RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
***Note: I have a 2023 Select model in which I did not pay the $1900 subscription to Blue Cruise and 360° Camera at time of purchase.***

I have bitched about this many times, unhappy that Ford went the paywall trend and hid the 360° Camera behind a subscription service. It's installed hardware, big F you to any manufacturer who hides things like heated seats behind a subscription service fee.

My subscription has not yet run out for both Blue Cruise and 360° Camera, but today, I was pleased to see that my "trial" for the cameras was permanently extended* !!!

Of course, there's an asterisk, but still... This is one huge step forward in morals and ethics.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360° Degree Camera feature is now FREE! Free Trial Extended to Permanent*! Screenshot_2023-01-23-20-52-16-17_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647
Sponsored

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Is this for a '23 Select ?

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Do 2021 Selects come equipped with this?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I mean, if it helps them build vehicles quicker I don’t see the problem for paywalling features that others paid more for

OP
OP

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I mean, if it helps them build vehicles quicker I don’t see the problem for paywalling features that others paid more for
I don't understand this logic. They installed the hardware... and you're saying they should make activating installed hardware a subscription service... because...?

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
I don't understand this logic. They installed the hardware... and you're saying they should make activating installed hardware a subscription service... because...?
Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you get free access to it.

Like they said, it’s easier to build all vehicles the same but unlock features to those that paid for them. For example, a optional part may cost them $5 more to put on but the change over or keeping track of whether it was ordered or not on the production line is worth more than that $5. So they just put the part in all the vehicles and let the customer unlock them. Now multiply that across a ton of optional parts per vehicle and the simplicity gain increases.

This is where everything electronic is headed. Especially stuff that is strongly software related.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Because they can.

Honestly kinda shocked they’re giving it away.

And yeah, does kinda suck for those who paid for it.

I am happy paying for ice cream……. Until I find out everyone else gets their ice cream for FREE!

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I can understand anything they have to keep updating (like Blue Cruise/maps) or requires resources (if a dash cam option which uploads to cloud storage) would charge a fee, but they should just charge upfront 1 time for the 360 camera rather than a trial.

Not really a fan of nickle and dimeing customers. I guess I'll see what happens after Blue Cruise expires in 3 years. I'd probably not subscribe due to my limited driving overall and general dislike of having subscriptions, but I use it regularly.

OP
OP

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Permanently*. That asterisk is concerning, hopefully they don't go full elon with this.
Updated title lol

I can understand anything they have to keep updating (like Blue Cruise/maps) or requires resources (if a dash cam option which uploads to cloud storage) would charge a fee, but they should just charge upfront 1 time for the 360 camera rather than a trial.

Not really a fan of nickle and dimeing customers. I guess I'll see what happens after Blue Cruise expires in 3 years. I'd probably not subscribe due to my limited driving overall and general dislike of having subscriptions, but I use it regularly.
I'm right there with you. If you do use the Blue Cruise, it's likely going to be much cheaper than the initial Select subscription of $1900 / 3yr. We'll see when people start renewing the subscription but many are speculating it'll be about $200/yr. That seems reasonable enough. I should know very soon as my 3mo trial is set to end early March.
Sponsored