Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I told you they'd need to drop the motor to replace the pump a month ago in post #247. I guess your dealer is really slow at diagnostics...
The car is still at the dealer for repair. Going on week 6 here… Do you by chance happen to have pages from the service manual that show everything involved in replacing the pump?
Sponsored

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
It all just seems so hap hazard. Why can't there be a Ford pass site where you put in your VIN and get real time accurate data? Then like a PC it will give you an option to install with the necessary parameters i.e. full battery etc. This is all crazy. Does Tesla owners go through the same thing?
Tesla's are much more streamlined like iphones.. Updates do not change any of your settings. You get notified that an update is available and gives you the option to update now or schedule a time to update. Super simple. I think they also keep all their cars on the same version of software.

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
So how can I check to see if the recall OTA update was applied to my ME? When I go on Fordpass it still says the recall is open.

jambas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Lotus Elise, 2013 Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Looking for some advice as I haven't gotten the OTA update yet.

Called Ford's OTA team and they informed me I have a "Update Retry Pending" status, and that the update failed. They can't manually push the update out to me, and basically just said to not set the update schedule to 12:00AM, and keep it on wifi.

Is there anything else I can do here? Any other factors that could block the update? Anyone else in the same situation? Would hate to go to the dealer because mine is super backed up for weeks.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

Called Ford's OTA team and they informed me I have a "Update Retry Pending" status, and that the update failed. They can't manually push the update out to me, and basically just said to not set the update schedule to 12:00AM, and keep it on wifi.

Is there anything else I can do here? Any other factors that could block the update? Anyone else in the same situation? Would hate to go to the dealer because mine is super backed up for weeks.
When I called, they also said to turn the headlight switch to off, not auto.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
When I called, they also said to turn the headlight switch to off, not auto.
Maybe this helps ensure the bug that causes the headlights to turn on randomly while the car is parked doesn't happen? Unless, even on off, they still randomly turn on? @Mach-Lee might know. If they CAN'T turn on while on off via the bug, then this would just help ensure your 12v stays at the proper charge level (even though it should get topped off by the HVB when it detects it dropping below a certain point).

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Maybe this helps ensure the bug that causes the headlights to turn on randomly while the car is parked doesn't happen? Unless, even on off, they still randomly turn on? @Mach-Lee might know. If they CAN'T turn on while on off via the bug, then this would just help ensure your 12v stays at the proper charge level (even though it should get topped off by the HVB when it detects it dropping below a certain point).
Turning the switch to off resets the timer that causes the bug. The headlights reset to auto the next time you start the car. Manually turning the switch to off like once a week might be a workaround until the switches can be replaced.

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag

Hi, I was in the same boat as you. I waited and waited. A few weeks back I finally made an appt with my Ford dealership. I figured if the OTA update came in first I would just cancel. Well it didn't. I asked my dealership if I could watch them do the update and they let me. It took about 30 minutes. They just plug a laptop into the car and it updated all the modules. They did it in a bay but said they could have done it outside in the lot. All they need is a Wifi signal. Very easy!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, I was in the same boat as you. I waited and waited. A few weeks back I finally made an appt with my Ford dealership. I figured if the OTA update came in first I would just cancel. Well it didn't. I asked my dealership if I could watch them do the update and they let me. It took about 30 minutes. They just plug a laptop into the car and it updated all the modules. They did it in a bay but said they could have done it outside in the lot. All they need is a Wifi signal. Very easy!
They’re supposed to hook the 12v battery up to a power supply when doing updates.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I experienced the headlight switch bug this morning. When the car bitched at me, the LED for “Auto” was still on. Rotate switch, close door, all is fine. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They didn't do that but I knew much more than they did. It was the first update they had ever done
Maybe on a Mach-E, but they’ve certainly updated other cars using the same method. It even prompts you before an update starts to ensure the battery is connected to a power supply.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
My FordPass recall indicator went away exactly two weeks after the OTA installed.

However, the Ford Web Site shows that the recall action is "incomplete". Hmm.
And just like that, the recall indicator went away again. Probably just another glitch in the system.

Djynn81

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Occupation
Medical
Country flag
Any one getting this update recently. I have 22 bought in March still pending this recall. It stated starting mid July. But I’m
Still in recall list and haven’t seen update

Lockesmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Still waiting as well. Twice now I've noticed that my automatic updates setting had been switched off. I am not sure how that has happened. But I keep turning it back on and hoping to see this update come through.
Sponsored