3-4 days to perform 21C22 windshield recall?

Dangvo

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I'm currently at Ford and they said it would take 3-4 days to address 21C22 windshield recall. Is that correct?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm currently at Ford and they said it would take 3-4 days to address 21C22 windshield recall. Is that correct?
Depends. It's a 2 day job, with time in there for outside glass guy to come, etc. My dealer quotes 3-5 days. You get a free loaner car paid for by Ford corporate.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
The windshield sealant needs to dry at least a day, hence the 2+ day requirement.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I just had mine done and it took 4 days. I was given a rental car for free though, so I didn't care.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I took mine in on a Tuesday and got it back on Friday. A glass guy did not come to the dealer. The dealer removed the head liner and then took the car to the glass guy's shop which was about 6 miles away.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Tried to take mine in today for the recall. Asked the service guy about the loaner/rental that was offered in the recall notice I got, and that I put in the notes of my service appointment. Guy said that's only for repairs that take more than 1 day. I told him that the glass plus software updates was going to take more than a day, especially for a vehicle I doubt they've ever worked on, and he insisted that wasn't the case.

Since I wasn't prepared to drop off my car and be without transportation for days, I left. Guess I'll coordinate around a time I can be without my car for x amount of days. Thanks, Ford.

Ford dealerships are just the worst.

OAcres

First Name
Zohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Select AWD, STD Battery
Country flag
I brought mine into Ford on December 29th for the windshield recall, no glass roof. When I show up, they say I need to reschedule because they didn't realize it had to go to the collision center for the recall. I say I scheduled this over a month ago, how can you not know what the recall entailed? They say well, this is the first one we've ever done and the girl who scheduled it didn't know. I should have walked away at the point and waited but I said no, you're doing it. Give me a loaner car and call me when it's done. So 4 days later I get the call and when I show up to get the car, I notice there is sealant oozing out from the windshield sides (forgot to take pic). It was a bright sunny day and totally noticeable. They also cracked the passenger door plastic pillar. I go back inside and say we have a problem. The service manager comes out and I show him the oozing and cracked pillar and he agrees with me that it looks horrible and needs to be redone. He takes the car down to the collision center for 5 minutes, comes back and tells me that it's sealed safely but because of supply issues they didn't have the right sealant :rolleyes:, ugh, then why did you do the job and not just have me come back? And when I get home and look at it again, I noticed the windshield wasn't exactly centered correctly either, not too noticeable but it still bothered me. At this point, I'm wondering why they didn't just farm it out to a glass company.

I end up rescheduling for last week and this time I dealt directly with the collision center. After I drop it off, the girl calls me and tells me that there are two rock chips on the windshield and I tell her yeah, they were there last month, when you worked on it. She said she didn't notice them last time and I'm like well, that's your issue not mine. It's a recall and if it breaks it's your problem. Anyway, I get the car back 4 days later and to my relief it looks perfect, no oozing and perfectly centered. I'm just so glad I don't have the glass roof to deal with also, can't even imagine how bad they would have screwed that up. The car was actually done in 3 days but they kept it an extra day to update the software, third time we've had it updated at Ford and believe it or not this time everything is working; CarPlay connects right away on both of our phones and PAAK is working perfect. My wife doesn't want to update anything else now because she has been so fed up with the CarPlay issues and she's happy that it's working normal now.

Anyway, I'm glad it's done and looks good now but if I could have done it again, I would have skipped the recall or at least waited until my dealership had more experience doing the work. My dealership has a sold quite a few of the Mach-Es so hopefully in the future things will be better.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm just so glad I don't have the glass roof to deal with also, can't even imagine how bad they would have screwed that up
Unlike the windshield recall, the glass roof recall does not require the panoramic roof to be removed. If any dealer does, they either aren’t reading the instructions, not following the instructions, or something else is wrong.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I had the windshield and roof recall done. Took them 12 days.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dropped my car off today for roof and windshield recalls, as well as the software update. They were sending the car to the body shop first and said it would be next week before it is finished.

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
4 days.
Took mine in on a Monday morning. Dealer performed a repair on rear brakes where brake pads were sticking to rotors. Replaced pads and turned rotors.
Day 2-3 they performed windshield and roof recalls. They called and asked me to come the next day to let the adhesive set
I picked up vehicle on day 4.

Dealer provided a loaner.

All is good. Nice to have car back. Really missed driving it.
Sponsored