TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
You should have 2 key fobs. That was resolved a few months ago. Communications is tough too. Ever hear the expression “over promise and underdeliver”? I think Ford is really trying to avoid that trap after the Frunk disaster.
Should have 2 keys!?!?!?!? When did this happen? I only have 1 and have not been told I could get another without paying extra for it
Sponsored

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I didn't think this worked anymore? Mine is just nothing but Internal Server Errors on the /ota/status requests:

1672856365659.png
I did stop working as you describe a while back, but has been restored. Clear cache, maybe?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Does this possibly come with a fix to the profile bug that was still around when OTAs started before the holidays or did they just resume the roll out and this bug is still around? Hopefully it is fixed... If that gets resolved, and it seems CarPlay has been resolved with this update, I'll be one happy camper!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Well this is exactly what Volkswagen tries for years already, however faces huges problems and had to delay quite a significant number of vehicles in their lineup.

Note that it's also not easy to find good personnel and pay their well deserved salary in Software Engineering these days
Yeah I think others don’t know how bad the VW software has been compared to MME, they don’t even have OTAs yet

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag
I believe a big part of the challenge fixing the bugs is that not everyone has them and/or they are specific to particular builds or vehicle instances. I for example do not have most of the problems listed by others here. The bugs that are hard to reproduce and specific to certain users where the device (vehicle in this case) is not easily accessible to the developers makes it very hard to diagnose and fix.

For other usability changes I would hope they are using a UX expert to design the interface but doesn't seem like it based on the original design at least.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Are you in the EAP? If so, I wonder if folks have a general idea of how long it typically takes for a major update to move from early access program cars to regular cars?
Yes I’m in EAP. I have been wondering the same thing myself, in regards to how long it takes most non-EAP to get the updates after EAP people.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hate to break it to ya, but no, you said two weeks

I'm personally glad Ford isn't operating like a mom-and-pop software shop and treating annoyingly-slow PaaK as something they need to fix in two weeks (and therefore possibly break worse). Agreed it should be better by now, though (and it's criminal some folks don't have frunk release).
The funny thing about the PAAK issues, which i experience from time to time, is that being on this forum you’d think that Ford’s PAAK problems are worse than other automakers.

But whoo boy….yesterday I read a review on Motortrend about Rivian’s PAAK for MT’s long term Rivian, and I think based on that review, Rivian’s PAAK issues has Ford’s PAAK issues beat.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I believe a big part of the challenge fixing the bugs is that not everyone has them and/or they are specific to particular builds or vehicle instances. I for example do not have most of the problems listed by others here. The bugs that are hard to reproduce and specific to certain users where the device (vehicle in this case) is not easily accessible to the developers makes it very hard to diagnose and fix.

For other usability changes I would hope they are using a UX expert to design the interface but doesn't seem like it based on the original design at least.
This is what I keep coming to when I see the posts about some of these bugs. The problem is that as you said some of these bugs could just be specific to the combination of vehicle, user’s phone and phone software and other environmental factors.

It’s easier, I’m assuming for the software engineers to fix bugs that are easily repeatable and somewhat wide spread .

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah I think others don’t know how bad the VW software has been compared to MME, they don’t even have OTAs yet
^^This. And VW’s in-house software team Cariad is starting at square one again after they scraped the new software they were working bc of whatever issues they had discovered.

I understand that some of the bugs we’ve experienced with the Mach seem like they should have been fixed long ago…….and some of them should have been……but software isn’t easy and these problems seems to hit a variety of cars and people.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Had nearly the same "otaTriggerExpirationTime:" but it was for 4.1.1, which failed. Seems like those of us that had 4.1.1 fail may have to wait longer as 4.1.2 is pushed.:mad:
Sorry, I should have said that mine was for 4.1.2

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yea, tried that and another browser with no luck.
My first time trying this out, and I found I had to add a few more steps to Rick's directions. The "ota" filter isn't needed but it helps, but I found that by default my Chrome was on "Headers" but once I poked around I found that selecting "Preview" shows the bullets he intended folks to expand.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners 1672861453391

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My first time trying this out, and I found I had to add a few more steps to Rick's directions. The "ota" filter isn't needed but it helps, but I found that by default my Chrome was on "Headers" but once I poked around I found that selecting "Preview" shows the bullets he intended folks to expand.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4.1.2 OTA pushes to Early Access Mach-E owners 1672861453391
Yea, I've used it in the past when it worked for me, but the SS I posted is all I get previewing it. It makes many requests to load the OTA data, but all fail with the "Interal Server Error".