3700 miles and a I have a MAJOR problem.

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
We picked up our Grabber Blue California Route 1 Mustang on 24 February. We've had it for two months and have put 3700 miles on it.

I've now realized I have a major problem with this car that I haven't had with any other car I've owned.

I am making way too many excuses to drive it.

We usually put fewer than 12,000 miles a year on our non-work vehicles.
Extrapolating from ~1850 miles/month means I'm likely to put more than 20,000 miles per year on my Mustang.

PXL_20220309_004541185.jpg
Feel exactly the same way

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
We picked up our Grabber Blue California Route 1 Mustang on 24 February. We've had it for two months and have put 3700 miles on it.

I've now realized I have a major problem with this car that I haven't had with any other car I've owned.

Extrapolating from ~1850 miles/month means I'm likely to put more than 20,000 miles per year on my Mustang.

PXL_20220309_004541185.jpg
Interesting, I’m finding the Opposite problem!! The Family does not want to drive with me, all because of a few simple rules: no eating in the car, drinks have to be in an enclosed container that does Not produce condensation, feet belong on the floor (not on the seats or dash) & kicker is please close the door in such a way as not to leave your finger prints on my paint……. Let’s hope they keep driving with Mom!!!!

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ive owned mine for two months after a nine month wait.........
I find myself "needing to go somewhere" without the actual need to go anywhere

wallpaper.jpg
I have not been big fans of a lot the rim substitutions I’ve seen; but yours is the exception!!! Those look Great!!!

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Uh, well: my GT PE has 2,499 miles on the ole odometer since Aug 19, 2021, 8 1/2 months and only 2,500 miles.

Of course, it's been covered and tucked away in storage and maybe driven 25 miles since Thanksgiving. Been a very cold spring here in Iowa and not much of a chance to take it out on a nice day. It's the extra sports car, so use the Explorer ST as my daily driver. Forecast is not very warm - expect to start driving on nice days by mid-May, and miles will start accumulating until Oct/Nov.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 3700 miles and a I have a MAJOR problem. Storage Combined 3

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
We too would like to have this "problem". Our order was placed in August of 2021!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I bought out and sold my Mercedes C300 lease with 9850 miles on it after 3 years. I also have a feeling and a hope that I will drive the MME much more. I'm scheduled for production for May/June and already planning the first end of summer 600 miles road trip with the family. Weird, right?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am getting a lot less done at home…
it truly is a great drive. I’ve had some nice cars in my life and don’t recall feeling such joy with a car! There’s something about e-cars…..all the good things….great photo btw with the sunset!
That sounds like a great problem to have, Linda. So excited to hear you are enjoying your Mach-E!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
18700 since July 3rd. I think I'm going to blow through the factory warranty.
Yes. I will be buying the 8/100k or 8/125 warranty as soon as. I know I will not sell it.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E 3700 miles and a I have a MAJOR problem. Storage Combined 3
We agree, that is a good problem to have! Great picture and here's to many more adventures with your Mach-E!

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
With all the chatter on the interwebs about range and range anxiety it is fun to explain to others (including another Mach-E owner) that our Mach-E is a "travel car". Getting ready to take it on a 1,500+ mile trip. I used to fly for work all the time and am quite happy to to never get on another airplane ever again. And most happy to drive the Mach-E anywhere and everywhere!!

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
With all the chatter on the interwebs about range and range anxiety it is fun to explain to others (including another Mach-E owner) that our Mach-E is a "travel car". Getting ready to take it on a 1,500+ mile trip. I used to fly for work all the time and am quite happy to to never get on another airplane ever again. And most happy to drive the Mach-E anywhere and everywhere!!
This is exactly one of the things I'm looking forward to. I used to have a rule that if the drive was eight hours or less, I would drive rather than fly. I'm expanding that to 16 hours. If I can get to my destination with only one overnight stop, I'll drive. I will consider driving if I can make it with two overnight stops, but it will depend on the specific location.

It's easier than flying.
It's much, much more fun.
It's much, much cheaper.
It produces much, much less GHGs.
I can carry my entire kit for workshops instead of having to leave behind materials.
And I don't have to worry about whatever flu/cold/covid nasties the other passengers might be carrying.

Rudy Bega

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Nautilus, 21’ Rapid Red GTPE as of 2/14/22
Country flag
Interesting, I’m finding the Opposite problem!! The Family does not want to drive with me, all because of a few simple rules: no eating in the car, drinks have to be in an enclosed container that does Not produce condensation, feet belong on the floor (not on the seats or dash) & kicker is please close the door in such a way as not to leave your finger prints on my paint……. Let’s hope they keep driving with Mom!!!!
😁

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I bought out and sold my Mercedes C300 lease with 9850 miles on it after 3 years. I also have a feeling and a hope that I will drive the MME much more. I'm scheduled for production for May/June and already planning the first end of summer 600 miles road trip with the family. Weird, right?
We planned a 2500 mile road trip to start the day after we were scheduled to pick up the Mustang. Then another spike in COVID happened and we cancelled the trip (it was a work conference and I would have been indoors with a thousand people for 8-14 hours every day for a week). So, instead, two weeks or so after we got it, we took it on a 1400 mile road trip to visit some family.

I had the 2500 mile road trip planned by the time we'd received the "Order Accepted" email.
Sponsored