4/10/23 Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
YES! I love the glass roof. I ended up putting in a shade though - the sun is just too bright in the summer. I didn't notice that the car was hotter, just that the sun was reflecting off my phone screen and things I put on the passenger seat, and bothering my eyes!
In regard to brightness, I found the opposite. I hardly notice the sun overhead. No shade for me. I am at the 45th parallel, so a much different sun angle.

I can still hardly believe it's finally here and I get to drive it instead of just dreaming about it! :D
Sponsored

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
In regard to brightness, I found the opposite. I hardly notice the sun overhead. No shade for me. I am at the 45th parallel, so a much different sun angle.

I can still hardly believe it's finally here and I get to drive it instead of just dreaming about it! :D
The sun here is like a laser. It's crazy. We go to the lake most weekends, so getting to see the night sky 60 miles from the city lights might win out, though.

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
Hope everyone is enjoying their rides! (Post dealer interactions) Iā€™m not sure I need the sunshade here either but I canā€™t wait to get my reward points to order the floor mats. I also need to decide how Iā€™m going to attach my front plate bracket, we unfortunately require front plates in Missouri. Also looking into splash guards. Thatā€™s about all I think I want to add to mine

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Hope everyone is enjoying their rides! (Post dealer interactions) Iā€™m not sure I need the sunshade here either but I canā€™t wait to get my reward points to order the floor mats. I also need to decide how Iā€™m going to attach my front plate bracket, we unfortunately require front plates in Missouri. Also looking into splash guards. Thatā€™s about all I think I want to add to mine
They are required in Minnesota, too. The dealer put the front bracket on, which is standard practice here. Yours doesn't?

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
They are required in Minnesota, too. The dealer put the front bracket on, which is standard practice here. Yours doesn't?
They normally would but because I picked it up so quickly they didnā€™t. The salesperson asked if I wanted them to do it and I declined. I recalled some discussions of people using some other options around the forums. I got a little lucky as I hadnā€™t discussed it ahead of time. They wasted no time slapping their dealer sticker thing on the back though. Haha

larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
My cyber orange Premium RWD SR MME was delivered to the dealer yesterday. Have plans to pick it up on Friday. It took 42 days for delivery from Mexico.

Ordered 1/5/23.
Built 4/17/23 (59th anniversary of the Mustang! Maybe there'll be a special emblem somewhere on the vehicle, ha ha ha.)
Shipped 4/18/23.
Arrived Kansas City 5/4/23.
Left KC on Norfolk Southern 5/9/23.
Went through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, back to Ohio, down through West Virginia, Virginia, finally to North Carolina.
Arrived Winston Salem 5/20/23.
Unloaded from rail car 5/22/23.
Trucked from Winston Salem to Huntersville 5/30/23. This is the original latest delivery estimate made when it was shipped. Like everyone else it changed several times, last estimate was June 6.

Salesman did not have any pricing info last night when he called. I told him about the February MSRP decrease, the current window sticker online reflects this. Didn't yet mention the May $2K offer, I'll get those details worked out today I hope.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Good luck! I'm headed to the dealer to pick mine up in about an hour.
Order Date: 10/12/2022
In Production: 4/18/2023
Shipped: 4/26/2023
Received at KC: 5/3/2023
Arrived Winston Salem rail yard: 5/24/2023
Arrived at dealership: 5/29/2023

34 days in shipping

Last edited:

VoiceOfBrendan

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Radio/Voiceover
Country flag
OK, now I'm getting ticked off. (Not at you folks who got your MMEs, I'm ecstatic for you!) My MME arrived at Winston-Salem on 5/1 and hasn't moved at all since. Dealership is one hour away.

Figured it was a trucking issue. Who knows at this point.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I already got 22,000 reward points - much faster than I was expecting. Maybe a week after delivery.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
They normally would but because I picked it up so quickly they didnā€™t. The salesperson asked if I wanted them to do it and I declined. I recalled some discussions of people using some other options around the forums. I got a little lucky as I hadnā€™t discussed it ahead of time. They wasted no time slapping their dealer sticker thing on the back though. Haha
It probably wasn't even off the truck when they branded it.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Which dealer if I may ask? Because I'm picking mine up in Durham.
Crossroads Ford of Wake Forest. In the end, it all worked out. I opted for their window tinting ($200), but not the SurfaceCARE.

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I got to see an F150 Lightning while I was there. It was the XLT model (one step above the pro, below the Lariat), which does not have the 15" touchscreen and has cloth seats. I think there was a few $k ADM, with a sale price around $66k.
Cheaper than the F150 Raptor at almost $100k šŸ˜²
Sponsored