3/21/22 Build Week Gang

BaconNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Hybrid 22', Mach-E 22'
Mine is going to be sitting in that lot in Kanas City until May 13th according to Ford chat rep, and then delivered to the dealer on May 19th. An awful long time for something that is only 7.5 hours away....
Sponsored

mcrites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav4 Prime
Country flag
Ugh, mine has been sitting in Port Wilmington for 10 days! Railcar still hasn't moved out of "PCON" status. (United Road status "Inactive").
Hopefully it will move soon!

moore8809

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 250 Super Duty
Country flag
Dealer thinks mine is waiting for the truck o come pick it up from the railyard still no movement this am :)

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
I'm still hanging out in Conway, PA. No movement since the 26th.

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
My CA rte 1 has arrived at Koons Annapolis. Going to take a look at the paperwork.

update: car looks good even though it’s filthy….
left without finalizing paperwork as they could not figure Out how to do Options with me registering another state.

Last edited:

davhalt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
My car arrived at dealer today (St Petersburg, FL)
Just to close the loop on my experience...

I received the email saying "Complete your Purchase!" from Ford late in the afternoon the same day I got the call from my salesperson at about 10am.

I gave them a heads up on the price protection via text... "Hey, I ordered before price increase, please check VOPC to be sure." Got a response an hour later that it was all settled and they had it taken care of. That part was no issue at all.

Financing. Got the normal new car hard sell on all the extras. Wasn't any different than any other car purchase. HOWEVER, their "best rate" was almost 5% despite my credit being over 800. I asked about the 2.74% that has been floating around and they essentially said there are "no special financing deals". For me, based on what I was putting down, it wasn't a major issue, but it was probably the one item that irritated me because they magically found a 3.5% rate if I bought an adapted protection plan.

In the end, it wasn't a major difference in sales from any other new car (neither better nor worse) and all in all, some of the horror stories with price protection, etc. never materialized. I have a feeling its at least partly because I was using an AutoNation dealership and they have a large network to lean on to handle some of these.

Last thing. If you put a deposit down THROUGH THE FORD WEBSITE when you ordered, the dealership may not have record of it. Either let them know ahead of time or, like me, request they process a refund of the deposit if it doesn't get applied to during the purchase. They had my refund settled within 24 hours, but they didn't even know about my deposit up front.

Hope that helps someone. I know this group has helped me a ton! Thanks and happy driving all!

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
Financing. Got the normal new car hard sell on all the extras. Wasn't any different than any other car purchase. HOWEVER, their "best rate" was almost 5% despite my credit being over 800. I asked about the 2.74% that has been floating around and they essentially said there are "no special financing deals". For me, based on what I was putting down, it wasn't a major issue, but it was probably the one item that irritated me because they magically found a 3.5% rate if I bought an adapted protection plan.
I have heard in some states this is illegal btw.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Last thing. If you put a deposit down THROUGH THE FORD WEBSITE when you ordered, the dealership may not have record of it. Either let them know ahead of time or, like me, request they process a refund of the deposit if it doesn't get applied to during the purchase. They had my refund settled within 24 hours, but they didn't even know about my deposit up front.
Very good to point out. Even though my car hasn't arrived, I already purchased it at the dealer and all the price protection and same odd high interest rates as you applied. The one thing that isn't settled in the deposit. I'll work that out when the car arrives.

justinvoelker

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium ER AWD (ordered)
Country flag
Color me grumpy. My dealer just sent me photos of my car on the lot, ready to pick up Saturday. He isn't budging on the price protection, telling me "that's not how that works" when I tell him I should be paying October's D-plan price, minus $750.

I'm not even excited about the car any more. It sucks waiting 10 months to only then have to fight (and loose) trying to get the price everyone else seems to be getting without lifting a finger.

If someone at @Ford Motor Company wants to give me a phone number of a direct line to someone at Ford that can inform my dealer, I'll happily pass it along.

amtrucker22

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Talked with Ford chat and they stated

The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. The transportation company is Midwestern Car Carriers Inc.

Now... Just got to figure out how to track Midwestern...

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
Color me grumpy. My dealer just sent me photos of my car on the lot, ready to pick up Saturday. He isn't budging on the price protection, telling me "that's not how that works" when I tell him I should be paying October's D-plan price, minus $750.

I'm not even excited about the car any more. It sucks waiting 10 months to only then have to fight (and loose) trying to get the price everyone else seems to be getting without lifting a finger.

If someone at @Ford Motor Company wants to give me a phone number of a direct line to someone at Ford that can inform my dealer, I'll happily pass it along.
They are trying to get you to walk away. Start a chat with Ford Chat. They have been helpful for me in the past.

it’s really unfortunate that some of the dealers have made this process so bad.

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
My CA rte 1 has arrived at Koons Annapolis. Going to take a look at the paperwork.

update: car looks good even though it’s filthy….
left without finalizing paperwork as they could not figure Out how to do Options with me registering another state.
That's so exciting! Hopefully mine will make it to MD soon enough.

longofest

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER, 2016 Sienna XLE
Occupation
Software Shit
They are trying to get you to walk away. Start a chat with Ford Chat. They have been helpful for me in the past.

it’s really unfortunate that some of the dealers have made this process so bad.
I have yet to get anyone in ford chat to have any knowledge of the VOPC price protection for Mach E beyond the $750. The only way I know about it is these forums.

mcrites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav4 Prime
Country flag
My car was just delivered to my dealership in Sterling Virginia. I need to make sure no dealer badges are added. :)

EDIT: I got the email from Ford, but only after I signed in and checked to see if the complete car purchase was enabled. I did not do this since it didn't include Price Protection.
Sponsored

Last edited: