mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
My car came in— 3 days before its delivery window. Yay!
But… dealer refuses on price protection. Something about since I ordered it online and not through them, it hadn’t been locked in at the time of order.
Worse, apparently they “don’t do Ford Options.” The dealerships have to sign up for it because it’s an “e-contract,” and requires tablets or special equipment. So they won’t offer it. Is this a thing? How is this a thing?
I had to educate my dealer on Price Protection. Slightly annoying but we got there. Ordering online vs in showroom doesn't have anything to do with locking in the order. Find the Ford Memo posted on the forums that tells them it is price protected.

If you complete all paperwork online, without them you can get around their lack of tablets. Literally do everything without the dealer. Issue will be that you won't get price protection. Ford screwed that up IMO.

For me Ford Options benefit was the 2500 bonus cash from when I ordered, so if that's not an option for you, maybe look for other financing as I feel like this dealer is going to give you an atrocious rate.
Sponsored

longofest

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER, 2016 Sienna XLE
Occupation
Software Shit
20220511_174653.jpg

He's home!! I convinced them to give it to me today. My salesman actually came in on his day off to finalize the deal! I'm in love 😍
Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations Lexi!

longofest

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER, 2016 Sienna XLE
Occupation
Software Shit
Any tips on what to learn/personlize first? I couldn't even find bluecruise on my drive home but I was driving lol. I had to hurry home and didn't really get time at the dealership to play
Before mine has even arrived, I have been setting up my driver profile in the FordPass app.

I also have been looking online at Amazon, etc, for accessories that I'd want. Only thing I've bought are:
1) a Tesla Destination converter connector
2) a trash can that matches the aesthetic (try to keep this pony clean)

mmejersey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA-R1 AWD GB, 2022 Kia EV6 GTL AWD YB
Country flag
Here it is. Just picked up this afternoon. No hassles from the dealer (Holman Ford and Lincoln of Maple Shade). They were aware of the price protection. They presented me the numbers based on the original order price. No non-sense dealer add-ons. It was smooth.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/21/22 Build Week Gang 20220512_161910

And both my EVs:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/21/22 Build Week Gang 20220512_162600

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Full front PPF, ceramic coat, ceramic tint on the front windows. Had it two weeks and loving it so far. The suspension is a minor annoyance, as others have stated, but I’m hoping I stop noticing it.

Been great to see so many from our build week getting cars! Seems like most of us arrived on time or even slightly ahead of schedule. Hope those that are still waiting get their ponies soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3/21/22 Build Week Gang 6D003327-69C2-40F3-8041-B9F59DC115A7

mmejersey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CA-R1 AWD GB, 2022 Kia EV6 GTL AWD YB
Country flag
Did any of the cars come with dividers in the Frunk? Mine does not have dividers. Not sure if that is the norm for 2022 models. Also, looks smaller than I have seen it in pics

NDGoGrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium SR, RWD, Grabber Blue
I had to educate my dealer on Price Protection. Slightly annoying but we got there. Ordering online vs in showroom doesn't have anything to do with locking in the order. Find the Ford Memo posted on the forums that tells them it is price protected.

If you complete all paperwork online, without them you can get around their lack of tablets. Literally do everything without the dealer. Issue will be that you won't get price protection. Ford screwed that up IMO.

For me Ford Options benefit was the 2500 bonus cash from when I ordered, so if that's not an option for you, maybe look for other financing as I feel like this dealer is going to give you an atrocious rate.
Thanks for the reply! On Monday, right after I got the delivery email, I ran over to the dealer with a folder full of documents, including the corporate price protection memo. They insisted it didn’t apply to my car, and that the only protection that existed was the $750 back for the 2021 converts to 2022 (not me; I ordered a 2022 on 10/2/21.) i left, leaving them a list of things to Reseaech and told them I’d come back Tuesday with more evidence. 🙄 Wouldn’t you know it, by Tuesday they had miraculously figured out the price protection, so I got that. They also found a lower interest rate than they initially quoted and it was lower than any local credit union. So no Options, but I’m pleased with my rate. Hilariously, when it came time to sign the contract, my $500 deposit wasn’t there after the salesman had promised they’d remember it. Finance guy said “oh, you didn’t pay that to us; you paid that to corporate. You’ll have to call them for a refund.” HELL NO. I called corporate right there in the finance office, put it on speaker, and had corporate explain that the dealer took my payment directly back when they accepted my order (with finance guy still saying “nope.”) Corporate suggested I check my credit card statement, and lo and behold, there was my $500 charged directly to dealership’s name. Several managers kept running in and out, asking me to screenshot it and send it to them. It took 2 hours of them freaking out to add my deposit in to my contract, but we got it in there.
So at the end of the day, I got my car at the right price with a good interest rate….. but I had to work for it!

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
So at the end of the day, I got my car at the right price with a good interest rate….. but I had to work for it!
A pain to work through - but glad you got it all sorted. Now get out and drive! :cool:

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
She’s home 😍

BC1C82BF-BC4F-4DAB-9388-832C17E71301.jpeg
Congrats! How many days did it take from “RMTY” status to when you heard from your dealer or got the Ford purchase email?