Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am new to the forum so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question.
My wife just purchased a used Mach E GT with less than 2500 miles on it.
This GT does not have the 360 degree cameras, just the rear camera. Does anyone know if adding the front cam and replacing the side mirrors with mirrors that have the cameras is a plug and play install?
Thanks,
MJ's Mach E's husband
Sponsored

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
The question is not really can it be done, it's how much are you willing to spend? 😂

Short answer, it's not plug and play. Long answer, you need harnesses, mirrors, front camera, new Image Processing Module (B, i think?) and so on. It would be cheaper to get a new car.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Pretty sure you wouldn’t get to lane keeping assist or BlueCruise though.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought about it and looked into it since Ford in their infinite wisdom wouldn’t let me buy the cameras for my GT-PE because i refuse to have a glass roof. Way too much stuff involved for too little benefit. I decided to shelf the idea. đŸ€ȘđŸ©

OP
OP

MJ's Mach E

First Name
Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The question is not really can it be done, it's how much are you willing to spend? 😂

Short answer, it's not plug and play. Long answer, you need harnesses, mirrors, front camera, new Image Processing Module (B, i think?) and so on. It would be cheaper to get a new car.
Thanks for the info.
I was hoping that the processing module was already there since the vehicle has the rear camera. So once all the parts are on hand, is there any programming needed.
And cost is relative. The MSRP on this GT was just shy of 70 grand so $1500 to $2000 is not out of the question for me.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I thought about it and looked into it since Ford in their infinite wisdom wouldn’t let me buy the cameras for my GT-PE because i refuse to have a glass roof. Way too much stuff involved for too little benefit. I decided to shelf the idea. đŸ€ȘđŸ©
Why the hate for the glass roof?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When I was looking for junkyard parts, they were a lot more than that. Yes, programming is involved. I believe options first have to be set in ForScan, then module updates through FDRS. đŸ€”đŸ©

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Thanks for the info.
I was hoping that the processing module was already there since the vehicle has the rear camera. So once all the parts are on hand, is there any programming needed.
And cost is relative. The MSRP on this GT was just shy of 70 grand so $1500 to $2000 is not out of the question for me.
there will definitely be programming. You won’t find any ford dealer to do it for You. You’d have to use tools like Forscan and do a LOT if comparing between vehicles that have the hardware. Not to mention the calibration. I have a feeling with the new image processing module and all the harness and cameras, you’re going to be close or over that $2k mark along with time invested.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
60 extra pounds over that of the metal roof. Somehow I don’t think that’s gonna affect things that much.
It’s all up high and that’s more than one percent of the vehicle weight. We used to jig up bolts to hollow out their heads to save grams. To each his or her own. đŸ€·â€â™‚ïžđŸ©

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
there will definitely be programming. You won’t find any ford dealer to do it for You. You’d have to use tools like Forscan and do a LOT if comparing between vehicles that have the hardware. Not to mention the calibration. I have a feeling with the new image processing module and all the harness and cameras, you’re going to be close or over that $2k mark along with time invested.
Over the winter, junkyard parts were over $5K. Way too much for something I will rarely use. đŸ˜±đŸ©

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
60 extra pounds over that of the metal roof. Somehow I don’t think that’s gonna affect things that much.
That’s a significant difference on a vehicle that weighs in excess of 4,500 lbs - most of which is about 8” off the ground 😀 that glass roof totally ruins the vehicle’s handling 😀
Sponsored