2500 Mile Thoughts 2022 MME GT ER Battery

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Hi,

I live in the mountains of Northern New Hampshire but took the plunge and was able to find a MME coming into a dealer in Maine last winter. Took ownership in Mid March, right at the end of snow and cold season.

This car has exceeded all my expectations. Amazing vehicle. I'm sorry for the people that now have to wait for this battery problem recall. I have had no problems. This frickin car is so fast that if I floored the car for 5 full seconds I would be well over 60mph so I doubt my battery ever gets super hot unless I decided to take it up the Mt Washington auto road or something. We are in a very cool climate too. I hope I don't ever have problems with this car as I have one of the few MME in this part of the state. I doubt the local Ford dealership has any experience with one. I have only used a fast charger once, there is only one within 50 miles except for the new ones at the Outlets 30 miles south of me. (See below) NH is a fast charger wasteland unless you own a Tesla.

There are so many little features in this car that I am still seeing things I have not noticed. If I have to really nitpick these are the things that I would like to see changed.

The ride is a little too firm. You definitely feel bumps, especially on the many dirt roads in NNEngland. (but I understand this is a sportscar).
The seats are a bit too firm for my liking. (but again I understand this is a sportscar). I bought seat gel pads to match my black interior seating. They really make the car ride more comfortable.
The 2 pull frunk. Argghhh. Lots of people have commented on that
The infotainment layout could be improved. Especially changing climate control settings.

These are all small annoyances. Really small compared the the full car experience. By the way Blue Cruise works pretty good. As long as my eyes are on the road it will stay activated on the Interstate. If there are too many curves it will temporarily go off. I drove 11 miles on the highway the other day without touching steering, gas or brakes. On secondary roads with lines it also works but you have to keep one hand lightly on the steering wheel or it will prompt you. Blue Cruise is great but in the long run it can make you lazy as the car does most everything for you. I would assume if you started nodding off it would sense your eyes are closed and disengage. I will have to experiment with that when I have a passenger with me that is paying attention!

The one thing that I can not get to work is the rear hatch kick thing. I would rarely use it but I have read the manuals and for the life of me it will not work. My car is fully loaded so I must have the feature.

As a side note, we have a large Outlet Mall about 30 miles south of me. Just off I 93. They just put in 12 fast chargers by a company called Volta. Free fast charging for 30 minutes. The idea is that while you wait you shop. 30 minutes is a lot of free mileage. Wonder how this will all play out? Here is a picture of my MME at one of the new chargers, they also will play ads on the large screens. If you are in New Hampshire and see my "EPONY" plate give me a honk

Happy Driving

Volta.jpg

Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Huge thread about the firm suspension and bounciness. 2022's no longer have the kick to open tailgate, just a power tailgate. If you have an earlier 2022, you may still have the chip and can enable it using FORScan. There is thread here on it, if you're so inclined to give it a shot.

Enjoy your pony!

OP
OP

Gene Bank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT
Country flag
Huge thread about the firm suspension and bounciness. 2022's no longer have the kick to open tailgate, just a power tailgate. If you have an earlier 2022, you may still have the chip and can enable it using FORScan. There is thread here on it, if you're so inclined to give it a shot.

Enjoy your pony!
Thank you Neil. I knew there are lots of comments about the suspension but I didn't know my 2022 didn't have the chip to open the tailgate. Now I will not spend anymore time trying to figure that out. These forums are an amazing place to learn new things!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thank you Neil. I knew there are lots of comments about the suspension but I didn't know my 2022 didn't have the chip to open the tailgate. Now I will not spend anymore time trying to figure that out. These forums are an amazing place to learn new things!
Give this a gander, isn't too hard or costly to see if you can activate it. Most early 2022s shipped with the chip! If you got it in mid-March, I'd wager you have the chip and it is just turned off.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ands-free-liftgate-back-to-2022-mach-e.16407/

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I test drove an IX yesterday, and i kept telling myself it was way too freaken soft. Jumpe back in my gtpe after, and it just felt good.

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
Hi,

I live in the mountains of Northern New Hampshire but took the plunge and was able to find a MME coming into a dealer in Maine last winter. Took ownership in Mid March, right at the end of snow and cold season.

This car has exceeded all my expectations. Amazing vehicle. I'm sorry for the people that now have to wait for this battery problem recall. I have had no problems. This frickin car is so fast that if I floored the car for 5 full seconds I would be well over 60mph so I doubt my battery ever gets super hot unless I decided to take it up the Mt Washington auto road or something. We are in a very cool climate too. I hope I don't ever have problems with this car as I have one of the few MME in this part of the state. I doubt the local Ford dealership has any experience with one. I have only used a fast charger once, there is only one within 50 miles except for the new ones at the Outlets 30 miles south of me. (See below) NH is a fast charger wasteland unless you own a Tesla.

There are so many little features in this car that I am still seeing things I have not noticed. If I have to really nitpick these are the things that I would like to see changed.

The ride is a little too firm. You definitely feel bumps, especially on the many dirt roads in NNEngland. (but I understand this is a sportscar).
The seats are a bit too firm for my liking. (but again I understand this is a sportscar). I bought seat gel pads to match my black interior seating. They really make the car ride more comfortable.
The 2 pull frunk. Argghhh. Lots of people have commented on that
The infotainment layout could be improved. Especially changing climate control settings.

These are all small annoyances. Really small compared the the full car experience. By the way Blue Cruise works pretty good. As long as my eyes are on the road it will stay activated on the Interstate. If there are too many curves it will temporarily go off. I drove 11 miles on the highway the other day without touching steering, gas or brakes. On secondary roads with lines it also works but you have to keep one hand lightly on the steering wheel or it will prompt you. Blue Cruise is great but in the long run it can make you lazy as the car does most everything for you. I would assume if you started nodding off it would sense your eyes are closed and disengage. I will have to experiment with that when I have a passenger with me that is paying attention!

The one thing that I can not get to work is the rear hatch kick thing. I would rarely use it but I have read the manuals and for the life of me it will not work. My car is fully loaded so I must have the feature.

As a side note, we have a large Outlet Mall about 30 miles south of me. Just off I 93. They just put in 12 fast chargers by a company called Volta. Free fast charging for 30 minutes. The idea is that while you wait you shop. 30 minutes is a lot of free mileage. Wonder how this will all play out? Here is a picture of my MME at one of the new chargers, they also will play ads on the large screens. If you are in New Hampshire and see my "EPONY" plate give me a honk

Happy Driving

Ford Mustang Mach-E 2500 Mile Thoughts  2022 MME GT ER Battery Volta
I like the positive feedback... I keep trying to tell everyone to enjoy the car... there was so much negative feedback on the rear gate "foot sensor" .... I think they just removed it... easier that watching all the "you tube" videos... a bit comical. I mentioned the "double pull" on the hood release...BMW has been doing it for years... it's too dangerous to have a button for the hood opening... I know it's a frunk... but, it's still a hood and could open unsafely... break the windshield and the glass roof ... and you can't see where you're going... if it happened. My GT PE is a thrill to drive... just my 2 cents ....

29706149-8d91-48c7-b5f0-782a0ff9dc6f.jpg
Sponsored