vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Got the update as well. Got a notification on my phone last night and update installed overnight. My car is a CA Route 1 built in May.
Sponsored

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Still waiting for the OTA update on a ‘22 premium in Canada.
Strange thing is, while I got a recall letter in the mail, my VIN shows no recalls at https://www.ford.ca/support/recalls/

Seems like a weird disconnect and I am wondering if that is consistent for others and if there is any correlation with that web form and receiving the update OTA?

thanks.
Same for me in Canada as well. Very confusing.

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
I needed to reenter the charging parameters. Also 1pedal driving had to be reiniated. My pony appears to be in its normal state of health!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks - looks like mine is tonight (Dec 2020 build) so I'll need to check settings before driving tomorrow.
Having had the 1.71 stuck forever issue, I'm keen to see this work tonight!

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I think the various symbols are shown in the owner's manual with a description of what they mean. I believe the check mark means the OTA installed successfully.

Here is how the process worked for my car. I leave Auto Update turned off because I want to schedule a time that is convenient to me vs just happening whenever. This particular update requires some down time which is a problem for me because I use my car round the clock. But since we are able to schedule the update, we can easily pick a time that is satisfactory and convenient. And for those that are concerned.....they could also make sure the vehicle is parked in a convenient spot just in case the update goes terribly wrong and the car is immobilized. (Although I have never heard of that actually happening to anyone.....yet).

So, when the update is ready, you will see an icon like this....if you touch the icon then some description appears. You can drag the text up to continue reading...
1659629792391.png

If the update sounds important enough and you want to continue then just go back up to the top and touch the "Accept" button. If you want to pass on the update then just close the window.

1659629913204.png

Then go about your business and use your vehicle as normal while it downloads the update in the background. When the package is ready to install, you will see a notification this.

1659630080240.png

Touching that icon brings up some important information. In this case, the car needs to be parked and left inoperable while the update installs. If you are ready now, then press "Update Now". If you need to still use your car then you have an option to schedule the update.

1659630191251.png

I chose to schedule the update so I got a screen for that.
1659630228248.png

The icon clears away and you are all good to go.

1659630272100.png

If something changes and you want to reschedule.....you get that opportunity here.

1659630316738.png

When your scheduled time is approaching, then you get a reminder. Looks like this.
1659630365147.png

If you touch the icon then you get more details...
1659630403812.png

This icon means the update installed correctly.
Some OTAs erase your stuff. This one erased my charging locations and schedules (including departure times.) It took about a day before it would allow me to re-program the locations.

1659630531066.png

1659630555879.png

All done!

1659630603162.png
OK, dumb question time. I have the update available and I clicked on Update Now. It told me to secure the vehicle. What it didn't say was "Shut off the vehicle". I left it on, walked away for a minute or so and came back. The screen was back to the screen offering the update. Hmm. So, I again clicked Update Now, shut off the car and walked away. I'll check in a while.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
My 2021 Job-1 Premium received the 22S41 update yesterday and it installed successfully last night.

I guess I now know for sure that the OTA fix installed at the dealership worked!

I plugged in the car this morning to charge and it still shuts down after 30 min or so, so I guess I still have to take it in to have that looked at.

Jim
That sounds like a EVSE problem, not a car problem. Like a thermo sensor in the plug or charging unit.

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
Installed via OTA this afternoon. 21 Premium.

We did lose our Charging config and departure times.

BK2EV

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Lucky me. With all the waiting, I again checked my update settings to find out I had set the hour and days I wanted, but never entered a minuet. Changed it to 00 and made my trip to the Dr's. Came home and went to check the car again and wala. Update loaded for tonight.
Oct 2020 Select AWD SR. Thought for sure I was going to be seeing a dealer.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
Alright, they're moving quick now. Mine got queued for tonight. I had 2.8.3 done on July 26th.

Oct. 21 build with Feb. 22 delivery, Premium EX AWD.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
OK, dumb question time. I have the update available and I clicked on Update Now. It told me to secure the vehicle. What it didn't say was "Shut off the vehicle". I left it on, walked away for a minute or so and came back. The screen was back to the screen offering the update. Hmm. So, I again clicked Update Now, shut off the car and walked away. I'll check in a while.
I imagine that "Secure the Vehicle" means to park it and stop using it. Lock the doors etc. There are a bunch of things that will prohibit the update from installing. Pressing the brake pedal, etc etc etc. There is giant list somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.....

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out 1659655818952

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Finally figured out how to get ota updates scheduled. I called my dealer this morning to schedule the recall, whatever is left of 21P22 and my one year service for August 23. The recall inevitably just got scheduled ota for tomorrow morning. The same thing happened with Bluecruise. The ota updates started immediately after I scheduled 21G01 with my dealer🙂. 21 Job 1 Non EA.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I turned off the car and left it alone in my driveway. About 15 minutes later I got a notification that the update was done (not 35 minutes). It helps if I leave my garage door up because then the car can connect to my wi-fi (metal doors block enough of the signal).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Finally figured out how to get ota updates scheduled. I called my dealer this morning to schedule the recall, whatever is left of 21P22 and my one year service for August 23. The recall inevitably just got scheduled ota for tomorrow morning. The same thing happened with Bluecruise. The ota updates started immediately after I scheduled 21G01 with my dealer🙂. 21 Job 1 Non EA.
I don't know if it really matters or not.....but see the list above. One of the requirements is the parking brake is set. If you park on level ground then your brake may not automatically set so it would be interesting to see what happens if you don't set that thing. Will it really prohibit the OTA or not? 🤔

(I always set my Parking brake so I am not a good test case...)

Bobcat17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Good news!

FYI from past updates, 1-pedal drive may be disabled after the OTA since the powertrain modules were updated, so your car may creep when put in gear and you release the brake. Your drive modes and charging locations may also be reset with the updates.
It seems like MME always reverts to non-1 pedal drive after updates.

jbooth

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit, Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That may be our first successful software update ever on the MME. 1 year and 13 days of ownership.
Sponsored