JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I don't know if it really matters or not.....but see the list above. One of the requirements is the parking brake is set. If you park on level ground then your brake may not automatically set so it would be interesting to see what happens if you don't set that thing. Will it really prohibit the OTA or not? 🤔

(I always set my Parking brake so I am not a good test case...)
I never manually set the parking brake, it does this automatically. In any case, I was on level ground and the update succeeded. I'll check 1pd when I get in next time.
Sponsored

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Mine is updating now!

EDIT: Update successful
Just got the update and didn't want to wait for it to install overnight. Success! Bonus that it happened during my wife driving 5 mins to the local store. We mostly commute locally (5-10, sometimes 15 minute trips) so glad it was a quick and easy download.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
sigh I took the update, so now my tire pressure doesn't show
Same here. Updated yesterday, no tire pressure showed all day today. I'm sure it will come back on its own in another day or so of driving.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I never manually set the parking brake, it does this automatically. In any case, I was on level ground and the update succeeded. I'll check 1pd when I get in next time.
Cool. My car is set to automatic but it only sets automatically when parking on an incline. And even then, it doesn't always activate. Was curious if that stuff in the WSM was accurate.
Apparently not. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just got the update and didn't want to wait for it to install overnight. Success! Bonus that it happened during my wife driving 5 mins to the local store. We mostly commute locally (5-10, sometimes 15 minute trips) so glad it was a quick and easy download.
It isn't supposed to install while the wife is driving. Should require the car to be parked and immobilized. You may have received some other OTA....

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I imagine that "Secure the Vehicle" means to park it and stop using it. Lock the doors etc. There are a bunch of things that will prohibit the update from installing. Pressing the brake pedal, etc etc etc. There is giant list somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.....

1659655818952.png
I don't know if it really matters or not.....but see the list above. One of the requirements is the parking brake is set. If you park on level ground then your brake may not automatically set so it would be interesting to see what happens if you don't set that thing. Will it really prohibit the OTA or not? 🤔

(I always set my Parking brake so I am not a good test case...)
I've had updates install with and without the parking brake. The list is most likely inaccurate.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
OK, dumb question time. I have the update available and I clicked on Update Now. It told me to secure the vehicle. What it didn't say was "Shut off the vehicle". I left it on, walked away for a minute or so and came back. The screen was back to the screen offering the update. Hmm. So, I again clicked Update Now, shut off the car and walked away. I'll check in a while.
Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of it, but the way I recall the messaging was along these lines:

I tapped Update Now.

A message appeared stating that the update will begin when I power off and exit the vehicle.

I do have some photos of what it looks like leading up to and during this type of update, not that these are useful right now. :) These are from Power-Up 2.4.4 from March:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out PXL_20220305_043745564

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out PXL_20220305_043849373

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out PXL_20220305_044138639

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Received my update notice on way out this afternoon. Manually started the install when I got home, then reset 1-PD and charge default from 100 to 90%. So much for the few locations I had in there.

Oh, been stuck on 2.7.4 since late June. Job 1 car. I hoped it was beginning of BC with the weekend approaching.

Ford, are you there, and listening... ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I've had updates install with and without the parking brake. The list is most likely inaccurate.
Someone at Ford had a sense of humor when they assembled the workshop manual. There is quite a bit of misinformation found in them there pages. Keeps the competition on their toes. :)

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I haven't received the safety recall update yet, but yesterday around 12:15pm, while I was driving, my main 15.5" screen rebooted. Then at 4:18pm, I noticed an "update successful" icon:
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out 1659700700348

I was hoping it had to do with the safety recall update. I touched the icon and it gave me the option to see details, but the detail statement was short and vague. I have no idea what it did!

I hope it got me closer to getting the safety recall update. Mine was built in late March '22.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
During updates with FDRS, the car often engages the parking brake automatically. I wouldn't be surprised if it does that during some OTA updates also if the car wants the parking brake to be on.

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
It isn't supposed to install while the wife is driving. Should require the car to be parked and immobilized. You may have received some other OTA....
Sorry, I meant to say the car "picked up" (i.e. downloaded) the update while my wife was doing a quick trip to the store. When she got back, I installed the update while the car was stationary in the garage. Afterwards, tested some WoTs to make sure everything works. It did! Will have to have the wife test the brake curve though, since I use 1PD.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Anyone get a Service vehicle soon after installing recently? (Just curious)!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Anyone get a Service vehicle soon after installing recently? (Just curious)!
Curious about this, as well, especially on the GTs. as that seemed to be happening more after they updated.
Sponsored