Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
turn your headlamps off. Update will not run unless headlamps are OFF(no auto. - off)
If you leave them on auto. the headlamps will turn on and stay on and the OTA will not run. Let it sit and take a rest. Initiate it again and it works (remember your reverse braking shuts off and 1P turns off after the update. The reverse braking is on again after you drive it. You have to go in and switch 1P back on)
So I’m not the one you responded to but wonder if you have any insights…

- we had an update failed message for the recall and brakes one day, assume the car tried OTA though it was in the middle of the day
- Fordpass App said it’d try again asap but that was a few weeks ago
- App and online still shows recall notice
- In car the “Update Now” button is greyed out and below it it says the last update applied was the recall and brake update.
- Fordpass App on iPhone says the last update was 2.8.3 on July 26
- Fordpass App on iPad says the last update was 22-PU0601-SRV-RC on July 22
- force quit both apps but they still don’t show the same info
- just turned headlights off on the car (normally in auto mode) but the update now button is still greyed out and pressing on it indicates no updates requiring download.

So I have no clue if the recall is installed or not, the car, iPhone FordPass, and iPad FordPass all indicate something different. Online says the recall is still needed.

Called dealer to have them do it and they say they can’t see me until September and they’ll need the car for 2-3 days as they’ve seen some updates take that long in the past….although I know people here have reported the recall is only 30 minutes.

Any thoughts on aligning the apps/car/website with whatever version I actually have and/or get it to finally do the recall update?
Sponsored

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Where do you find the latest update in FordPass. The closest thing I can find in my app is:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out FFBAF564-951D-4D9D-BD52-CCF477612653

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
So I’m not the one you responded to but wonder if you have any insights…

- we had an update failed message for the recall and brakes one day, assume the car tried OTA though it was in the middle of the day
- Fordpass App said it’d try again asap but that was a few weeks ago
- App and online still shows recall notice
- In car the “Update Now” button is greyed out and below it it says the last update applied was the recall and brake update.
- Fordpass App on iPhone says the last update was 2.8.3 on July 26
- Fordpass App on iPad says the last update was 22-PU0601-SRV-RC on July 22
- force quit both apps but they still don’t show the same info
- just turned headlights off on the car (normally in auto mode) but the update now button is still greyed out and pressing on it indicates no updates requiring download.

So I have no clue if the recall is installed or not, the car, iPhone FordPass, and iPad FordPass all indicate something different. Online says the recall is still needed.

Called dealer to have them do it and they say they can’t see me until September and they’ll need the car for 2-3 days as they’ve seen some updates take that long in the past….although I know people here have reported the recall is only 30 minutes.

Any thoughts on aligning the apps/car/website with whatever version I actually have and/or get it to finally do the recall update?
Had it updated it should have shown up on your (car) display. It appears that it(the recall update) was installed, since your car says it was ("last update applied"). For it to install the car must be parked and off.
You may have missed the original conformation - it does not stay there very long.
However, system updates (car) page should list a description of of what was covered in the update. If you scroll down it should include 22S41/22V412. (mine is still there)
The FordPass and your Ford account are no help here. They do not show OTAs like this one. That is a tech. failure. They may clear eventually, but probably no time soon.
If you are still unsure, some dealerships may check it for you. Or better yet, there are members of this forum who can run your VIN and check it for you.

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If you are still unsure, some dealerships may check it for you. Or better yet, there are members of this forum who can run your VIN and check it for you.
Thanks, did just that. Mike here on the forums did run my VIN and looks like it hasn't been applied yet. I know it isn't as easy as everyone thinks but it'd be nice if owners could have on-demand "update now" buttons on available updates to avoid this waiting and wondering if you are stuck or not.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Thanks, did just that. Mike here on the forums did run my VIN and looks like it hasn't been applied yet. I know it isn't as easy as everyone thinks but it'd be nice if owners could have on-demand "update now" buttons on available updates to avoid this waiting and wondering if you are stuck or not.
Agreed
Unsure why the glitch at your end.
With all of the tech. failures with "Ford" software/technology it makes individual experiences unique and time consuming to correct the many mistakes.
Perhaps you could beg Ford and ask them to run a diagnostic.
Hope you get it resolved.

Brown1000

First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 MME GTPE
Country flag
My Job 2, July 2021 build GTPE received both OTA updates successfully today. Not in EA, my last update was 2.8.3 back on July 20

Last edited:

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Just received the message that the recall OTA is queued on my car. March 2022 build Premium RWD SR

thesloth

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
My updates appeared today and installed on a premium eAWD ER in Canada. This is after those 3 updates to 3.3.1 which didn’t seem to do anything other than add a few games and CarPlay seems to take longer to connect than before AFAICT.

One thing that seemed curious was that there was no mention of the brake pedal update.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 & 22S29 Recall OTA Software Are Out 1661392808731

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Got the OTA recall updates installed in the earliest of the morning. It is also cleared in Fordpass. Meaning, i don't have that triangle with exclamation on left corner or the app. But that was just a link to a website. How can i get to that website again? It was already linked to my car though.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Just got the recall today on my April 2022 build. I'm hoping that means most folks have gotten it now, since it seemed to be roughly getting to cars in the order they were manufactured.

One thing that seemed curious was that there was no mention of the brake pedal update.
Good point. Haven't driven yet to see if the brake feel has changed

Got the OTA recall updates installed in the earliest of the morning. It is also cleared in Fordpass. Meaning, i don't have that triangle with exclamation on left corner or the app. But that was just a link to a website. How can i get to that website again? It was already linked to my car though.
Yeah, I got my update just now and don't see that anymore, though it might've disappeared even before I got the update? When I check on ford.com under my VIN, it's still listed as incomplete. I understand that can take a few weeks.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The FordPass app tells me that OTAs were completed over night for 22S41 and 22S29. Unless it overwrote the files that @scoopman helped me update via FDRS, 22S41 did not occur OTA. 🤪🐩 regardless of that, at least the stupid alert that there is a pending recall is gone from the FP app. 😊🐩

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Uh Oh. Fordpass app no longer shows the red triangle message that i need the contactor update. However, it also does not state an updates was done. Nor does the Ford scriptable widget report any ota but one back in july—ford poer up 2.8.2, which is not clear i ever got it or was it stuck in queue and expired?!?!. The car also showed no OTA icon, nor states there was any update. What the Heck kind of lame software system is this!!?!?! If not for third party widget, i’d have no insight!?!?!

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Uh Oh. Fordpass app no longer shows the red triangle message that i need the contactor update. However, it also does not state an updates was done. Nor does the Ford scriptable widget report any ota but one back in july—ford poer up 2.8.2, which is not clear i ever got it or was it stuck in queue and expired?!?!. The car also showed no OTA icon, nor states there was any update. What the Heck kind of lame software system is this!!?!?! If not for third party widget, i’d have no insight!?!?!
How do you know that third party widget is giving you correct insight though?

I feel your pain, we have fordpass on 2 iPhones and 1 iPad and all three show different states of what was the last update applied, none match what the website indicates regarding the update nor do any of those match what the car says in Car icon > Settings > Software Updates (or does it say Service updates?).

Sort of like the old joke if you have 2 clocks you never know what time it is…. I have 5 different sources and 5 different indicators of the last update are all different. 6 if you go by an FDRS readout showing what modules still need to be updated in our car.

Even if I tried the widget not sure how to trust it over all else.

I’ve now called 3 dealerships trying to get our car in for the recall to be updated, all 3 want the car for 2-3 days to do so even though I indicate it is a half an hour update. I get the “well we have seen sometimes it takes longer”…

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My FordPass indicator also went away, but no indication of the update. Last week I got 3.1.1, 3.2.1, and 3.3.1. others who were built with my MME got 22S41 a week later. My car still shows the 3.3.1 results from 8/16. Fingers crossed! 🤞🤞🤞

lolstebbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius v
Country flag
Just got the recall today on my April 2022 build. I'm hoping that means most folks have gotten it now, since it seemed to be roughly getting to cars in the order they were manufactured.
I have a March 2022 build but as far as I'm aware I haven't received it yet. FordPass stopped showing the red triangle and says the last update was 3.3.1, though, so I'm definitely confused.
Sponsored