agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Anyone get a Service vehicle soon after installing recently? (Just curious)!
There have been at least a few and maybe several on this forum in various threads. Seems the threshold for reported failure is higher than just waiting for it to fail, assuming it ever would.
Sponsored

mattmarox

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
After this successful ota update my disconnected Ford charger had orange light on. I plugged car in and car wouldn’t charge. I unplugged from the car, then the wall, reconnected and it was blue and charged to 100% last night. This morning I was able to add a favorite charge location and preferred times back into FordPass with no issues. Anyone else see the orange fault light?
Also have been stuck at 2.7.2 since early June and hope now I am back in the queue.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Curious about this, as well, especially on the GTs. as that seemed to be happening more after they updated.
Not a single GT owner has reported getting the recall OTA'd yet in the Poll. Coincidence? Seems like they should be first in line.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Question , I had to check mark yesterday morning clicked on it brought me to update screen and stated no current updates.

I guess the question is how do you tell if you got the recall update?

I did go into ford website and it no longer states I need or have the recall.
So how do i tell?

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I had this weird check appear this morning as well with no context and no indications an update was actually applied. Like the others, clicking on the check just took me to the main software updates page and there were no details. Just said system was up to date. Nothing on FordPass, nothing in widget. I'm a '22, so no previous OTA's. Wonder if the others reporting this are also '22s.
Drove around a bit last night to try to get the OTA to pull down. Before I got out of the neighborhood, got the checkmark with no info when tapped. Drove ~20 miles/30 minutes through local roads including a downtown area, no recall OTA yet as of this morning.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I imagine that "Secure the Vehicle" means to park it and stop using it. Lock the doors etc. There are a bunch of things that will prohibit the update from installing. Pressing the brake pedal, etc etc etc. There is giant list somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.....

1659655818952.png
I've had updates install with and without the parking brake. The list is most likely inaccurate.
Someone at Ford had a sense of humor when they assembled the workshop manual. There is quite a bit of misinformation found in them there pages. Keeps the competition on their toes. :)
Greg, I read the service manual entry more closely and noticed that the list of conditions are more or less examples of the sorts of things that can prevent an update from installing. So I thought it was inaccurate this whole time (my vehicle doesn't have an engine, ignition, or 4x4), but I was just reading too much into it.

Keeping the competition on their toes is good, too. 😄

During updates with FDRS, the car often engages the parking brake automatically. I wouldn't be surprised if it does that during some OTA updates also if the car wants the parking brake to be on.
FDRS updates go through a largely different packaging, workflow, and communication path than OTA updates. But yes, I'm sure there are some details that will end up matching up here and there.

I see those as during-install actions though, whereas the quoted manual section is listing examples of preconditions that need to be met before installs begin.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread but I want to commend @Ford Motor Company on the improvements they made with this update for the regenerative braking and overall brake pedal feel.

I am noticing that my Mach-E doesn't have the annoying grinding sound and sudden grabbing of the brake pads when slowing down to a complete stop when using 1-pedal driving. I also noticed that going a complete stop back to driving at low speed also doesn't have the issue either. Everything seems smoother and this definitely makes the driving experience more enjoyable and improves the overall experience!

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Not a single GT owner has reported getting the recall OTA'd yet in the Poll. Coincidence? Seems like they should be first in line.
Now that’s interesting. I wonder why they would be holding it back for GTs. Maybe they’re seeing it flag the Service Vehicle Soon message immediately (like what we saw with the software flashers here) and are trying to figure out if they recall the GTs AGAIN but for hardware. Or…they limit power in a different way on the GTs 🤦🏻

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
I'm not sure if it was already mentioned in this thread but I want to commend @Ford Motor Company on the improvements they made with this update for the regenerative braking and overall brake pedal feel.

I am noticing that my Mach-E doesn't have the annoying grinding sound and sudden grabbing of the brake pads when slowing down to a complete stop when using 1-pedal driving. I also noticed that going a complete stop back to driving at low speed also doesn't have the issue either. Everything seems smoother and this definitely makes the driving experience more enjoyable and improves the overall experience!
That's great news, I was wondering if the brake changes affected regen/1PD - I'll check it out today.

Now if they could only turn on the frunk on Job 1 cars. And deal with the somewhat harsh ride.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Now that’s interesting. I wonder why they would be holding it back for GTs. Maybe they’re seeing it flag the Service Vehicle Soon message immediately (like what we saw with the software flashers here) and are trying to figure out if they recall the GTs AGAIN but for hardware. Or…they limit power in a different way on the GTs 🤦🏻
GT's were among the first to get Blue Cruise, and the last (if at all) to get everything else since. Just the way it is.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
It's a requirement to have Power-Up 2.8.3 in order to get the recall OTA. So that's likely the reason. I actually have the recall pending on my car. I just haven't installed it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out Screenshot_20220805-122339

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a requirement to have Power-Up 2.8.3 in order to get the recall OTA. So that's likely the reason. I actually have the recall pending on my car. I just haven't installed it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out Screenshot_20220805-122339
Interesting, so since my GT has 2.8.3 already I *should* be getting the recall OTA any day now, it seems.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Interesting, so since my GT has 2.8.3 already I *should* be getting the recall OTA any day now, it seems.
OTAs seemed to have been on a pause for a few weeks and from what I gather they have resumed. So yes, you should be getting it "soon".

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OTAs seemed to have been on a pause for a few weeks and from what I gather they have resumed. So yes, you should be getting it "soon".
Thanks. Looks like the OTAs have been really chugging along now for the last few days, nice to see.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Got notice in car for scheduled update tonight. Should be finished by 1:35 am. I will be checking Fordpass first thing tomorrow morning!
Sponsored