Cloris_GT

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Is anyone else having issues with deficient range at 100% charge?
Sponsored

Last edited:

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
GT 2022 Standard. I get 260-270 miles with mild everyday pedal application. When driving hard I see about 210miles.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Probably installed the wrong battery. But seriously what’s your efficiency? Guessing it isn’t above 3mi/kWh.

My real thoughts get over relying on the GOM.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Your photo shows the dash, indicating a 100% charge and a Guess-O-Meter (GOM) range estimate of 215 miles. In rare instances the GOM is going to be correct. That said, when I was bashing on my GT-PE a lot my range estimates were sometimes around 185 (extrapolated, since I almost never charge to 100%). When my dog got sick and I had to drive more sedately (f$!@%ng cancer), my estimate rose quite a lot. As @billyp asked, what does your average consumption look like? 🤷‍♂️🐩

avboughtmache

First Name
Amar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300, 2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
I see 262 miles/100pcnt charge on my car. No complaints.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
I get 235-240 consistently at 80% which is 290+ at 100 percent the GOM. I validated this on a recent trip by calculating the miles driven / charge levels. My wife drives the GTPE and she runs it normal with the air running all the time. So your 215 range is for sure a problem IMO. Something is wrong.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Everyone who talks about driving in Southern CA, Arizona, Texas freeways talks about driving 75-80MPH. But you also don’t provide your average speeds. If it’s anything over 65 MPH, I believe 210 miles is pretty good.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Everyone who talks about driving in Southern CA, Arizona, Texas freeways talks about driving 75-80MPH. But you also don’t provide your average speeds. If it’s anything over 65 MPH, I believe 210 miles is pretty good.
Hiding his speed in the picture might be a "tell". :)

Personally, I'm averaging 275-285 over the last 700miles, 50/50 mixed driving.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I have a 2022 Mach E GT (stnd, not performance) and at 100% charge I have a max range of 215 (which is the best I've ever gotten; 200-205 is more typical). I live in San Diego so weather is not a factor. The local Ford dealer tried to tell me that was realistic because of driving behavior, but I know that's BS because this is my 2nd Mach E — I had a 2021 Premium 4X for 7mo. before a teenager in a truck hit me and ran me off the road and head-on into a concrete barrier (I walked away unhurt because of the excellent safety tech). The 2021 always showed btwn 260-270 max range at full charge.

I drove the car from San Diego to Phoenix last week and because the EA station in Dateland AZ was unexpectedly down (I checked the app the day before) I ran out of charge and had to be towed. If the car was giving me the full expected range it would have made it from Yuma to Phoenix.

I am beginning to wonder if it's a bad battery since the local dealer has already looked at it once since I bought it (last April). California has strict lemon laws, so if it is a bad battery I might have to go that route (which I don't want to do). I am in love with this car but for $65k it should be getting the full range promised.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Daniel

View attachment 76206
My GTPE registers 298 miles a few weeks ago and avg 285 miles in 80 deg temps. Local runs are at 45mph avg 3.5 kWh. At 65 mph avg 3.0kwh. Ford should be able to test your battery by letting it charge over ight to 100pct and see why your range is so far off.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Hiding his speed in the picture might be a "tell". :)

Personally, I'm averaging 275-285 over the last 700miles, 50/50 mixed driving.
Is that what the big pink Post-It Note is hiding on the right side of the screen? I was wondering why that there as it seemed out of place.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The GOM in my 2021 er rear wheel recently showed 302 miles at 90%. Of course I only drive locally on flat land at no faster than 55 mph.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

I have a 2022 Mach E GT (stnd, not performance) and at 100% charge I have a max range of 215 (which is the best I've ever gotten; 200-205 is more typical). I live in San Diego so weather is not a factor. The local Ford dealer tried to tell me that was realistic because of driving behavior, but I know that's BS because this is my 2nd Mach E — I had a 2021 Premium 4X for 7mo. before a teenager in a truck hit me and ran me off the road and head-on into a concrete barrier (I walked away unhurt because of the excellent safety tech). The 2021 always showed btwn 260-270 max range at full charge.

I drove the car from San Diego to Phoenix last week and because the EA station in Dateland AZ was unexpectedly down (I checked the app the day before) I ran out of charge and had to be towed. If the car was giving me the full expected range it would have made it from Yuma to Phoenix.

I am beginning to wonder if it's a bad battery since the local dealer has already looked at it once since I bought it (last April). California has strict lemon laws, so if it is a bad battery I might have to go that route (which I don't want to do). I am in love with this car but for $65k it should be getting the full range promised.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Daniel

View attachment 76206
215 seems low but as stated lots of variables to consider. Have you already gone to Settings>Vehicle>EV driving history and reset it?