larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
Finally got a change to the last updated date. It now says last updated 5/1. But no other changes. Anyone else see any updates?
I've seen no changes since 4/22. Ford chat tells me mine is still in Laredo. But your update to 5/1 might mean a movement, you should chat with them.
Sponsored

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
I've seen no changes since 4/22. Ford chat tells me mine is still in Laredo. But your update to 5/1 might mean a movement, you should chat with them.
I’ll try that today in between meetings! When you chat with them, where are you doing that? Under the support and service and just put in whatever let’s you get to an agent?

larryk

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium on order
Country flag
I’ll try that today in between meetings! When you chat with them, where are you doing that? Under the support and service and just put in whatever let’s you get to an agent?
Under Support and Service there is a Contact Us link. One of the choices is Chat. Just tell them you want to know the rail car number and location of an MME that you have ordered.

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got finished with the chat and it looks like I'm finally at the dreaded Ramp 6R in Kansas City! So close I could drive to it and back today if I were able! haha.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
No movement on mine since 4/22. And now I'm grumpy that the 23.5s will be cheaper.

There's a 2022 CA R1 for $55,000 locally, with 11k miles. I might go look at it tonight. I'm in my head, and having second thoughts about the MME, going electric, the size (do I need a bigger vehicle?), etc. I'm such an instant gratification person, and this 6.5 month wait is making me very angsty.

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No movement on mine since 4/22. And now I'm grumpy that the 23.5s will be cheaper.

There's a 2022 CA R1 for $55,000 locally, with 11k miles. I might go look at it tonight. I'm in my head, and having second thoughts about the MME, going electric, the size (do I need a bigger vehicle?), etc. I'm such an instant gratification person, and this 6.5 month wait is making me very angsty.
I don’t remember your config but I’m sort of feeling similarly, both about the build I’m getting vs this second half of the year and other things like is it the right time to go electric, and all that. I’m just going to hope that what I ordered is good enough for the time I have it.

I hope you get to a decision you’re happy with! It’s such a hard decision to make when it’s this much money and this much of a crucial part of your life!

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I don’t remember your config but I’m sort of feeling similarly, both about the build I’m getting vs this second half of the year and other things like is it the right time to go electric, and all that. I’m just going to hope that what I ordered is good enough for the time I have it.

I hope you get to a decision you’re happy with! It’s such a hard decision to make when it’s this much money and this much of a crucial part of your life!
The purchase feels a little extravagant to me - I saw the MME, wanted it, waited til we could afford it, sold my old car, started driving our back up, and placed the order. I've been so excited until a couple months ago, when the pricing games started, and then went way past the anticipated delivery date. Since I ordered, our kiddo has grown, we're taking our dogs with us more often, and they're all scrunched in the back seat of the F150 when we all go anywhere together. Which makes me not sure if I'm making the right choice - I think the MME would be fine for all of us for a several hundred mile drive, but the EV charging would be a pain for a longer trip. Day to day, it will be my car - 20-70 miles on average, Level 2 charger in the garage, hubby no longer gets an earful when the sprinklers leave spots on my car, because the MME would FIT in the garage.

I guess the long wait (will be 7 months by the time I take delivery), coupled with the pricing roller coaster, has me wondering if the smarter choice would be a traditional ICE SUV - more room, no range anxiety. I'm generally a lease person, but it doesn't sound like that's a great option for the MME. So what happens if I like the car, but quickly realize I should have gone with a bigger SUV, and then I'm stuck because the damn thing is so upside down in value? That wouldn't happen if I bought a certified preowned Explorer or Highlander or Pilot.

Hubby is probably going to toss me to the curb. :) The MME being an EV has never been a factor - I just fell in love with the car.

I think I'll probably wait until closer to delivery, see what Ford says about the pricing for a 2023 ordered in 2022, not yet delivered, and then decide. I know one of the directors at the dealership, so I may also test drive an Explorer, and have him show me #s for both. And in the meantime, I'll see what low mileage used ones do - maybe I'd be better off picking up one of those, if the price is right.

MME is a Star White Premium SR RWD

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The purchase feels a little extravagant to me - I saw the MME, wanted it, waited til we could afford it, sold my old car, started driving our back up, and placed the order. I've been so excited until a couple months ago, when the pricing games started, and then went way past the anticipated delivery date. Since I ordered, our kiddo has grown, we're taking our dogs with us more often, and they're all scrunched in the back seat of the F150 when we all go anywhere together. Which makes me not sure if I'm making the right choice - I think the MME would be fine for all of us for a several hundred mile drive, but the EV charging would be a pain for a longer trip. Day to day, it will be my car - 20-70 miles on average, Level 2 charger in the garage, hubby no longer gets an earful when the sprinklers leave spots on my car, because the MME would FIT in the garage.

I guess the long wait (will be 7 months by the time I take delivery), coupled with the pricing roller coaster, has me wondering if the smarter choice would be a traditional ICE SUV - more room, no range anxiety. I'm generally a lease person, but it doesn't sound like that's a great option for the MME. So what happens if I like the car, but quickly realize I should have gone with a bigger SUV, and then I'm stuck because the damn thing is so upside down in value? That wouldn't happen if I bought a certified preowned Explorer or Highlander or Pilot.

Hubby is probably going to toss me to the curb. :) The MME being an EV has never been a factor - I just fell in love with the car.

I think I'll probably wait until closer to delivery, see what Ford says about the pricing for a 2023 ordered in 2022, not yet delivered, and then decide. I know one of the directors at the dealership, so I may also test drive an Explorer, and have him show me #s for both. And in the meantime, I'll see what low mileage used ones do - maybe I'd be better off picking up one of those, if the price is right.

MME is a Star White Premium SR RWD
I understand now! Your situation makes a ton of sense!

I’ll be asking my dealership about the new pricing so we’ll see how that goes.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
That may ultimately be what makes my decision - whether there's any price incentive to purchase it. Even if they threw in an extended warranty and some wheel/tire coverage, I'd probably feel good about the purchase. If I'm honest, I'd probably let them powder coat the wheels and apply PPF, because I'm a sucker for a clean white car with black wheels.

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
That may ultimately be what makes my decision - whether there's any price incentive to purchase it. Even if they threw in an extended warranty and some wheel/tire coverage, I'd probably feel good about the purchase. If I'm honest, I'd probably let them powder coat the wheels and apply PPF, because I'm a sucker for a clean white car with black wheels.
I dont know what you're talking about. ;) (I do.. I've been double guessing this whole 6+ month wait time).

My friend, who was in the market for an EV, is already enjoying his Ioniq 5 for the last 6 months, while Im here waiting.

My situation is a little different than yours. I always wanted the MME. I fell in love with the car the first time I saw it. I was stuck in a Bolt lease, that should have ended Sept this year, and I was actually planning on ordering around this time. But, my decision was hastened due to the Bolt being in a minor accident (I only went over the curb to avoid someone who had come into my lane) and the wheel popping off the base. Long story short, insurance totaled the car, and I have been driving short term rentals (3-4 days per week) to go to work. And, I can't wait to get my hands on MY OWN MME.

Yeah, its a little pricey, but I have been in 3 leases (Leaf/Bolt/Bolt) and I thought I wanted to finally buy my own EV. And now here we are, about 3 weeks or a little bit more before I get to drive it. :D

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
I just got noticed today that my MachE had shipped…called my dealer and apparently it’s already on a train car and supposed to arrive in a week or so. Now I need to figure out how to track the vehicle.

My order went in on January 2, so I hope
that Ford will give me a private offer with an adjustment down to the new list price. We shall see…it’s too early to speculate.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I just got noticed today that my MachE had shipped…called my dealer and apparently it’s already on a train car and supposed to arrive in a week or so. Now I need to figure out how to track the vehicle.

My order went in on January 2, so I hope
that Ford will give me a private offer with an adjustment down to the new list price. We shall see…it’s too early to speculate.
Agree - I think we have to give Ford time to make whatever announcements they may have planned , or not. I don't think Tesla did anything for their customers who purchased prior to the price drops, and Ford didn't have to last time.

I will be bummed - and might walk away - if there's no consideration for the price drop when mine arrives. $4k decrease plus the rest of the tax credit we lost is significant. I won't reorder though - not waiting another 6+ months.

In other news, I went to a dealership last night to look at a MME on the lot. While there, i also looked at a Pilot and a Passport (liked both, and either may be a better fit for me). MME had a $5k ADM, and the others were at least $3k, plus a bunch of dealer nonsense tacked on. Las Vegas is nuts.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Agree - I think we have to give Ford time to make whatever announcements they may have planned , or not. I don't think Tesla did anything for their customers who purchased prior to the price drops, and Ford didn't have to last time.

I will be bummed - and might walk away - if there's no consideration for the price drop when mine arrives. $4k decrease plus the rest of the tax credit we lost is significant. I won't reorder though - not waiting another 6+ months.

In other news, I went to a dealership last night to look at a MME on the lot. While there, i also looked at a Pilot and a Passport (liked both, and either may be a better fit for me). MME had a $5k ADM, and the others were at least $3k, plus a bunch of dealer nonsense tacked on. Las Vegas is nuts.
You may want to order out of state and have one delivered. There are several NorCal dealers without ADM. I don’t know if that extends to out of state sales. However, I’ve seen on this forums many others buy MachEs across state lines and ship the car to their home state for much less than $3k.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My update from Ford chat today is that my car is in Junction Point (Kansas City Southern Railway) in Laredo.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
You may want to order out of state and have one delivered. There are several NorCal dealers without ADM. I don’t know if that extends to out of state sales. However, I’ve seen on this forums many others buy MachEs across state lines and ship the car to their home state for much less than $3k.
I can't believe they're selling with ADM. Just a tactic to make the buyer feel like they got a good deal when they agree to remove it to get the deal done? I don't know. The car biz here has always been shady AF. I used to have family in the business, so generally go see someone we know. I really liked the Passport, but went there to check out the cargo and back seat space in the MME, because it was close to home (CR1 listed at $55k online, but window sticker said Just Reduced! to $60k). Luckily, the dealer I ordered the MME with did not add ADM (another one here had $10k added into the Ford.com order).
Sponsored