Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I'm going to start smashing my head into a wall if people who buy EVs can't do minor research. This is the biggest problem with the EV push IMO. No one is educated. How many million threads on this do we have now 😂

GUESS-O-METER gotta remember that.
It's beyond just the guess-o-meter "problem"...

• The EPA drive cycle is not understood... They drive at what speed? 😦
  • EV's get longer range in cities than on the highway... whaaa o_O
  • Speed greatly reduces range... huh? you are kidding :oops:
  • Temperature greatly impacts range... nooooooo :eek:
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What I think everyone may be missing is that the OP was just addressing the 270-274 100% factor with 303 being quoted - just the charge aspect v performance. Something tells me he gets the performance limits.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
What I think everyone may be missing is that the OP was just addressing the 270-274 100% factor with 303 being quoted - just the charge aspect v performance. Something tells me he gets the performance limits.
If the charge v performance is understood, then the 270 vs 303 question would be answered

OP
OP
Platinum Ice

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME Premium, 2023 Ford Lightning Order
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
If the charge v performance is understood, then the 270 vs 303 question would be answered
Or maybe in Mexico they by accident put in a non-extended battery / or the extended battery is flawed given it has never charged to 303 levels even with no driving history to compute. Plus the Malibu area - we need no heat/cool climate use most of the time & its been driven with ease Whisper mode.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Or maybe in Mexico they by accident put in a non-extended battery / or the extended battery is flawed given it has never charged to 303 levels even with no driving history to compute. Plus the Malibu area - we need no heat/cool climate use most of the time & its been driven with ease Whisper mode.
uh no. The car would not start... the software is particular.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
This is unrelated but it is about charging. I have only had my MME rwd extended range for a couple of months so I am still learning. I use the charging cable that came with the car. I am leaving town for 2 weeks and not taking the MME. Is it better to leave it charging the whole time I am gone or not to charge it until I return? I tried to search other forums but didn't see one related to my question. Thanks for any advice :)

OP
OP
Platinum Ice

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME Premium, 2023 Ford Lightning Order
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
This is unrelated but it is about charging. I have only had my MME rwd extended range for a couple of months so I am still learning. I use the charging cable that came with the car. I am leaving town for 2 weeks and not taking the MME. Is it better to leave it charging the whole time I am gone or not to charge it until I return? I tried to search other forums but didn't see one related to my question. Thanks for any advice :)
Wait on the charging - the owners' manual supports that v leaving it charging for sure!

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
You'd be fine to leave it unplugged - it'll go into a sleep mode, but wake back up when you approach it and operate just like normal.

Honestly, I'm a bit leery of the included Ford charging cable and wouldn't leave it plugged in unattended. Probably overly cautious, but still. I wouldn't be quite as nervous with my Juicebox, but I'd still probably not leave it plugged in all that time.

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
You'd be fine to leave it unplugged - it'll go into a sleep mode, but wake back up when you approach it and operate just like normal.

Honestly, I'm a bit leery of the included Ford charging cable and wouldn't leave it plugged in unattended. Probably overly cautious, but still. I wouldn't be quite as nervous with my Juicebox, but I'd still probably not leave it plugged in all that time.
My braker box is too far from where I need to charge so I can't add a fast charging station. I have been using the ford charging cable overnight for the last 2.5 months. So far it is working fine.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
My braker box is too far from where I need to charge so I can't add a fast charging station. I have been using the ford charging cable overnight for the last 2.5 months. So far it is working fine.
You should be fine, but I'd still unplug it if I were going to be out of town for a few weeks. The car will barely touch the battery, it'll still be good to go when you're back.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Thank you - I was just addressing the 270-274 100% factor with 303 being quoted - just the charge aspect v performance. I get the performance limits.
So if you have an ICE with a 15 gallon tank and an EPA rating of 30 MPG, would you expect the DTE to show exactly 450 miles after every fill up?

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
The problem is most people say only Tesla does not get its rated range....when in reality no EV gets its rated range all the time. If there were more articles about all EV's don't get rated range it would help a ton, instead of it always being "Tesla does not get rated range". /rant
Some manufacturers are more conservative in their range estimates than others, just as they are with HP/torque ratings on ICE cars:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

At the risk of fostering confirmation bias, there is a pattern to which manufacturer's cars underperformed their rated ranges in these results.

Status
Not open for further replies.