Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I agree that bug fixes for obvious things (e.g. profile) have taken way too long. There is no rational defense for taking two years + to fix common problems....

I don't want any games... please focus on reliability.

At the same time, I'm glad to see the UI changes...
I'm glad to see it rolling out, and I really do hope some major concerns have been addressed. They've been working on this new UI for the greater part of a year, and I assume bug fixes along with it as a "big, all encompassing update". I'm just hoping that it was worth the wait.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Honestly this update will make or break the car for me. If my constant issues aren’t fixed, I’m giving up. For clarity, I’ve had the vehicle for almost 2 years.
I understand, be prepared though. This is a UI update, not a bug-squashing effort per se.

I do hope you're not disappointed in the results though

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Random Destination upon start up........Check
You should be able to turn this off in the native nav settings. There's something like my trips or suggestions or something that you can turn off.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I just checked the JSON for my car:
deploymentCreationDate: 2023-01-04…
deploymentExpirationTime: 2023-01-01…
otaTriggerExpirationTime: 2022-12-23…
So, theoretically, this evening or tomorrow, I should be getting even MORE games in Sync. I can’t wait 🙄

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
I never said anything about Tesla, and I know that PaaK isn't just Bluetooth.

I'm not going to argue.

When I say "it's not hard", everyone is taking it out of context. What I'm saying is, "these things should have been resolved by now, especially after almost 2 years".
Hate to break it to ya, but no, you said two weeks

Hate to break it to ya, but it shouldn’t take them more than two weeks to fix these issues, let alone years.
I'm personally glad Ford isn't operating like a mom-and-pop software shop and treating annoyingly-slow PaaK as something they need to fix in two weeks (and therefore possibly break worse). Agreed it should be better by now, though (and it's criminal some folks don't have frunk release).

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Agree, who cares about games? Fix my profile issue, get me rear hatch release on the main page and frunk opening on my key fob and I will be happy.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
So, theoretically, this evening or tomorrow, I should be getting even MORE games in Sync. I can’t wait 🙄
Had nearly the same "otaTriggerExpirationTime:" but it was for 4.1.1, which failed. Seems like those of us that had 4.1.1 fail may have to wait longer as 4.1.2 is pushed.:mad:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I forget where to find that now

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I did get the update this morning. I only noticed after I started my car as I was about to leave my gym’s parking lot. There was no notification in the app when I left home this morning.

All in all, the settings menu seems to be much faster.
Are you in the EAP? If so, I wonder if folks have a general idea of how long it typically takes for a major update to move from early access program cars to regular cars?

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Howdy Folks, as a Software Engineer, I felt the need to make a comment here.... I would concur that taking 2+ years to fix a bug is ridiculous, but at the same time we are talking about a vehicle, not a computer on your desk, or your phone. It is critical that some systems within the Ford software work 100% of the time to allow the vehicle to operate safely. If a bug or feature that folks ask for has some interaction (either by design or another bug) with a critical component, they have to make sure that the fix, doesn't adversely interact or affect the critical component. Somebody already mentioned it in this thread, about how they would rather have the Ford battle-tested hardware used vices consumer rated components, and this is for the same reason.

The other piece of this, is the Early Access program, and this is something I cannot be sure about, as I have no experience with it, but can make an educated guess. I would assume (you know what happens when you assume....) that when you sign up for EA, you have to agree to some potential grief that could be caused by early software builds Still, Ford has to be careful what they change even here, to make sure safety and reliability of critical components is not compromised.

Again, taking two years to fix an issue is ridiculous, but as none of us in here (at least I can be sure of this for myself) have no idea how the Software development component of Ford works, and there could be (understandable) reasons for the delays in fixes. I would also not be surprised if Ford outsources much of their software development, rather than have a full-time staff working on this. For this effort to succeed, Ford absolutely needs to pull the development of their vehicle systems in-house. If another manufacturer (outside of Tesla, which I understand already do this) figures this out before Ford, we may all be driving another brand of EV.....

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Ford.com Dashboard...right click...Inspect...Network...refresh
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners 1672855933431
I didn't think this worked anymore? Mine is just nothing but Internal Server Errors on the /ota/status requests:

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners 1672856365659

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
You should be able to turn this off in the native nav settings. There's something like my trips or suggestions or something that you can turn off.
No, it's not the suggested trip that pops up. It will just generate a random destination out of the blue. Not often but often enough to be annoying

Bratapfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
[...] If another manufacturer (outside of Tesla, which I understand already do this) figures this out before Ford, we may all be driving another brand of EV.....
Well this is exactly what Volkswagen tries for years already, however faces huges problems and had to delay quite a significant number of vehicles in their lineup.

Note that it's also not easy to find good personnel and pay their well deserved salary in Software Engineering these days
Sponsored