JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
26,068 commute miles: 1 Year

Ford Mustang Mach-E 26,068 Commute Miles: 1 Year Overview & Owner's Review 6DC63736-0D5A-411C-99E2-A308157574A5

Short take-Commuting in any thing other than a BEV is fuelish. Zero operational issues w/fob.. PAAK getting better. A warranty windshield reseal and followed by rock-broken windshield replacement were uneventful. OTA is seamless, and the recent recall update was no issue when I took the Mach E in for 20K service.

Dark side-PAAK isnā€™t foolproof. Iā€™ve reinstalled it 3x in a year. Fob is very reliable. If PAAK is the future and well.. the future.. is likeā€¦ ā€œitā€™s complicatedā€. Iā€™m reserving judgement till major update in ā€œfallā€. I do travel with the fob in a Faraday bag.

My round trip 90 mile a day commute is on winding 2 lane blacktop . Average 3.5 Mi/KWh in a year and likely related to an average speed of 49 mph with 25, 30, 35, 50, and 55 mph zones. I drive slower in the dark winter months and slightly faster in the sunny summer. Typically average 93%-98% energy to driving late spring through early fall. The rest of the time Iā€™m at 87-90% driving due to cold/wet. Odd fact; the recent update said my Mi/KWh averaged 4.1 mi/KWh across all three trip modes (representing long term, seasonal, daily info) which is one of those goofy update consequences.

Iā€™m also a psycho hyper miler who preconditions, wears a winter puffer jacket and knows the difference between cabin air & e-heat and fan manipulation for dealing with window defrosting v. cabin heat.. Charge at home to 85%-95% (summer v. winter). Rarely charge to 100% (unless longer trip). My typical summer 85% charge mileage estimate is 199-204 miles.
Weā€™re net saving ~$5,000 per year v. gas. A BEV is the only way to go for my type of commuting. Mild maritime climate w/slower speed roads in my favor. Might be different in the U.P. or Maine, or open spaces east and north and cold, etc.

The SR MME AWD is quiet, efficient, dependable (PAAK aside) comfortable. Definitely a utility vehicle that can pack 4-5 + some gear.

If you think the ride is bouncy you live in an area where your city/county/state built a shifty road base and paves over it only to render a sunken grade & frost heaved roads.

The ride is the same as the Edge Sport and better than a solid axle GT šŸ˜‚! I know thatā€™s unfair but Iā€™ve had three solid axle GTā€™s and theyā€™d hoped sideways on bridge expansion joints, pavement patches. Etc.

Our other vehicle: A twin turbo Flex, a total sleeper cruiser. The S.O. drives it occasionally and once in a blue moon I do. Egad, the Flex shakes and jiggles in a wonderful old school vibe and power to spare attitude. But 20-23mpg is gas hog territory nowadays. Unparalleled for hauling 5 and all their luggage on a road trip.
Suffice to say, I really like our MME AWD SR Select. Serenely quiet. Efficient. Looks good. Fits our needs better than anticipated. We accidentally came across it while at the dealer wondering what to do with an Edge Sport that lunched itā€™s transmission. The Mach E had been on the lot 2 weeks so we took it for a spin.

What I really like-
  • Efficiency-fuel savings
  • Fit and finish
  • Power & AWD
  • 5 door, seats 5, & really hauls ass
  • Refined quality feel & outstanding good looks
  • Unbridled has a good vibe though I use 1 pedal with propulsion sound OFF.
  • Handling is dang good.
  • Throttle modulation excellent. I can walk into a tight curve and easily work the throttle against the G meters sensing cornering force.

What I stopped using:
  1. Intelligent Cruise-Lane Centering - our roads are too winding w/dull centerline/fog line stripes that really FU IC. Then an update-ā€œdisappeared ā€œIntelligent Cruiseā€.
  2. Rain sensing wipes- Nice idea but go whacko in a heavy mist. Rains too much at light mists for relying on them.
  3. Unbridled V. Whisper Mode- Sometimes I just like to chill out so Whisper is normally used but on certain roads at higher speeds (freeways) I like the tighter steering feel of engaged-unbridled. I eventually stayed in unbridled w/propulsion sound off. Whisper with one-pedal off best for snow and ice.

On the bubble-

1. Car play is more seamless on texting, music, audio, but itā€™s engagement is like having an old school LP or CD skip. Very annoying. And clearly messes up with Google map on. Recent update improve it butā€¦ Not holding my breath.
  2. Auto dimming of headlights- a bit too sensitive w/twilight morning and dusk.
  3. Calm Screen- Iā€™d prefer total blackout as I really need night vision for spotting elk & deer.

Minor annoyances

-Narrow footwell/center console protruding into my right foot space.

-inconsistent lighting on switches. Everything is switch lit but blue overheads.. whose reflection I see in the rear window at night.

-Inability to dim screens to a real low level. I do a lot of night driving and night vision is super important over everything else.

-frequently clean sensors as road grime can really block them quickly. Keep glass clean in front of camera too.

Weather below 45 degrees really impacts range but once it hits, 49-50, range really picks up and then 58+ it gets me back in 3.9+. However headwinds can set that back to 3.7.

Range anxiety? -Nope. Even the occasional 150 mi winter round trip doesnā€™t bother me as I can stretch the battery range by judicious heat use.

Charge at home?- Daily except weekends. If I was retired the S.O. and I would put really low mileage on it. I also use cabin precondition in winter.

Trips greater than say 120 one-way miles? Couple times a year. DCFC fine even with an average of say 75%+ working until a couple months ago when 100% were working. DCFC is adequate. The one hassle are overnight road trips where you really need 100% to make the next day jump to a town 150-180 miles away and.. only 100% gives you the edge. Some hotels are putting in L2ā€™s and thatā€™s good. Our farthest trip was to Great Falls MT from the coast. No issues charging at EA. Trips to the I5 corridor.. no issues charging at EA.

Handling-Sweet. Our EcoBoost Flex is a smoother ride w/longer wheelbase but what a difference in a much tighter feel in the MME.
Power?-Very nice, plenty for how I use it.

Lighting? The headlights are good

Trunk & Frunk. No issues. Iā€™m fully capable of lifting the lids and the dual front latch isnā€™t a bother. I use the front for washer fluid, flares, flashlights, emergency beacon, etc. I pulled dividers out.

12V battery? Never a problem and likely due to mild weather and regular charging. I monitor it with a Innova 3721. Iā€™ll probably swap it out every 3-4 years.

OTA? Updates are flawless. Never had an issue. Never. Gets updates in the garage and at work on wireless connections through wireless extenders.
Fit & Finnish? Iā€™m pretty hard on cars with respect to the annual miles, road wear. The MME is relatively easy to wash quickly save the wheels and roof overhang on the rear window. I inspected for road chips, etc. nothing unusual. Rocks-gravels are common where I drive.
Tires?- Iā€™m ok with their narrow profile. I roll at near 50 psi except winter at 38 psi. Curious to see if I get 50,000+ out of them. I donā€™t corner hard, brake hard. Not holding my breath on 50K though.
Hyper-miling. Iā€™ve hypermiled every vehicle Iā€™ve owned. Accel slowly, build speed downhill, bleed slightly uphill. Always easy on the go pedal & brake/regen. Most of all I drive easy in the winter slightly faster in spring/summer/fall and hence the decent MPGE. Iā€™m averaging 3.5 mi/KWh in a year and 4.1 summer, 3.3 winter and Iā€™m pretty happy. That 118 MPGE compares 5X better to the 20-23 mpg from Flex.
Ford Dealer? The dealerā€™s 17 miles away and weā€™ve had zero issues with their service including the window reseal. Our salesman John is very good.
Heat-defog/defrost. Our mild coastal weather gives us December/January/February days of freezing cold morning weather, mostly at nights-mornings. Lots of wind and rain. Biggest problem is window fogging. I can average 3.1-3.5 mi/KWh if I keep cabin heat at 65-68 at level 1 (Not Auto).

Odd things-

-Wiper rubber a bit stiff & chatters when temps drop.

-Intelligent Cruise disappeared from menu. Ok, it wasnā€™t THAT smart. And Iā€™d stopped using it months earlier.

-OTA updates balanced mileage & heat & percent to route better but still takes about 3-4 miles before energy use stabilizes.

-If you start with heat on, the range calcs will be very conservative (low). Wait a few minutes as you drive down the road before turning on heat.

-Squeaks & rattles: Still havenā€™t noticed any.
-PAAK/FOB/etc. The S.O. and I easily committed the door & start codes to memory Fob in a Faraday bag. So thatā€™s the backup plan. In real life Iā€™ve never been PAAK stranded. Never. Three close calls but overall.. never. The close calls related to :
1-Locking the iPhone in the car.. accessed with my IWatch!

2-IPhone went dead. Found a student with a charger!

3-Got hasty & impatient walking up to the car and unlocked it as it auto unlocked. What followed was 5 minutes of startup confusion that unlocked the car, went into startup, tried to start when it asked for pass code, but set the alarm off when I hit start again when I didnā€™t enter the start passcode. I finally turned the car off with PAAK, opened the door, then it went into start up immediately when I shut the door and ran fine afterwards. I had the hidden FOB as backup. Point being.. you can hit buttons too quickly between PAAK and Start and that can confuse the software. It likes slow methodical button pushing. Iā€™ve never had a problem when I used PAAK to unlock/and or start the car. Iā€™ve accidentally turned the alarm on 3 times with PAAK.
PAAK features such as ā€œJourneysā€ are a waste of time and w/o access to energy use data Iā€™d have to think real hard about buying a PAAK subscription in the future. PAAK features are nice but not compelling.
Deep Sleep is a bit unpredictable and can mess with charge settings. Takes patience to wake up the MME
Conclusion-If this is the beginning of the future then whatā€™s to come will continue to be awesome. A very good vehicle that perfectly fits our lifestyle with a modest Mustang vibe. I test drove a Lightning.. Whoa!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
and knows the difference between cabin air & e-heat and fan manipulation for dealing with window defrosting v. cabin heat..

Can you elaborate on this? I haven't had to deal with winter yet so these tips would help. Very nice thorough one year review.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
and knows the difference between cabin air & e-heat and fan manipulation for dealing with window defrosting v. cabin heat..

Can you elaborate on this? I haven't had to deal with winter yet so these tips would help. Very nice thorough one year review.
If you want to defog the windshield you can put unheated air on it at say fan setting ā€œ1ā€ and use the windshield icon. At 50 degrees and 90% humidity I get a foggy window just in simple changes in outside air. Using e-heat turns on the high wattage heater and uses more power and typically 14%-18% in an hour. Not using e-heat can easily save 10% though turning it on and off can do the same thing, just means physically turning the fan on and off when it is in the e-heat setting. Iā€™ve also used that method in colder weather. Then Iā€™ll forget and notice energy use has spike to 8%. Sub 40 and Iā€™m using e-heat more frequently.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
26,068 commute miles: 1 Year

Ford Mustang Mach-E 26,068 Commute Miles: 1 Year Overview & Owner's Review 6DC63736-0D5A-411C-99E2-A308157574A5

Short take-Commuting in any thing other than a BEV is fuelish. Zero operational issues w/fob.. PAAK getting better. A warranty windshield reseal and followed by rock-broken windshield replacement were uneventful. OTA is seamless, and the recent recall update was no issue when I took the Mach E in for 20K service.

Dark side-PAAK isnā€™t foolproof. Iā€™ve reinstalled it 3x in a year. Fob is very reliable. If PAAK is the future and well.. the future.. is likeā€¦ ā€œitā€™s complicatedā€. Iā€™m reserving judgement till major update in ā€œfallā€. I do travel with the fob in a Faraday bag.

My round trip 90 mile a day commute is on winding 2 lane blacktop . Average 3.5 Mi/KWh in a year and likely related to an average speed of 49 mph with 25, 30, 35, 50, and 55 mph zones. I drive slower in the dark winter months and slightly faster in the sunny summer. Typically average 93%-98% energy to driving late spring through early fall. The rest of the time Iā€™m at 87-90% driving due to cold/wet. Odd fact; the recent update said my Mi/KWh averaged 4.1 mi/KWh across all three trip modes (representing long term, seasonal, daily info) which is one of those goofy update consequences.

Iā€™m also a psycho hyper miler who preconditions, wears a winter puffer jacket and knows the difference between cabin air & e-heat and fan manipulation for dealing with window defrosting v. cabin heat.. Charge at home to 85%-95% (summer v. winter). Rarely charge to 100% (unless longer trip). My typical summer 85% charge mileage estimate is 199-204 miles.
Weā€™re net saving ~$5,000 per year v. gas. A BEV is the only way to go for my type of commuting. Mild maritime climate w/slower speed roads in my favor. Might be different in the U.P. or Maine, or open spaces east and north and cold, etc.

The SR MME AWD is quiet, efficient, dependable (PAAK aside) comfortable. Definitely a utility vehicle that can pack 4-5 + some gear.

If you think the ride is bouncy you live in an area where your city/county/state built a shifty road base and paves over it only to render a sunken grade & frost heaved roads.

The ride is the same as the Edge Sport and better than a solid axle GT šŸ˜‚! I know thatā€™s unfair but Iā€™ve had three solid axle GTā€™s and theyā€™d hoped sideways on bridge expansion joints, pavement patches. Etc.

Our other vehicle: A twin turbo Flex, a total sleeper cruiser. The S.O. drives it occasionally and once in a blue moon I do. Egad, the Flex shakes and jiggles in a wonderful old school vibe and power to spare attitude. But 20-23mpg is gas hog territory nowadays. Unparalleled for hauling 5 and all their luggage on a road trip.
Suffice to say, I really like our MME AWD SR Select. Serenely quiet. Efficient. Looks good. Fits our needs better than anticipated. We accidentally came across it while at the dealer wondering what to do with an Edge Sport that lunched itā€™s transmission. The Mach E had been on the lot 2 weeks so we took it for a spin.

What I really like-
  • Efficiency-fuel savings
  • Fit and finish
  • Power & AWD
  • 5 door, seats 5, & really hauls ass
  • Refined quality feel & outstanding good looks
  • Unbridled has a good vibe though I use 1 pedal with propulsion sound OFF.
  • Handling is dang good.
  • Throttle modulation excellent. I can walk into a tight curve and easily work the throttle against the G meters sensing cornering force.

What I stopped using:
  1. Intelligent Cruise-Lane Centering - our roads are too winding w/dull centerline/fog line stripes that really FU IC. Then an update-ā€œdisappeared ā€œIntelligent Cruiseā€.
  2. Rain sensing wipes- Nice idea but go whacko in a heavy mist. Rains too much at light mists for relying on them.
  3. Unbridled V. Whisper Mode- Sometimes I just like to chill out so Whisper is normally used but on certain roads at higher speeds (freeways) I like the tighter steering feel of engaged-unbridled. I eventually stayed in unbridled w/propulsion sound off. Whisper with one-pedal off best for snow and ice.

On the bubble-

1. Car play is more seamless on texting, music, audio, but itā€™s engagement is like having an old school LP or CD skip. Very annoying. And clearly messes up with Google map on. Recent update improve it butā€¦ Not holding my breath.
  2. Auto dimming of headlights- a bit too sensitive w/twilight morning and dusk.
  3. Calm Screen- Iā€™d prefer total blackout as I really need night vision for spotting elk & deer.

Minor annoyances

-Narrow footwell/center console protruding into my right foot space.

-inconsistent lighting on switches. Everything is switch lit but blue overheads.. whose reflection I see in the rear window at night.

-Inability to dim screens to a real low level. I do a lot of night driving and night vision is super important over everything else.

-frequently clean sensors as road grime can really block them quickly. Keep glass clean in front of camera too.

Weather below 45 degrees really impacts range but once it hits, 49-50, range really picks up and then 58+ it gets me back in 3.9+. However headwinds can set that back to 3.7.

Range anxiety? -Nope. Even the occasional 150 mi winter round trip doesnā€™t bother me as I can stretch the battery range by judicious heat use.

Charge at home?- Daily except weekends. If I was retired the S.O. and I would put really low mileage on it. I also use cabin precondition in winter.

Trips greater than say 120 one-way miles? Couple times a year. DCFC fine even with an average of say 75%+ working until a couple months ago when 100% were working. DCFC is adequate. The one hassle are overnight road trips where you really need 100% to make the next day jump to a town 150-180 miles away and.. only 100% gives you the edge. Some hotels are putting in L2ā€™s and thatā€™s good. Our farthest trip was to Great Falls MT from the coast. No issues charging at EA. Trips to the I5 corridor.. no issues charging at EA.

Handling-Sweet. Our EcoBoost Flex is a smoother ride w/longer wheelbase but what a difference in a much tighter feel in the MME.
Power?-Very nice, plenty for how I use it.

Lighting? The headlights are good

Trunk & Frunk. No issues. Iā€™m fully capable of lifting the lids and the dual front latch isnā€™t a bother. I use the front for washer fluid, flares, flashlights, emergency beacon, etc. I pulled dividers out.

12V battery? Never a problem and likely due to mild weather and regular charging. I monitor it with a Innova 3721. Iā€™ll probably swap it out every 3-4 years.

OTA? Updates are flawless. Never had an issue. Never. Gets updates in the garage and at work on wireless connections through wireless extenders.
Fit & Finnish? Iā€™m pretty hard on cars with respect to the annual miles, road wear. The MME is relatively easy to wash quickly save the wheels and roof overhang on the rear window. I inspected for road chips, etc. nothing unusual. Rocks-gravels are common where I drive.
Tires?- Iā€™m ok with their narrow profile. I roll at near 50 psi except winter at 38 psi. Curious to see if I get 50,000+ out of them. I donā€™t corner hard, brake hard. Not holding my breath on 50K though.
Hyper-miling. Iā€™ve hypermiled every vehicle Iā€™ve owned. Accel slowly, build speed downhill, bleed slightly uphill. Always easy on the go pedal & brake/regen. Most of all I drive easy in the winter slightly faster in spring/summer/fall and hence the decent MPGE. Iā€™m averaging 3.5 mi/KWh in a year and 4.1 summer, 3.3 winter and Iā€™m pretty happy. That 118 MPGE compares 5X better to the 20-23 mpg from Flex.
Ford Dealer? The dealerā€™s 17 miles away and weā€™ve had zero issues with their service including the window reseal. Our salesman John is very good.
Heat-defog/defrost. Our mild coastal weather gives us December/January/February days of freezing cold morning weather, mostly at nights-mornings. Lots of wind and rain. Biggest problem is window fogging. I can average 3.1-3.5 mi/KWh if I keep cabin heat at 65-68 at level 1 (Not Auto).

Odd things-

-Wiper rubber a bit stiff & chatters when temps drop.

-Intelligent Cruise disappeared from menu. Ok, it wasnā€™t THAT smart. And Iā€™d stopped using it months earlier.

-OTA updates balanced mileage & heat & percent to route better but still takes about 3-4 miles before energy use stabilizes.

-If you start with heat on, the range calcs will be very conservative (low). Wait a few minutes as you drive down the road before turning on heat.

-Squeaks & rattles: Still havenā€™t noticed any.
-PAAK/FOB/etc. The S.O. and I easily committed the door & start codes to memory Fob in a Faraday bag. So thatā€™s the backup plan. In real life Iā€™ve never been PAAK stranded. Never. Three close calls but overall.. never. The close calls related to :
1-Locking the iPhone in the car.. accessed with my IWatch!

2-IPhone went dead. Found a student with a charger!

3-Got hasty & impatient walking up to the car and unlocked it as it auto unlocked. What followed was 5 minutes of startup confusion that unlocked the car, went into startup, tried to start when it asked for pass code, but set the alarm off when I hit start again when I didnā€™t enter the start passcode. I finally turned the car off with PAAK, opened the door, then it went into start up immediately when I shut the door and ran fine afterwards. I had the hidden FOB as backup. Point being.. you can hit buttons too quickly between PAAK and Start and that can confuse the software. It likes slow methodical button pushing. Iā€™ve never had a problem when I used PAAK to unlock/and or start the car. Iā€™ve accidentally turned the alarm on 3 times with PAAK.
PAAK features such as ā€œJourneysā€ are a waste of time and w/o access to energy use data Iā€™d have to think real hard about buying a PAAK subscription in the future. PAAK features are nice but not compelling.
Deep Sleep is a bit unpredictable and can mess with charge settings. Takes patience to wake up the MME
Conclusion-If this is the beginning of the future then whatā€™s to come will be continue to be awesome. A very good vehicle that perfectly fits our lifestyle with a modest Mustang vibe. I test drove a Lightning.. Whoa!
A lot of stuff but no mention of 100pct charged mileage range. We recently had 298 full charge and avg 285. Our area is restricted to 35 to 50 mpg and get 3.5 consistently. Highway at 65 returns 3.0.
The gtpe is my wife's grandkid hauler so most of the time speed limit. Few mach e are around our area so A lot of interest at cruises.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Nice writeup. I have had mine 17 months and almost 41,000 miles with a similar commute - but mine is 90% highway to and from. I use the ICC and LKA on my drives and find it works fine. No BC yet on my Job1 car, and I am hoping my tires last until this winter when I am going to get some winter tires for the snow.

We have been on a few road trips and my only complaint is the route I have to take to visit family in Coastal VA from Ohio. I HATE the PA Turnpike and the DC Corridor. But no charging in WV . . . So we bought a Corsair PHEV for long trips until the infrastructure gets built out.

I tell everyone - best car I have ever owned. (although I will admit I like the Corsair smooth ride and seats with massage better)

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I rarely charge to 100% and 238 is the max Iā€™ve seen. 200-204 @ 85% pretty common. Standard range battery. That being said, some days like warm ones of recent, I bet I could charge 240-243 miles at 200%. If I drove sub 35 mph all the time, 300 very possible.

A lot of stuff but no mention of 100pct charged mileage range. We recently had 298 full charge and avg 285. Our area is restricted to 35 to 50 mpg and get 3.5 consistently. Highway at 65 returns 3.0.
The gtpe is my wife's grandkid hauler so most of the time speed limit. Few mach e are around our area so A lot of interest at cruises.

Last edited:

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I just hit 24k, my commute is 62 miles a day. Plus all of the 'extra' driving my wife makes me do because of gas prices. I can't charge at home (townhouse) I charge at 50KW DCFC almost exclusively. I've had the SSN, and some other gotchas in the last year I've owned the car. I average about 3.1KW per mile Not terrible.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Why do you put the tires at 50 psi?
Great write up!

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great write up. Did you keep track of all this stuff in a notebook or in a Word doc or something? I feel like it's very detailed and I would not be able to sit down and recall all of that information without written / typed notes as reference material. :)

I have to give +1000 to BLACK OUT SCREEN. Please, Ford, the Calm screen isn't enough. There should be a way to either completely turn it off (with a wake-on-touch feature) or reduce brightness by 90%. I recently made a trip to Disneyland, and we left at 2:30 AM. The screen, even in night mode, disturbed my child companions and ruined their sleep which in turn, made mommy pretty upset..

It seems like a custom "Screen saver" or full-off mode would be super easy to program..??

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Great write up!
Higher pressure = less rolling resistance, thus better efficiency. Thatā€™s my guess.
But the tires tend to wear faster in the center of the tread and lose traction when overinflated.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Curious. Not sure what it adds though. One tire has a damned slow leak.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Great write up!
Just curious, hard to say on impact but likely negligible. Iā€™ve one tire with a real slow leak.. drives me nuts pumping it up every week by 1-2 pounds šŸ˜”

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
Great write up. Did you keep track of all this stuff in a notebook or in a Word doc or something? I feel like it's very detailed and I would not be able to sit down and recall all of that information without written / typed notes as reference material. :)

I have to give +1000 to BLACK OUT SCREEN. Please, Ford, the Calm screen isn't enough. There should be a way to either completely turn it off (with a wake-on-touch feature) or reduce brightness by 90%. I recently made a trip to Disneyland, and we left at 2:30 AM. The screen, even in night mode, disturbed my child companions and ruined their sleep which in turn, made mommy pretty upset..

It seems like a custom "Screen saver" or full-off mode would be super easy to program..??
Thanks for comments. I take notes, images of screen info. Write it down, then update. I use ā€œTripsā€ for daily, seasonal, all time Mi/KWh till the recent update. Now I get to start over.
I still canā€™t figure out the blue light reflection top of rear window, thought it was overhead ambient blue light by switches but maybe not?

One reason I note down 85% charge and 100% charge frequently is Iā€™m curious about battery degradation. 1% loss per year would be about 2 miles per year. While not insignificant, an ICE ainā€™t perfect. I donā€™t miss.. changing oil, pumping gas, radiator flush, automatic trannies. Then again Iā€™ve no idea what gives with those 7:1 reduction drives. Iā€™m pretty happy with the MME overall.

A modern version of a Z28 passes me each morning. I laugh.

Loudmouthur

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Blue collar
Country flag
I purchased mine June 2021. I have 32,670. So far no issues on the car. Just somethingā€™s Ford can improve on.

OP
OP
JSeis

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
I purchased mine June 2021. I have 32,670. So far no issues on the car. Just somethingā€™s Ford can improve on.
thatā€™s some serious driving there. I did put 50K on a Subie XT one year ā€˜cause girlfriendā€¦
Sponsored