Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
No offense intended to the Tesla fans out there, but there are 3 major reasons why I am buying a Mustang Mach-E over a Tesla

1. Elon Musk has a habit of ignoring things that he believes are unnecessary speed bumps. For example, see the article on the lack of approval on the tower that SpaceX is building in Boca Chica. I'm amazed at the speed of innovation that SpaceX is doing in rocketry and space science, but there are rules. Mostly, they are there for a reason.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/faa...not-approved-new-texas-launch-site-tower.html

2. This will be the 6th Ford that we will own. No, they are not perfect, but Ford knows how to build cars and build cars that will last. See point 1 above for my concerns about the shortcuts in building cars in a tent and their long-term usability. Of course, there will be cases where an MME dies in the first few months, that happens. I understand the math behind this as I modeled satellite reliability early in my career. Regardless, I have had good luck with Ford, Hyundai and mostly good luck with BMW.

3. Dealers. While we have issues with dealers trying to rip off customers with ADM and other games involved in the sale, the dealer model has been around for a very long time. I had significant issues with Phil Long Ford trying to put in an order. So, went to Autonation Ford who was helpful. No such options exist with Tesla, nor will they. Sure, the dealer model is changing, but I like having options.

Others may shoot holes in my arguments, but these are my thoughts. I could go on and on about the styling, the performance and how it's great to see a major auto manufacturer modernizing with a big bang like the MME and now the Lightning. Yes, they are being pushed by competitors like Tesla, but that is how it is supposed to work, so I am very happy to have Tesla doing what they do.
Sponsored

EV Behr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer soon Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Truck driver
Country flag
Some people forget that a car buying experience is also an emotional experience too. What does that car model say about my tastes in cars. Yes, Tesla has many advantages but it has many issues too. In our decision on going EV, the Mustang Mach E GT filled in most of our wants and needs. I think it’s a fantastic looking car, especially in the GT model.
I say bravo too any and all EV owners, we are all making the environment a little better. And for sure, the electron horsepower war is just getting started.
Its a good time for car enthusiasts.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
No offense intended to the Tesla fans out there, but there are 3 major reasons why I am buying a Mustang Mach-E over a Tesla

1. Elon Musk has a habit of ignoring things that he believes are unnecessary speed bumps. For example, see the article on the lack of approval on the tower that SpaceX is building in Boca Chica. I'm amazed at the speed of innovation that SpaceX is doing in rocketry and space science, but there are rules. Mostly, they are there for a reason.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/14/faa...not-approved-new-texas-launch-site-tower.html

2. This will be the 6th Ford that we will own. No, they are not perfect, but Ford knows how to build cars and build cars that will last. See point 1 above for my concerns about the shortcuts in building cars in a tent and their long-term usability. Of course, there will be cases where an MME dies in the first few months, that happens. I understand the math behind this as I modeled satellite reliability early in my career. Regardless, I have had good luck with Ford, Hyundai and mostly good luck with BMW.

3. Dealers. While we have issues with dealers trying to rip off customers with ADM and other games involved in the sale, the dealer model has been around for a very long time. I had significant issues with Phil Long Ford trying to put in an order. So, went to Autonation Ford who was helpful. No such options exist with Tesla, nor will they. Sure, the dealer model is changing, but I like having options.

Others may shoot holes in my arguments, but these are my thoughts. I could go on and on about the styling, the performance and how it's great to see a major auto manufacturer modernizing with a big bang like the MME and now the Lightning. Yes, they are being pushed by competitors like Tesla, but that is how it is supposed to work, so I am very happy to have Tesla doing what they do.
I think those are really valid reasons.

1. If Elon can't follow the rules because his company is in a rush, it makes me wonder what happens when they are in a rush at the Tesla assembly plant. Actually, we don't have to wonder. It is pretty well known that Teslas built near the end of a quarter are more susceptible to build quality issues.

2. I've owned two Fords and my family owned many more. They've all been great cars with hardly any issues at all for the entire time I drove the car. I tried Subaru (it's a Colorado thing) and had major issues with both Subarus. And don't get me started on the Jaguar!

3. I've never had an issue with dealers when purchasing a new car. They try to add stuff or inflate the interest rate, but I know how to say NO. Sure, it's not a joy. But I've also saved money by getting two dealers to fight each other for my business on the exact same car. I had what I thought was the best price and then got another $500 knocked off plus some free oil changes thrown in.

I also like that the dealers are a separate small business that has a more direct interest in keeping a customer happy. When I had issues with my Subaru, the dealer stepped in and did their best to help me out.
Sponsored