BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
We saw Darren Palmer got his, and that one California Route 1 in Dallas... who got the 3rd? ;)

Reactions: UW2

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
We saw Darren Palmer got his, and that one California Route 1 in Dallas... who got the 3rd? ;)
I've seen more than three Ford executives getting their vehicles. I don't think theirs are in this count since they are company cars. Some were delivered before OKTB.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I've seen more than three Ford executives getting their vehicles. I don't think theirs are in this count since they are company cars. Some were delivered before OKTB.
Company cars are included in the sales reporting per Ford. Execs that don't "lease" their car but simply drive a pool car for a week or two to check it out aren't counted as a sale, but a manger taking home their yearly lease car is.

U.S. sales volume reflects transactions with (i) retail and fleet customers (as reported by dealers), (ii) government and (iii) Ford management.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Company cars are included in the sales reporting per Ford. Execs that don't "lease" their car but simply drive a pool car for a week or two to check it out aren't counted as a sale, but a manger taking home their yearly lease car is.
Interesting. I don't know what to make of the 3 then. We heard about at least two deliveries in Dallas, plus there's Palmer, Frischmuth, Buzz, and Cannis who've shared pictures of theirs (mostly Grabber Blues). I assume there are even more whose photos I just haven't found yet (or they aren't sharing).

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Interesting. I don't know what to make of the 3 then. We heard about at least two deliveries in Dallas, plus there's Palmer, Frischmuth, Buzz, and Cannis who've shared pictures of theirs (mostly Grabber Blues). I assume there are even more whose photos I just haven't found yet (or they aren't sharing).
It's possible it's a "pool car" they've taken home and Tweeted about, rather than actually taken delivery of. Darren's post that got shared on here sounded like it was truly "his" car, so I figured he was one of the 3. I doubt Ford is delaying management lease sales reporting, FCA got in legal trouble a few years back for "discrepancies" in sales reporting and I'm sure Ford paid close attention.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's possible it's a "pool car" they've taken home and Tweeted about, rather than actually taken delivery of. Darren's post that got shared on here sounded like it was truly "his" car, so I figured he was one of the 3. I doubt Ford is delaying management lease sales reporting, FCA got in legal trouble a few years back for "discrepancies" in sales reporting and I'm sure Ford paid close attention.
Or maybe only production cars are counted. All of the execs I mentioned got cars built prior to oktb.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Or maybe only production cars are counted. All of the execs I mentioned got cars built prior to oktb.
Correct, only customer saleable cars can be counted. If the car is technically a prototype and will be scrapped at the end of its life, it won't get recorded. The Mach-Es that go for crash testing or durability testing won't be counted as a sale. That's why I think some of the execs must be posting about long-term loans of prototypes rather than "their" cars they get through the traditional management lease channel.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
There was a. Rt 1 in Dallas that went to the customer that ordered it
A FE in Dallas that was released by the customer and then sold to someone else
And also a Premium in Dallas that was released by the customer and is now dealer stock

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
There was a. Rt 1 in Dallas that went to the customer that ordered it
A FE in Dallas that was released by the customer and then sold to someone else
And also a Premium in Dallas that was released by the customer and is now dealer stock
Follow up...apparently the premium in Dallas is being sold to someone today.
Sponsored