Audi TT, 1968 Triumph
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is 21p22? Firmware update I assume? Is it available OTA?
I had the 21p22 update installed by my dealer on 6/10. When I got the car back my phones were no longer synched and my paak no longer worked. Worse, I cannot reinstall it. I resynched the phones, but have had no luck with the paak. Has anyone else had this problem?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Has anyone been able to confirm that 21P22 does indeed unlock an extra 3 kWh of usable battery to bring 2021s in line with 2022s? Iā€™ve searched through numerous threads on here and have found several conflicting answers. From what Iā€™m reading, it seems that the general opinion is that it does not unlock an additional 3 kWh of usable battery, but if anyone knows for sure, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
+3kWhr 'unlocked' with a software parameter doesn't make the battery any larger capacity.... it just gives you a thinner margin of error. An extra 10 miles of 'possible' range should be the very last thing you ask for if you want to prevent damage to your battery. Running your battery below 10% is something you should avoid whenever possible.

There are many other beneficial updates in 21p22, but allowing deeper discharge, and/or enabling faster DCFC above 80% are probably not what you want to push.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had the 21p22 update installed by my dealer on 6/10. When I got the car back my phones were no longer synched and my paak no longer worked. Worse, I cannot reinstall it. I resynched the phones, but have had no luck with the paak. Has anyone else had this problem?
sounds like your dealer screwed up....
I'd get the actual list of modules they successfully updated from your Service invoice, compare to what should be in 21p22, and bring the car back in to have them try again..... and don't leave the dealership until they have PAAK working.
Sponsored