Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford, 1967 Mustang GTA, DMG 2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Mr67gta what is your eta? Also do you know of a holdup at Melvindale?
My delivery estimate from Ford is 6/4 to 6/10. I think it will take 5 or 6 days after our cars are unloaded from the traincar. last update from NS was Actual placement of car, I don't know what that means. @rolltides posts explain the process pretty well.
Sponsored

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Got a text from my dealer that my car is ready to pick up and got the Ford “complete your purchase” email. Driving to the dealership now!
Arrived at the dealership around 11:30am and met the Inventory Manager who went to get the keyfob. While I was looking at my MME the General Manager came out and greeted me. He said it was the first Grabber Blue MME they had received. He confirmed X-Plan and Price Protection (which we had discussed via email months ago). He said he had never applied Price Protection to a customer order before so "this was a learning experience" for him. The Inventory Manager came back out, gave me the keyfob, and said I was free to take a test drive without him, and I drove away.

After the test drive I inspected the MME following the checklist on this forum. Came back to the dealership and met with the Inventory Manager to purchase the MME. He asked which plan I was using, I said X-Plan, and gave him my X-Plan PIN. The buyer's sheet he gave me had the correct X-Plan pricing, but an incorrect $699 dealer fee (X-Plan caps this at $100), and no Price Protection. As soon as he handed me the buyer's sheet, without me saying anything, he immediately said "I made a mistake on the doc fee, that should be $100." As he was updating the pricing on his computer, I said "and please add the $1,000 price protection." He looked confused and asked me for my order confirmation from October, which I had printed in advance and gave to him. He then applied the $1,000 price protection without "the check's in the mail" BS. He printed out another buyer's sheet, which had the correct pricing, and I signed it.

Next I met with the Business Manager, signed all the paperwork, and declined the extended warranty. I liked that he didn't try any pressure-filled sales tactics on me. I went back to the Inventory Manager's office, he confirmed my FordPass Member ID, and we activated the MME. He gave me the second keyfob and we walked outside to the MME. We completed FordPass activation, setup PaaK, and setup the BlueOval Charge Network Trial Expiration and got the 250 kWh Electrify America Balance. Another salesman congratulated me and said he was so happy my MME sold because customers had been asking him if it was for sale all day.

Very positive dealership experience, but I would have been out $1,066-$1,704 if I hadn't done my homework. Here's the pricing I got (2022 Premium RWD SR October 2 order):

• MSRP $49,100.00
  • Minus Active Park Assist Prep Kit $325.00
  • Subtotal $48,775.00
  • Destination/Delivery $1,100.00
  • Subtotal $49,875.00
  • CV Lot Management $10.00
  • Subtotal $49,885.00
  • X-Plan Discount 2%
  • X-Plan Discount $997.70
  • Subtotal $48,887.30
  • X-Plan Administration Fee $275.00
  • X-Plan Price $49,162.30
  • Minus Sales Price Protection $1,000.00
  • Subtotal $48,162.30
  • Doc Fee $100.00
  • Electronic Filing Tag Fee $198.00
  • Subtotal $48,460.30
  • Tax Rate 6.6%
  • Taxes $3,198.38
  • Subtotal $51,658.68
  • Title Fee $18.00
  • Registration $25.00
  • MVWR Fee $3.00
  • Subtotal $51,704.68
  • Minus Deposit $500.00
  • Total $51,204.68
  • (After $7,500 Federal Tax Credit $43,704.68)

Really happy with the MME and so glad she's home.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all of your help and support. Best of luck on your deliveries!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang img_5653

Last edited:

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Arrived at the dealership around 11:30am and met the Inventory Manager who went to get the keyfob. While I was looking at my MME the General Manager came out and greeted me. He said it was the first Grabber Blue MME they had received. He confirmed X-Plan and Price Protection (which we had discussed via email months ago). He said he had never applied Price Protection to a customer order before so "this was a learning experience" for him. The Inventory Manager came back out, gave me the keyfob, and said I was free to take a test drive without him, and I drove away.

After the test drive I inspected the MME following the checklist on this forum. Came back to the dealership and met with the Inventory Manager to purchase the MME. He asked which plan I was using, I said X-Plan, and gave him my X-Plan PIN. The buyer's sheet he gave me had the correct X-Plan pricing, but an incorrect $699 dealer fee (X-Plan caps this at $100), and no Price Protection. As soon as he handed me the buyer's sheet, without me saying anything, he immediately said "I made a mistake on the doc fee, that should be $100." As he was updating the pricing on his computer, I said "and please add the $1,000 price protection." He looked confused and asked me for my order confirmation from October, which I had printed in advance and gave to him. He then applied the $1,000 price protection without "the check's in the mail" BS. He printed out another buyer's sheet, which had the correct pricing, and I signed it.

Next I met with the Business Manager, signed all the paperwork, and declined the extended warranty. I liked that he didn't try any pressure-filled sales tactics on me. I went back to the Inventory Manager's office, he confirmed my FordPass Member ID, and we activated the MME. He gave me the second keyfob and we walked outside to the MME. We completed FordPass activation, setup PaaK, and setup the BlueOval Charge Network Trial Expiration and got the 250 kWh Electrify America Balance. Another salesman congratulated me and said he was so happy my MME sold because customers had been asking him if it was for sale all day.

Very positive dealership experience, but I would have been out $1,066-$1,811 if I hadn't done my homework. Here's the pricing I got (2022 Premium RWD SR October 2 order):

• MSRP $49,100.00
  • Minus Active Park Assist Prep Kit $325.00
  • Subtotal $48,775.00
  • Destination/Delivery $1,100.00
  • Subtotal $49,875.00
  • CV Lot Management $10.00
  • Subtotal $49,885.00
  • X-Plan Discount 2%
  • X-Plan Discount $997.70
  • Subtotal $48,887.30
  • X-Plan Administration Fee $275.00
  • X-Plan Price $49,162.30
  • Minus Sales Price Protection $1,000.00
  • Subtotal $48,162.30
  • Doc Fee $100.00
  • Electronic Filing Tag Fee $198.00
  • Subtotal $48,460.30
  • Tax Rate 6.6%
  • Taxes $3,198.38
  • Subtotal $51,658.68
  • Title Fee $18.00
  • Registration $25.00
  • MVWR Fee $3.00
  • Subtotal $51,704.68
  • Minus Deposit $500.00
  • Total $51,204.68
  • (After $7,500 Federal Tax Credit $43,704.68)

Really happy with the MME and so glad she's home.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all of your help and support. Best of luck on your deliveries!
congrats!!!!!!! Now it’s time to tint those front windows 😊

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
On the plane home now from a long weekend in Vancouver. In my first 36 hours, I saw 10-15 MMEs - more than I've seen in AZ in the past 12 months. Also saw some abandoned (or backed up) railcars on the train tracks which was a bit triggering lol.

While I was gone, I checked with Ford Chat once on Saturday midday, which still reported Laredo as of 5/2. I will be calling KCS tomorrow to see if they were able to tag my (and @swnerd321's) railcar for unloading yet. The agent on Thursday mentioned that he would tag it "hot", but I'm not sure what the timeline for that looks like.

I also reported that Palsapp updated their website and backend to block requets via VIN. This occurred just after 7:00pm Pacific on Friday, as I got a notification that my status changed (from my REST sensor) and logged into my home VPN/HA instance to find an "Unknown" status. Info here if you're interested and/or can help find another backdoor - but I think most/all here are past the point of Palsapp tracking, which is bittersweet.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
On the plane home now from a long weekend in Vancouver. In my first 36 hours, I saw 10-15 MMEs - more than I've seen in AZ in the past 12 months. Also saw some abandoned (or backed up) railcars on the train tracks which was a bit triggering lol.

While I was gone, I checked with Ford Chat once on Saturday midday, which still reported Laredo as of 5/2. I will be calling KCS tomorrow to see if they were able to tag my (and @swnerd321's) railcar for unloading yet. The agent on Thursday mentioned that he would tag it "hot", but I'm not sure what the timeline for that looks like.

I also reported that Palsapp updated their website and backend to block requets via VIN. This occurred just after 7:00pm Pacific on Friday, as I got a notification that my status changed (from my REST sensor) and logged into my home VPN/HA instance to find an "Unknown" status. Info here if you're interested and/or can help find another backdoor - but I think most/all here are past the point of Palsapp tracking, which is bittersweet.
Yea, frustrating! Chat has been all over the place for me. It's always in transit, some say it will not move to the next until May 31, some say it's on Ramp 6P, Kansas City MC, MO, Yesterday, they said it left on a convoy that referenced the delivery to Norfolk Southern (Voltz). Pals goes dark

I wonder if Ordertrack will shut down:
Vehicles using Ordertrack on average spend 25 days and 11 hours in this status.
One other vehicle using Ordertrack has spent a total of 48 days and 12 hours in this status.
This metric may be wildly inaccurate due to missing data points and should be taken with a grain of salt. This should become more exact over time.

There are currently 163 similar vehicles in the same status being tracked using Ordertrack.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I think there is a system issue with Ford. I reached out to Ford Chat yesterday and they told me my car was now on a plant hold...despite having received a rail car number a few weeks ago, and tracking that rail car to Jacksonville. It's now sitting in the rail yard awaiting transport to my dealership.

The agents looked into the discrepancy and said there was an error in their tracking, and the plant hold was incorrect. No confidence in whether or not they even have a clue where the car is at this point.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, maybe my time is now...

Ford Chat reports last status update 5/22. In Transit via Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS! Asked for and was provided a railcar number. 🥳

@swnerd321, check with Ford Chat

Mr67gta

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford, 1967 Mustang GTA, DMG 2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now ROLD which means released hold?
Don't know what it means but things are happening. still need to be put on trucks and shipped to dealers. Will probably take a few days. at least we are not stuck in limbo like some others in our build group.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I think there is a system issue with Ford. I reached out to Ford Chat yesterday and they told me my car was now on a plant hold...despite having received a rail car number a few weeks ago, and tracking that rail car to Jacksonville. It's now sitting in the rail yard awaiting transport to my dealership.

The agents looked into the discrepancy and said there was an error in their tracking, and the plant hold was incorrect. No confidence in whether or not they even have a clue where the car is at this point.

Ford Chat reports last status update 5/22. In Transit via Ramp 6M, Argentine, KS! Asked for and was provided a railcar number. 🥳

So where is your next stop? Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO?

Brendanmcgowan2

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Don't know what it means but things are happening. still need to be put on trucks and shipped to dealers. Will probably take a few days. at least we are not stuck in limbo like some others in our build group.
It means released from the train so I hope the yard isn't full. I may drive by it to see.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So where is your next stop? Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO?
No, at this point it should be on its journey West. 6M appears to be Argentine (Westbound BNSF) vs 6P being Muncie (Eastbound NS). I did call the CSX line and got a status "load released by the customer, Kansas City, Kansas, on BNSF May 23rd 8:50am". I'm not sure if that means the railcar was shipped out or if the contents inside were released. I will check with the status line throughout the day and see if it updates.

Have you asked chat for the railcar number? Seems like the VVR is spotty on updating checkpoints during the second rail journey. Explicitly ask if they can see a railcar number assigned if they don't provide one. The agent today only told me "in transit as of 5/22" at which point I had to ask if there was a location associated with that update (6M Argentine KS) and then I had to ask if there was a railcar number assigned (NKCR 007389). The agents can see it all (if present), they just seem to vary wildly in what they provide you without further prodding.

Assuming no (further) delays, I should expect to see the car in ~2 weeks at my dealer.

swnerd321

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, Space White 2022 MME GTPE
Country flag

Progress 🥳. Looks like the status change to “hot” worked (Thanks @mdpmdp ). No new rail car number but definitely in KC and delivery date update to June 2 from May 20-26. Haven’t seen an email from Ford yet but I assume it’s coming….. just very happy to be unstuck at least for now 😬😬😬. Also grateful for folks in forum and especially this thread, the sharing of information helped a lot to not go crazy waiting 🙌

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang F4574CDF-DA6C-4A08-BC88-D4D0FE28EAAF

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Progress 🥳. Looks like the status change to “hot” worked (Thanks @mdpmdp ). No new rail car number but definitely in KC and delivery date update to June 2 from May 20-26. Haven’t seen an email from Ford yet but I assume it’s coming….. just very happy to be unstuck at least for now 😬😬😬. Also grateful for folks in forum and especially this thread, the sharing of information helped a lot to not go crazy waiting 🙌

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang F4574CDF-DA6C-4A08-BC88-D4D0FE28EAAF
Welcome to the same Ramp I've been stuck at