'22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
My gt in summer has been showing 235-250 range at 90% charge. My wife’s car and it’s mostly free driving. I would say 80% to work and back and she drives usually 70-80. Below 75 you do tend to get decent range. 3.0 or above even with ac on at 2. Overall in summer I have been getting stated range actually better. Esteem Winter I can go as low as 185-200 if car is not preheated but still good for daily commute.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for tonight's entertainment, this whole thing was hilarious. I still don't see a single post from the OP mentioning 2.5mi/kWh but multiple references to it. Nor do I see a picture ever posted. I'm guessing posts are being deleted and/or edited which makes it even more confusing!

We've had our Premium ER RWD about 1 month now and the GOM when scaled to 100% has always been between 310-320mi. Around town trips are consistently between 3.5-4mi/kWh and my trips from Sac to San Jose have been ~3.5mi/kWh with the worst at 3.3. I use adaptive extensively and lock in at 74mph and make minor adjustments to avoid speedmatching my neighbors as needed. Heavy traffic doesn't always allow for 74mph the entire trips either.

I found it hilarious though that we did a round trip (50mi each way) to visit the in-laws and my wife drove. She doesn't use cruise and was generally between 78-83mph (I kept glancing over). Both legs of the trip were the WORST I've even seen at 2.7mi/kWh 🤣 . The GOM will slowly have to recover from this wound but current 100% scaled projection is down to 291mi.

Next time I do a freeway drive I'll take a data log with Carscanner and make a plot. It would look something like this one (I'm not sure what causes those negative glitches - will look into it). I'm just showing an example plot here. It should be interesting to see how badly the drag affects the instant km/kWh. (I'll also see if I can have it generate mi/kWh)

Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient 1660719239412

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
You know, when I took that original photo I was in a hurry. Perhaps if ppl weren't such assholes for no good reason it wouldn't have turned into this either.
There is an old saying "If everybody is saying you are drunk, it's time to sit down".

• Love
Reactions: ARK

Dadams

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E GT-SOLD, 22 Sorento PHEV, 23 MachE GT RR
Country flag
This is what we get with my 2022 GT with 83% charge, I think at 100% it says 265. Wife does mostly country road driving 55 to 60 mph

Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient Screenshot_20220817-080301_FordPass

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
geez. How do you do that?? I’m always 220-230mi of GOM range. I get between 2.7-3.0mi/kWh for the most part.

I’m still waiting on 22S41 to start me on my SSN journey.

Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient Screenshot_20220817-080301_FordPass
I try to avoid traffic and freeways when I can, I'd rather take more time and back roads when I can. When I had a PHEV, I always tried to hypermile to be able to drive mostly on electric, and I'm still in that habit mostly. I also try to take advantage of regen any time I can.

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
Really? "Customer service friendly"? We are your neighbors, not your personal help desk support, and we do not work for Ford. Some of us are retired, and some of us are still working. This forum is something we do for fun, and to provide a service.

Your attitude speaks volumes. I asked you to think about your next post before you made it, and apparently that went right over your head.

Good luck. You have annoyed the crap out of me now. Maybe someone else will help you.
I'm sorry you were annoyed. It would have been just as easy to ignore the thread rather than turn it into this childish rant about how the OP didn't answer your question. 7 F-ing pages of bitching about the fact the OP didn't do math for you and turning it into a personal attack. I don't know why the OP keeps responding to the same bitchings, but we could delete 99% of this thread, leave my answer and the rest of the world would think this forum is full of people who enjoy their cars rather than keyboard warriors looking to create unneeded drama. - thesmoothdome out.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
GT standard summer rage reported today all the way up to a high of 306! (more typical summer average 285-299) I expect as low as 235 in dead of winter though. I get the GOM is just that, but it shows the general trend in seasonal range which is just fine for my purposes.

CaliFaceDoc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I don’t think the OP is wrong necessarily. I have a 22 GTPE, my driving is almost exclusively commuting back and forth to work, each way is about 25 miles, 95% of which is freeway driving at 75 mph avg. At those speeds I average about 1.8-2.3 mi/kWH or so I think.

Right now I am 90 miles at49%, so 180 miles at 98%. I mean, I enjoy driving the car, but I’m not a “crazy” driver by any means, and most my driving is long stretch highway BC at or under 80 mph.

don’t get me wrong - I ordered a performance machine, and I received (and I LOVE) my performance machine. But 270 m at full charge does not equal my 180 miles at full charge on the GOM.

im not saying that there’s a “there” there, but maybe there is.
🤷‍♂️

E817D00B-7638-4EEB-922B-81AB396A8816.jpeg

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Just starting this adventure. Only 1,500 miles

Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient 1660912190404

[EDIT] I show 2.8 mi/kWh average for those miles.

Last edited:

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient Screenshot_20220819-075130_FordPass

Drive mine like I stole it. Climb 3000 feet in about 8 miles. 48 degrees out right now.

Ken Josing

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is anyone else having issues with deficient range at 100% charge?
Everybody is different and driving matters. I have the 2021 Premium ER 2WD. Never been out of Whisper Mode, not once. I've floored it a couple of times to see the results. One-Pedal all the way. Charged at home 90% and only been to EA three times, once a short test and twice on a trip. I've been very good with my battery. I keep the battery at 20-85%. For the naaa Sayers, I get over 305 as advertised by Ford. The results below!
Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient Mach-e GOM

Radman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT
Country flag
When I first drove my 22 GT off the lot at 100 percent charge, mileage indicated 245 miles. I have had the GT for 3 month and at 100 percent charge, my miles has increased to 275 mile fully charged.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E '22 Mach E GT — Range Deficient Mach-e GOM

Drive mine like I stole it. Climb 3000 feet in about 8 miles. 48 degrees out right now.
6 recalls? Maybe they do think you stole it, and they want it back ;)

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks. The 2021 was a Premium 4X and it drove perfectly from the start. Range was always within 260-270 at 100%. Perhaps it's the GT that is the difference but it is still rated the same as the non-GT for AWD range. Thank god for the safety package on the 2021 too. It definitely saved me.
Only thing that I didn't see mentioned on this thread is that Ford was a bit more conservative with the EPA range for the non-GTs than they were for the GTs. Meaning, Ford purposely put an EPA range that was below what they thought they were entitled with the Premiums. They did not do this with the GTs.

Since the GOM is adaptive, it probably picks up this difference over time. In other words, to generalize, I would guess that the average Premium is more likely to display EPA range at 100% charge than the average GT at 100% charge.
Sponsored