Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PXL_20220606_215606082.jpg

Picked up my car around lunch time. Sales guy didn't really know much about the vehicle and the dealer didn't run through the pre-delivery checklist (charge the vehicle, set to dark mode, etc.) But I didn't really care and just took it. Had about 50% charge, 12 miles on the dash. Took about 3 hours from arrival to departure. Had a little bit of a fight for price protection but eventually received it. Good luck to everybody else waiting for delivery, can't wait until we can all move on!
FINALLY! What a patient guy you have been. It’s ok to shed a tear or two after all the frustration, maybe swear a bit as well.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Anyone know what it means when the rail scanners give you a time in the future? I could not make out the first part, something like AVP but it's now in Crewe, VA which is a 1 hour 20 minutes away.

6/7 12:45 pm AVPL? Crewe,VA

It started moving last night around 8:30 pm, I would expect that the 6/7 would be a 12:45 am timestamp. Is this the endpoint?

Last edited:

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Anyone know what it means when the rail scanners give you a time in the future? I could not make out the first part, something like AVP but it's now in Crewe, VA which is a 1 hour 20 minutes away.

6/7 12:45 pm AVPL? Crewe,VA

It started moving last night around 8:30 pm, I would expect that the 6/7 would be a 12:45 am timestamp. Is this the endpoint?
AVPL = Actual Vehicle Placement? Just a wild guess, but I think that status means it is about to get off the train if that is what AVPL refers to here.

And at least it is not in Newark, NJ lol.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
6/7/22 12:30 pm Notification Ground only Poe, VA - That I would assume is it's off the flat car?
From my experience with this whole rail tracking ordeal is that Notification Ground Only is the second to last step for the rail company; the last step being RMTY, which I think is Rail Empty. Then it waits for a truck transport to your dealership!

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
From my experience with this whole rail tracking ordeal is that Notification Ground Only is the second to last step for the rail company; the last step being RMTY, which I think is Rail Empty. Then it waits for a truck transport to your dealership!
Unless it decides to live out its life in Newark...lol

Yes RMTY is the last step before someone has to go find a truck and driver to take it to the dealer.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
@Av8tor - Kevin, there are a bunch of us out here pulling for you and your ride. It will happen and it will be a good experience.

@Ford Motor Company - This dude deserves good treatment. We are all hoping he has one of the good dealerships. Or maybe a double dip on the EA free charging.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The remaining 4:

119/300
189/1380
@Regulus7
3/29 REBILL
WED 3/163/294/21

297/330
636/1380
@swnerd321
3/29 REBILL
THR 3/173/294/22

299/330
638/1380
@Av8tor
3/29 REBILL
THR 3/17 (am)
3/29
4/21

293/300
727/1380
@pnrmurph
3/15 Sent Offsite,3/29 REBILL
MON 3/143/294/20

Production Week: 03/14/22 Timeline
Mine was built 2 weeks before yours and his been “in transit” since 3/26. Sat in Laredo TX for 4 weeks and was supposed to be delivered this last week and when I contact my dealer they say it says in Missouri. Get the same response that is transport issues. Tried calling Ford with zero luck and zero emails since the last one that it is being shipped. Terrible job so far. July 17th will be my 1 year since I ordered this car.

ycking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E AWD Premium, 22' BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/14/22 Build Week Gang 1654622484926

Picked up my car around lunch time. Sales guy didn't really know much about the vehicle and the dealer didn't run through the pre-delivery checklist (charge the vehicle, set to dark mode, etc.) But I didn't really care and just took it. Had about 50% charge, 12 miles on the dash. Took about 3 hours from arrival to departure. Had a little bit of a fight for price protection but eventually received it. Good luck to everybody else waiting for delivery, can't wait until we can all move on!
Congrats!

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
6/7/22 12:30 pm Notification Ground only Poe, VA - That I would assume is it's off the flat car?
Notification Ground - Its a type of notification to the receiver of the cargo that it has arrived. The next statuses it will go through:
- PCON - "Constructive Placement" - means there is not space to unload the railcar
- "Actual Placement of Car" - it has been placed for unloading
- UNLD ("Unloading") - It's being unloaded
- RMTY - "Released Empty" - railcar is unloaded and has been released, empty, back to norfolk southern to be reused

Mine sat in Ground Only for about a day, then PCON for about 11 days, then went through the others in less than a day. (This was at Port Wilmington, Delaware.)

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Unitedroad says my car is at 371 craneway street at Newark NJ. I have a freight id but says “inactive”. If you login to unitedroad frequently as I do this information was not showing up until this evening when I changed the search term to VIN from order ID.

SilverEmerald

First Name
SilverE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
We picked up our car on Saturday. As sad as I was to trade in my 2013 Ford Focus Electric that was still going strong the, Mach-E is AMAZING! Purchasing experience terrible….

After emailing the dealer since February, 2.5 hours at the dealer last month, and 7.5 hours on Saturday the dealer would still not honor x-plan with price protection and the park assist credit or put anything in writing to honor the PP amount at a future date when Ford reimburses them. The dealer only gave us two choices to purchase (1) x-plan at current MSRP with park assist credit or (2) Price Protected MSRP no park assist credit. The dealer had all our x-plan documentation way ahead of time, plenty of time to work it out. The dealer would not even guarantee we would get a $325 park assist credit if we took the price protected deal. The entire time I felt like they were just waiting for me to misstep so they could sell the car out from under me at a huge markup.

In the end we could just not risk on the higher out the door x-plan with the hope the $3k MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be in “the mail” from “somebody” without amounts in writing.

@ Ford I am relieved to see the news article that Ford is going to fixed pricing and online. I believe if I had been allowed to complete the entire process online through Ford’s system through “check out” (instead of “complete at dealer”) all of this would have been avoided. Now, when the more than the dozen family and friends who were tracking our 7+ hours at the dealer on Saturday tell me they would never purchase from Ford based on our experience Saturday, I might be able to assure them it will be better in the future.

We are loving the car!....but will never get back the time it took to close this deal. I feel we spent almost $2k (x-plan discount, park assist credit, and doc fees) on this car more than we had to because of our dealer's lack of trust and diligence around what Ford would or would not reimburse them.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Last edited:

swnerd321

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, Space White 2022 MME GTPE
Country flag
@Regulus7, @swnerd321, @pnrmurph, are all off the train waiting for the carriage, mine @Av8tor is now in placement for offloading from the flat car it rode in on.

Remaining 3/14'ers
MemberBuiltShippedStatus
@Regulus73/294/21DELAY last leg
@swnerd3213/294/22
@pnrmurph3/294/21DELAY last leg
@Av8tor3/294/21Unloading

Production Week: 03/14/22 Timeline
I believe so. My car is at its last train stop (Jacksonville) and the train car reports as being in a different location now. Waiting on truck to dealer 🤞🏻
Sponsored