OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
have a '22 Premium. On my winder sticker BC is listed as Standard Equipment "Included at No Extra Charge." Under Optional/Other Equipment: Ford Co-Pilot360 w/Active 2.0.

I've had the car 7 months and the first I heard that BC was a subscription was about a month ago, in these forums. I now see it listed as a 3-year subscription on my app. But that is besides the point as the app wasn't activated until after purchase. I have it in writing that I already paid for BC, and I will not pay for a subscription. I believe a court would agree I (we) don't have to.

I have a '22 Premium. On my winder sticker BC is listed as Standard Equipment "Included at No Extra Charge." Under Optional/Other Equipment section: Ford Co-Pilot360 w/Active 2.0.

I've had the car 7 months and the first I heard that BC was a subscription was about a month ago, in these forums. I now see it listed as a 3-year subscription on my app. But that is besides the point as the app wasn't activated until after purchase. I have it in writing that I already paid for BC, and I will not pay for a subscription. I believe a court would agree I (we) don't have to.
Yeah, I’m not suggesting we go that route.

But the little I know from talking to lawyers about contract law is that the way contracts are written they have to be understandable by the people who signed them, it’s not up to the people who wrote them to allow for outside “of course you would know that” assumptions.

If we paid extra for something, without any disclosures that it’s a “3 year trial,” that would be a serious problem.
Sponsored

ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Performance
Country flag
Yeah, I’m not suggesting we go that route.

But the little I know from talking to lawyers about contract law is that the way contracts are written they have to be understandable by the people who signed them, it’s not up to the people who wrote them to allow for outside “of course you would know that” assumptions.

If we paid extra for something, without any disclosures that it’s a “3 year trial,” that would be a serious problem.
This isn't even about understanding, its the terms of the deal, very much in black and white.. The Navigation feature listed in my window sticker Standard Equipment section Does specify the 3 year subscription. So clearly, Ford specified which of the features in my deal were paid in full, and which were temporary. Because its so clear, I doubt it will take little more than a phone call to Ford to eliminate the BC subscription requirement for my vin when the times comes. However....court is another option if it becomes necessary.

CmndrNemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm also chiming in to say I was under the impression that BlueCruise was included with my Premium for no extra cost, and it was one of the reasons I chose the vehicle. I may have gone another route. I spent months researching cars and have a hard time believing that information was easily available when purchasing or even on the Ford website.

When I learned on this forum it was a 3 year subscription I was disappointed but didn't think it was a huge deal as it seemed inexpensive if it really was a great feature - and I'd have 3 years to decide if it was worth it. Besides, having a reasonably priced subscription is just going to motivate Ford to keep adding features and updating it, right?

Now not only has the price increased, because I haven't taken delivery (just completed being built yesterday) I might not even get a 3 year trial. My dealer can't tell, Ford chat can't tell, Ford marketing can't tell. They all have no idea.

My window sticker says what every else says: included at no extra cost. I'm going to put up a fuss to make sure I don't pay for it because I know that in reality, all of the above means I would have gotten a completely different vehicle if they had marketed their products accurately.

ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm also chiming in to say I was under the impression that BlueCruise was included with my Premium for no extra cost, and it was one of the reasons I chose the vehicle. I may have gone another route. I spent months researching cars and have a hard time believing that information was easily available when purchasing or even on the Ford website.

When I learned on this forum it was a 3 year subscription I was disappointed but didn't think it was a huge deal as it seemed inexpensive if it really was a great feature - and I'd have 3 years to decide if it was worth it. Besides, having a reasonably priced subscription is just going to motivate Ford to keep adding features and updating it, right?

Now not only has the price increased, because I haven't taken delivery (just completed being built yesterday) I might not even get a 3 year trial. My dealer can't tell, Ford chat can't tell, Ford marketing can't tell. They all have no idea.

My window sticker says what every else says: included at no extra cost. I'm going to put up a fuss to make sure I don't pay for it because I know that in reality, all of the above means I would have gotten a completely different vehicle if they had marketed their products accurately.
Good luck, will be interested to hear how it turns out for you. BTW I love my car, it's been a true pleasure to drive.

Jodeus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-e; 2010 Camaro
Country flag
Just purchased and took home a 2023 Premium MME last night.
Went back to the dealer this evening to go over some additional aspects of the car and the salesperson said that Bluecruise is currently disabled while Ford works out the kinks.
Sounded odd as my reading this forum this week did not mention that.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Went back to the dealer this evening to go over some additional aspects of the car and the salesperson said that Bluecruise is currently disabled while Ford works out the kinks.
Incorrect, follow the ignition cycle procedure ("Map Update Procedure") near the bottom of this TSB: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-free-driving-mode-no-longer-available.27494/

ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine worked yesterday. I'm in San Diego....

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Window stickers from both MMEs purchased from the dealership lot did not show 3yr subscriptions for BC. I did not recall learning about the subscriptions until I activated BC.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Correct. The Window Stickers only indicate the Nav is 3 years. Which I assume is map updates. The rest indicate it has been completely paid for on the 2022 models with the purchase of the car. Furthermore, no sales contract paperwork indicates BC is a pay-to-use feature..anywhere.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker? WindowStickerPremium4x
Sponsored