Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone get a Service vehicle soon after installing recently? (Just curious)!
Somebody posted on some thread that they got the OTA and shortly thereafter the illuminated wrench. Last day or two I think. Can’t recall which thread though.
Sponsored

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I haven't received the safety recall update yet, but yesterday around 12:15pm, while I was driving, my main 15.5" screen rebooted. Then at 4:18pm, I noticed an "update successful" icon:
1659700700348.png

I was hoping it had to do with the safety recall update. I touched the icon and it gave me the option to see details, but the detail statement was short and vague. I have no idea what it did!

I hope it got me closer to getting the safety recall update. Mine was built in late March '22.
And now today my 15.5" screen rebooted at 8:55am. Is this a sign of daily reboots to come?

HRT_Florida913

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received the recall fix OTA today. It told me it was scheduled for tonight, but I forced it to update it at home. It said step 3 of 3, might take 35 min, but it was successfully completed after 12 min.
Premium ER AWD, Mar 21. So obviously job 1, not on EA program.
Guess I got lucky. I got the Blue Cruise updates 2 months ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out Screenshot_20220805-180440_FordPass

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Drove around a bit last night to try to get the OTA to pull down. Before I got out of the neighborhood, got the checkmark with no info when tapped. Drove ~20 miles/30 minutes through local roads including a downtown area, no recall OTA yet as of this morning.
I haven't heard of any 22s getting the recall OTA yet but hopefully it is soon given all the progress on 21s

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Anyone get the OTA over the weekend? I know in the past Ford servers have been quirky re: weekends. I've been checking every day to see if I got the recall but I'm starting to think I should temper my expectations on the weekends.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Anyone get the OTA over the weekend? I know in the past Ford servers have been quirky re: weekends. I've been checking every day to see if I got the recall but I'm starting to think I should temper my expectations on the weekends.
As far as I remember, every OTA has occurred during the week. Never on weekends for me.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
That sounds like a EVSE problem, not a car problem. Like a thermo sensor in the plug or charging unit.
The Enel-X tech connected directly to the JuiceBox and said there is a definite signal from the car to shut down the charge cycles. And the car charge port and cable handle are very warm.

Kind of stuck in the middle. Will see what the Ford tech has to say....

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The Enel-X tech connected directly to the JuiceBox and said there is a definite signal from the car to shut down the charge cycles. And the car charge port and cable handle are very warm.

The hot cable and handle are a big clue. The car will shut down the charge if it detects a problem, so I would not assume there is a problem with the car. The car won't make the cable and handle warm, that points directly back to a wiring problem with the EVSE.

I suspect one of the phases isn't connected properly. Have an electrician check the wiring connections at the EVSE and breaker box. It is possible there is a problem with the connection to the car also, which could be the EVSE handle or the car's receptacle, but I think it is more likely the EVSE.

Feel the wires going in and out of the EVSE. If they are hot, it is possibly a dangerous situation and you should stop using that EVSE until it can be checked out.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Not a single GT owner has reported getting the recall OTA'd yet in the Poll. Coincidence? Seems like they should be first in line.
I gave up waiting and had my dealer install both 21P22 and 22S41 on Thursday. They also cleared the "Prema-AC" problem I had where the AC would switch off for a second when you turned it off, then back on. Not a real problem this time of year, but give it a couple of months here.

The service manager told me that these patches often brick the car and that they have to replace modules. When I let him know that my appointment was created by Ford and I would be happy to call them and open a case to assist the dealer, the whole tone changed.

I did discover that they have 2 Ford chargers in the lot and that these are available for use.

So far, now wrench symbol, no "service car soon" message, but I believe that this requires some extensive WOT testing to validate! :p

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Received the OTA on August 4th and drove about 350km since then with a mix of city and highway speed. I don’t drive the car really hard normally but I haven’t been holding back. Side note, I haven’t DCFC yet, will probably do that today.

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I received the OTA update this week, but when I check for recalls thru FordPass, it brings me to Fords website where it says the Recall is Incomplete.
Is there supposed to be another one coming, or do I need to take it in to the dealer?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out 40E05987-0654-4B0A-BB90-13CC25AAED15
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out 7603F204-E4C5-4C5D-9BAE-C3717FFC2D74
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out E02439D7-635B-493D-98F2-A863CBCA246F

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag

There is a sensor for temp in both the handle and the charge port. If it got hot, yes the car will suspend charging. That is normally caused by resistance of the electrical pin connections between the plug and car. Important to keep the plug clean and dry to prevent that. I can't even count how many small red spiders I've found in contacts over the years that caused similar problems with other electrical equipment. I don't think our cars are exempt.

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
My GT was built at the end of Jan 2022. I have been waiting for the OTA recall update - or any as I have never gotten an OTA update. I was excited tonight when I started the car I saw an update icon on the top of the screen. When I clicked it I was taken to the Update screen and it just says the typical "your vehicle is up to date". There was no indication that anything was updated. When I click the Recall icon in the the Ford Pass app it takes me to a web page that says Recall Incomplete.

Seems like it tried to install the update and failed? How do you all know what version of software you are on? Does it tell you the version when an update is successful?
Sponsored

Last edited: