3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I have a job 2 2021 GTPE.

I just checked my window sticker again and it says I paid $1900 for Bluecruise Active 2.0.

Only thing that says “3 yrs” is my GPS Navigation.

Do later window stickers mention anything about Bluecruise only being 3 years? Just curious where this is in writing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker? IMG_8463
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
The $1,900 you are seeing is for the Co-Pilot 360, the Blue cruise reuires that and yes it is a three year subscription and as @Mach-Lee mentioned above you can check them online.

Tony

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check your BlueCruise expiration date here: http://ford.com/connectedservices
Thanks. Unfortunately doesn’t really help with the question.

All that info was AFTER the purchase.

I’m looking for anything that shows the 3 years before or at the purchase.

FWIW, here is what I see in the link. And clicking “manage” says nothing about the cost for the “trial” or cost to renew.

And I don’t see anything on my window sticker about it being a “trial.”
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker? IMG_8487

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The $1,900 you are seeing is for the Co-Pilot 360, the Blue cruise reuires that and yes it is a three year subscription and as @Mach-Lee mentioned above you can check them online.

Tony
Except that the window sticker clearly says “Bluecruise” next to the $1900.

Active 2.0, Bluecruise and 360 cameras were all a part of the $1900 package.

I’m just trying to see where 3 years is mentioned/advertised before the sale.

Mine was a job 2 where Ford raised the MSRP by $600 and it came loaded with the BC software, but I had to pay the $1900 for the hardware to get BC.

Here is where 3 years is clear on the Navigation-
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker? IMG_8488

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

FWIW, here is what I see in the link. And clicking “manage” says nothing about the cost for the “trial” or cost to renew.

You got 3 years included in the MSRP since it expires 3 years from your sale date. After it expires you’ll have to pay $800/yr.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Except that the window sticker clearly says “Bluecruise” next to the $1900.

Active 2.0, Bluecruise and 360 cameras were all a part of the $1900 package.

I’m just trying to see where 3 years is mentioned/advertised before the sale.

Mine was a job 2 where Ford raised the MSRP by $600 and it came loaded with the BC software, but I had to pay the $1900 for the hardware to get BC.

Here is where 3 years is clear on the Navigation-
Pretty sure the online ordering system at the time (I ordered May 2021) had a breakdown of the Bluecruise pricing and for my car (Premium) it listed Bluecruise as a $600 charge and it was listed as a 3yr subscription but my sticker only lists Bluecruise as "Included at no extra charge" but the actual order sheet at the dealer did show it as a three year subscription.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3 yrs of Bluecruise on window sticker? Sticker4online

Tony

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You got 3 years included in the MSRP since it expires 3 years from your sale date. After it expires you’ll have to pay $800/yr.
Yes, and we know that now as of today.

Still trying to see what was originally in writing and where.

Only thing I can find are old press releases when the price went up $600 and Ford “declined to comment on the price at renewal.”

Ford has a terrible track record with the Mach E and disclosures.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Yes, and we know that now as of today.

Still trying to see what was originally in writing and where.

Only thing I can find are old press releases when the price went up $600 and Ford “declined to comment on the price at renewal.”

Ford has a terrible track record with the Mach E and disclosures.
Oh they just decided this whenevers and changed the pricing, even retroactively for owners who purchased vehicles with representations that the pricing after the trial period would be much lower for BlueCruise. There also was no disclaimer that the pricing is subject to change at any time before the expiration of the trial period and before the renewal.

I agree with you that Ford definitely did not disclose the subscription term and pricing before you bought what you thought you bought.

If I were Ford's legal team, I would start thinking about how to properly disclose what "features" are actually subscriptions, and how much those subscriptions will cost when the free trial is up.

I wonder when we'll see the first class action lawsuits surrounding these practices, which seem unclear at best, and pretty sketchtastic at worst.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

Nowhere on my window sticker does it mention a trial subscription for BC either and I agree with your argument (and made it previously on a different thread). I finally backed down from my argument when someone showed me where you can find out online that BC is a three-year trial subscription (this was before the 2023.5 BC changes), though I've no way of knowing if it was disclosed anywhere that I might reasonably find prior to having purchased my 2022 GT in March last year. (I did read pretty much everything I could possibly find prior to my purchase, including the manual - Rick would be proud - but I never saw anywhere on a Ford site that BC was a trial.)

When the quoted renewal price was $200/yr I was willing to let it slide, but now that Ford is trying to quadruple it to $800/year, I think we should all raise holy hell. This feel highly deceptive.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nowhere on my window sticker does it mention a trial subscription for BC either and I agree with your argument (and made it previously on a different thread). I finally backed down from my argument when someone showed me where you can find out online that BC is a three-year trial subscription (this was before the 2023.5 BC changes), though I've no way of knowing if it was disclosed anywhere that I might reasonably find prior to having purchased my 2022 GT in March last year. (I did read pretty much everything I could possibly find prior to my purchase, including the manual - Rick would be proud - but I never saw anywhere on a Ford site that BC was a trial.)

When the quoted renewal price was $200/yr I was willing to let it slide, but now that Ford is trying to quadruple it to $800/year, I think we should all raise holy hell. This feel highly deceptive.
Yeah that’s kinda the point I’m making, but want to be sure I didn’t miss something where Ford disclosed it.

Kinda like the 5 second limit thing. We don’t find out the bad news until AFTER we buy the car.

But right now, let’s see if I have this right-

2021 job 1- $1900 for hardware, free BC 18 month trial, then $600 for 3 years ($2500 for 4.5 yrs)

2021 job 2- $1900 for hardware, $600 MSRP increase (NOT optional) 3 years BC trial, $2400 to renew 3 years ($2500 for 3 or $4900 for 6 years)

2022- same as 2021 job 2

2023- FREE hardware, $2400 optional for 3 yrs BC

Seems like it’s the worst deal for us 2021 job 2 and 2022 owners by far!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Yeah that’s kinda the point I’m making, but want to be sure I didn’t miss something where Ford disclosed it.

Kinda like the 5 second limit thing. We don’t find out the bad news until AFTER we buy the car.

But right now, let’s see if I have this right-

2021 job 1- $1900 for hardware, free BC 18 month trial, then $600 for 3 years ($2500 for 4.5 yrs)

2021 job 2- $1900 for hardware, $600 MSRP increase (NOT optional) 3 years BC trial, $2400 to renew 3 years ($2500 for 3 or $4900 for 6 years)

2022- same as 2021 job 2

2023- FREE hardware, $2400 optional for 3 yrs BC

Seems like it’s the worst deal for us 2021 job 2 and 2022 owners by far!
Agreed!

Wall-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
This can be potentially very important for those taking deliveries soon for those who ordered at the January price point but are now getting the reduced May pricing. The window sticker doesn't state anything different so how would you ensure you get 3 years of Bluecruise at the time of purchase?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
This can be potentially very important for those taking deliveries soon for those who ordered at the January price point but are now getting the reduced May pricing. The window sticker doesn't state anything different so how would you ensure you get 3 years of Bluecruise at the time of purchase?
Exactly. So a '23 with a build date in mid-March with a window sticker that simply says under the Functional column "BlueCruise 1.2" with no mention or breakout of pricing would mean that it comes with a BC 1.2 three year trial...or just a 90 day trial?

ca_jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Performance
Country flag
have a '22 Premium. On my winder sticker BC is listed as Standard Equipment "Included at No Extra Charge." Under Optional/Other Equipment: Ford Co-Pilot360 w/Active 2.0.

I've had the car 7 months and the first I heard that BC was a subscription was about a month ago, in these forums. I now see it listed as a 3-year subscription on my app. But that is besides the point as the app wasn't activated until after purchase. I have it in writing that I already paid for BC, and I will not pay for a subscription. I believe a court would agree I (we) don't have to.
I have a job 2 2021 GTPE.

I just checked my window sticker again and it says I paid $1900 for Bluecruise Active 2.0.

Only thing that says “3 yrs” is my GPS Navigation.

Do later window stickers mention anything about Bluecruise only being 3 years? Just curious where this is in writing.

I have a '22 Premium. On my winder sticker BC is listed as Standard Equipment "Included at No Extra Charge." Under Optional/Other Equipment section: Ford Co-Pilot360 w/Active 2.0.

I've had the car 7 months and the first I heard that BC was a subscription was about a month ago, in these forums. I now see it listed as a 3-year subscription on my app. But that is besides the point as the app wasn't activated until after purchase. I have it in writing that I already paid for BC, and I will not pay for a subscription. I believe a court would agree I (we) don't have to.