Direct from Ford's twitter account:

Sponsored

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Today, Ford announced the United States Environmental Protection Agency has certified range numbers for several variants of the all-electric 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
Ford has met all its targeted EPA-estimated range ratings for variants tested by the EPA to date. The premium extended-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles, while the extended-range all-wheel-drive model meets its targeted EPA-estimated 270-mile range. Standard-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated 230-mile estimate, while the standard-range all-wheel-drive model exceeds its 210 miles of targeted range, with 211 miles.
Mustang Mach-E (Targeted EPA-Estimated Range)Mustang Mach-E (Final EPA-estimated Range)
Standard-range RWD: 230 milesStandard-range RWD: 230 miles
Extended-range RWD: 300 milesExtended-range RWD: 300 miles
Standard-range eAWD: 210 milesStandard-range eAWD: 211 miles
Extended-range eAWD: 270 milesExtended-range eAWD: 270 miles

“This validation by the EPA comes at a perfect time as the Mustang Mach-E is gearing up to take on the open road,” said Darren Palmer, global director, Battery Electric Vehicles, Ford Motor Company.
The California Route 1 has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles1 which will be confirmed once EPA officials complete their tests.
Customer deliveries for the Mustang Mach-E will start in December in the United States.

###
1Based on full charge. Targeted range applies to an available configuration. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium ion battery age and state of health. California Route 1 final EPA-estimated ratings expected in the 2020 calendar year.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
with smaller wheels and an aero cover I was expecting it would get 315

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
fox business is here live. They should have a video today.
I saw one of their live shots. The reporter gave an overview while driving the course in the Mach-E. It was pretty good overall... until he threw it back to anchor who had to throw in, "It doesn't look like a Mustang."

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Today, Ford announced the United States Environmental Protection Agency has certified range numbers for several variants of the all-electric 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
Ford has met all its targeted EPA-estimated range ratings for variants tested by the EPA to date. The premium extended-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles, while the extended-range all-wheel-drive model meets its targeted EPA-estimated 270-mile range. Standard-range rear-wheel-drive Mustang Mach-E meets its targeted EPA-estimated 230-mile estimate, while the standard-range all-wheel-drive model exceeds its 210 miles of targeted range, with 211 miles.
Mustang Mach-E (Targeted EPA-Estimated Range)Mustang Mach-E (Final EPA-estimated Range)
Standard-range RWD: 230 milesStandard-range RWD: 230 miles
Extended-range RWD: 300 milesExtended-range RWD: 300 miles
Standard-range eAWD: 210 milesStandard-range eAWD: 211 miles
Extended-range eAWD: 270 milesExtended-range eAWD: 270 miles

“This validation by the EPA comes at a perfect time as the Mustang Mach-E is gearing up to take on the open road,” said Darren Palmer, global director, Battery Electric Vehicles, Ford Motor Company.
The California Route 1 has a targeted EPA-estimated range of 300 miles1 which will be confirmed once EPA officials complete their tests.
Customer deliveries for the Mustang Mach-E will start in December in the United States.

###
1Based on full charge. Targeted range applies to an available configuration. Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviors, vehicle maintenance, lithium ion battery age and state of health. California Route 1 final EPA-estimated ratings expected in the 2020 calendar year.
So, even though the Premium RWD Extended Range meets the 300 mile range target, how much will Ford 'limit' our battery for our usable range? Then, on top of that, I've seen some folks talking about limiting the battery charge to 90% of whatever that number is.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll hold my thoughts until people do real world tests to find the efficiency ratings (ie Bjorn) at 100 and 120 kmh (62 & 75 mph). I have a feeling the city rating will hold true but the highway is most likely overstated and real world range will be 15-20% lower in normal weather conditions.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I'll hold my thoughts until people do real world tests to find the efficiency ratings (ie Bjorn) at 100 and 120 kmh (62 & 75 mph). I have a feeling the city rating will hold true but the highway is most likely overstated and real world range will be 15-20% lower in normal weather conditions.
Oh how I can't wait........................... ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
With an heat pump too during canadian winters ;)
TBH I think heat pumps are more suited to Maryland winters than Canadian winters. Your winters are too cold for the heat pump much of the time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So, even though the Premium RWD Extended Range meets the 300 mile range target, how much will Ford 'limit' our battery for our usable range? Then, on top of that, I've seen some folks talking about limiting the battery charge to 90% of whatever that number is.
The ranges are based on usable battery so Ford won't limit that. 90% is the recommendation for daily charging, not when you really gotta go long. An occasional 100% won't hurt a thing.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The ranges are based on usable battery so Ford won't limit that. 90% is the recommendation for daily charging, not when you really gotta go long. An occasional 100% won't hurt a thing.
Especially if you drive it shortly after hitting 100%. They key thing is to not let it sit at a high state of charge for extended periods.
Sponsored