ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Still not updating status on the home page. Here’s the Vehicle page this morning after charging:
95E39F01-1C2B-479F-B12A-A11CCDBCD7E0.png

Home page lagging behind

0470C48D-A5C8-43B4-8539-9DDCD59B8CF2.png
4 hours later the Home Page still hasn’t updated.
I’ve noticed this as well.

also, I’m jealous of your SecuriAlert section. I don’t have that yet.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still not updating status on the home page. Here’s the Vehicle page this morning after charging:

Home page lagging behind

4 hours later the Home Page still hasn’t updated.
Have a hard time updating the home page now. It refreshed on .29 not on .29.1. Think if I see that obnoxious message about I am see the last info before it FELL ASLEEP one more time I will puke. Seeming it says it updated 10 hours ago I think I got that it is not recent. Why flash a notice that takes up a third my phone screen to tell me what I can already see. Yes my 100 KWh battery goes into hibernation mode immediately after the power button is hit. Going to stop pressing that power button and see what happens ;). Leave the thing idle.

I seen 4 5 days and it doesn't update unless you force it. Wipes peoples paak and passcodes, charging and journey logs don't work. Just keeps getting worse and worse for me and not seeing much progress. Except securialert that also does not work too well and resets; I just shut that off.

Gonna give up on trying to make work what does not. You have to admit it is a bit of a joke right now. Have not seen such poor software like this app for quite a while. Need it for remote start and a charge to 100% toggle that is about it. Put those 2 into a separate paak app and done. Walk up to my car and it is not sleeping wish the app would quit telling me it is.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Have a hard time updating the home page now. It refreshed on .29 not on .29.1. Think if I see that obnoxious message about I am see the last info before it FELL ASLEEP one more time I will puke. Seeming it says it updated 10 hours ago I think I got that it is not recent. Why flash a notice that takes up a third my phone screen to tell me what I can already see. Yes my 100 KWh battery goes into hibernation mode immediately after the power button is hit. Going to stop pressing that power button and see what happens ;). Leave the thing idle.

I seen 4 5 days and it doesn't update unless you force it. Wipes peoples paak and passcodes, charging and journey logs don't work. Just keeps getting worse and worse for me and not seeing much progress. Except securialert that also does not work too well and resets; I just shut that off.

Gonna give up on trying to make work what does not. You have to admit it is a bit of a joke right now. Have not seen such poor software like this app for quite a while. Need it for remote start and a charge to 100% toggle that is about it. Put those 2 into a separate paak app and done. Walk up to my car and it is not sleeping wish the app would quit telling me it is.
I’m with you on all of this. The whole thing really drives me nuts. I’ve resorted to just using it as little as possible as to not get frustrated with what could of (and frankly, should of) been.

another thing that is a bit unfortunate is: this app is used for many other cars. Therefore, my one-star review doesn’t do much on the App Store. I was shocked to see it have a 4.6 on iOS. Its frustrating to know if it had a 2-3 star rating, that would get Ford’s attention.

definitely a bit of a reminder of “the MME isn’t the only Ford out there”

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m with you on all of this. The whole thing really drives me nuts. I’ve resorted to just using it as little as possible as to not get frustrated with what could of (and frankly, should of) been.

another thing that is a bit unfortunate is: this app is used for many other cars. Therefore, my one-star review doesn’t do much on the App Store. I was shocked to see it have a 4.6 on iOS. Its frustrating to know if it had a 2-3 star rating, that would get Ford’s attention.

definitely a bit of a reminder of “the MME isn’t the only Ford out there”
Further rant coming.

I gave them cash for this car. This car is on my network and I own it. Why does this app not communicate on my local network to the car like other software for computers and AI I own does? Why does it say fordpass is not responding when the car is 20' from the app/phone, says bluetooth is connected and shows as a wi-fi device on my router?

This app should be something I use to manage my vehicle in house not constant and what appears to be outside contact. Why do I even give two cents whether fordpass is not responding for an app to tell me the status of my vehicle 20' away and connected to my local network? What the heck is fordpass anyway is it the app that is not responding or some overloaded server that appears too dysfunctional to even activate peoples phones when they get a new car lately?

Paak (both rows) and charging status (pop up and a soc screen that can be refreshed) is all I need and that is between me and the car not some not responding fordpass whatever the heck that is. My network is good the app is not. If I can walk up to the vehicle and it acknowledges that (trunk button works) why can it not acknowledge the phone 20' away when requested? The only thing sleeping and not responding appears to be outside my local network? If that is the case the problem becomes obvious. This app should authenticate itself and be standalone. That security level is close to you dropping your old steel keys and loosing them. Do I not want anyone to see my soc or charging status for security reasons? If you loose your phone or it is hacked contact your dealer just like your credit card. Self help/management thru your login at ford.XXX would be an idea.

This app needs to be standalone phone to car or it will always be useless and can not be trusted. What do you think more probable your phone or ford servers get hacked? I know my answer. I see no added layer of security by being dependent on outside help that does not respond. Put a disclaim on it and let us manage our own in house security would be ideal. All the app does is turn my phone into a local remote control with all the scary security risks that I will accept is the only way I see this working without all these constant complaints. They want the control and soon will charge a subscription for me to remotely manage and see status of what I own? If that happens you will see a lot of us good old boys disappear. Standalone app and take the not responding or our server is sleeping out of the equation!

Rant over ;)

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
App needs work, gets stuck at the splash screen if no network connection for starters. Home screen should refresh when they poll the server and get updated status but doesn’t.

i have been exploring the FordPass Connect API and the servers are not the problem. I can pull the status, charge logs, journeys, etc and it seems reasonable, created a link to ABRP that updates ABRP with the current SOC but it stops there Since the car updates the servers when you turn it on and off (or when your Dash looks like a Christmas tree).

I want vehicle details and FordPass can access speed and acceleration data (and who knows what else) so time to sniff FordPass while driving as it collects many data points and sends them to Ford to create a journey, these are what you see when you look at a detailed journey in FordPass.

But why require the phone to do this? Is Ford on a limited cellula data plan??

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Still no Android love for 3.29.1 availability. App crashes all the time, gets stuck on splash screen, and Paak is still a POS.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Still no Android love for 3.29.1 availability. App crashes all the time, gets stuck on splash screen, and Paak is still a POS.
I'm still stuck on 3.29.0, but at least crashes have been rare for me.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I have to say fordpass for MME is a joke and disaster. After more than half a year it doesn't make any meaningful improvements. No real-time vehicle status update, how much battery power will it consume, tiny... to save the battery is not an excuse to keep showing you are seeing the state back to X hours ago. Come on, this is year 2021... Then EV trip history, where is the trips uploaded from the car with the statistics such as distance, power consumption, miles gained from regen, etc. Even the FordMobile app for Fusion energy has it and works perfect. It has been broken from day one and at some point, it shows it is coming soon in the app but now it shows there is no history at all. This is so frustrating as these obviously broken functionality and bugs are so obvious that any decent software developing team won't event allow them to be released. You cannot expect ppl having enough patiences for years...

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
3.29 never had issues with the Ford pass here in the Netherlands. Some times I had to close the app and reopen to see the up to date charging %, but besides that all is well. (Knock on wood)

but then again, I do not expect it to give (nor am I interested in) an in depth analyse of the kw/h and regen. After a while driving, the car figures out how many km I can drive with my average driving style. So now I know the km in the screen are about the distantance I can drive. Many fast net stations here so no range anxiety.

its a car, not business intelligence.

Last edited:

ZSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 9-3 estate 280pk
Country flag
3.29 never had issues with the Ford pass here in the Netherlands. Some times I had to close the app and reopen to see the up to date charging %, but besides that all is well. (Knock on wood

OP
OP
TheVirtualTim

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
3.29 never had issues with the Ford pass here in the Netherlands. Some times I had to close the app and reopen to see the up to date charging %, but besides that all is well. (Knock on wood
I noticed a peculiar thing about the state of charge status.

On the 'home' page it will often be out of date. It may tell me it updated the status recently but will actually have the status of ... perhaps the previous day.

If the car is plugged in, there's a blue band near the bottom (it will say either "Target charge reached" or "Waiting to charge" , etc.) that I can tap to see details and *that* will actually show the correct state (e.g. car charged to 80%) ... flip back to the 'Home' page and it will show the old status (e.g. prior to the charge when I was at 74%).

FordPass is still very inconsistent.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Is the launching issue happening too on Android? Play store probably has a different review process/timeline before new app versions become available.
I don't have the issue on Android. That's probably why there's no update.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I noticed a peculiar thing about the state of charge status.

On the 'home' page it will often be out of date. It may tell me it updated the status recently but will actually have the status of ... perhaps the previous day.

If the car is plugged in, there's a blue band near the bottom (it will say either "Target charge reached" or "Waiting to charge" , etc.) that I can tap to see details and *that* will actually show the correct state (e.g. car charged to 80%) ... flip back to the 'Home' page and it will show the old status (e.g. prior to the charge when I was at 74%).

FordPass is still very inconsistent.
Yes, that's common. Quit the app and launch it again to get the home page status back in sync.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Yes, that's common. Quit the app and launch it again to get the home page status back in sync.
In Android if you drag down on the screen it will do a refresh
Sponsored