4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer .

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
So I'm one of the the folks that got the extra incentive from Ford, but I can't get anyone at Ford to let me know if my ETA will hold or just where my vehicle is (Mexico, KC or Dearborn for example) as this affects whether that ETA is realistic which is all I want to know. I want the company for which I am a customer to let me know if their generated ETA is accurate. (my lease runs up 4/5/21). I've been patient and not asked much but to know what is going on. I don't even need to know the problem despite wanting to know.

Long story short, I put an order in for a Polestar 2 which gives Ford two weeks to actually tell me what is going on and when I might get my MME. Basically all I am asking for from Ford is basic customer service so I can make an informed decision. If they won't do that then I'll move on. I can always try the MME later. I hope it works out, but sadly I've reached the point where I don't have a lot of faith left that it will.
Sponsored

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
I wonder if this is why I haven’t gotten my build date yet. Ordered 2/4/21 and when I went to test drive last week, the dealer assumed I had already gotten a date by then...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wonder if this is why I haven’t gotten my build date yet. Ordered 2/4/21 and when I went to test drive last week, the dealer assumed I had already gotten a date by then...
The reason you haven’t gotten a build date yet is that you only ordered a month ago.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
The reason you haven’t gotten a build date yet is that you only ordered a month ago.
Interesting. Sounds like the timeline they quoted me was, shall we say, “optimistic.” ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. Sounds like the timeline they quoted me was, shall we say, “optimistic.” ?
Yup. Most dealers base their timing assumptions on what they’ve experienced with other vehicles. The Mach-E launch is much different. For reference, the last batch of build dates were assigned last week and are scheduled out as far as May 31st. Some of those orders were placed in September and October of 2020. I reserved in December of 2019 and don’t have the car yet.

burtonhen

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SW Mach-e Select AWD
Country flag
Yup. Most dealers base their timing assumptions on what they’ve experienced with other vehicles. The Mach-E launch is much different. For reference, the last batch of build dates were assigned last week and are scheduled out as far as May 31st. Some of those orders were placed in September and October of 2020. I reserved in December of 2019 and don’t have the car yet.
Wow. Yeah, I’d been kind of going off expecting to have the car in Aug/Sept. But it sounds like it may arrive with Santa...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. Yeah, I’d been kind of going off expecting to have the car in Aug/Sept. But it sounds like it may arrive with Santa...
Fall is probably still a possibility if things pick up and they stop running into new delays.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Agreed -- it's exactly that. I ordered in September, and my dealer said we'd have it by January ?
They're just going off of their typical new car order-delivery patterns, which don't apply here, for now

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
I would think if you don't get an email that you're ok, but at this stage who the hell knows.
I'm in the same boat, scheduled this week with a estimated build date of 3/4. Checked on the tracker earlier in the week, it showed delivery of 4/9. Checked a few days later, showing DELIVERY ETA N/A. Looks like a longer wait. Ordered through dealer, not online.

DaveHsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
I'm in the same boat, scheduled this week with a estimated build date of 3/4. Checked on the tracker earlier in the week, it showed delivery of 4/9. Checked a few days later, showing DELIVERY ETA N/A. Looks like a longer wait. Ordered through dealer, not online.
Same here with the 2/28 scheduled build. The tracker now says build data of 3/5 (yesterday) but the delivery date has disappeared. It previously showed 4/15.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My ETA date was March 3 and the tracker shows the entire transaction completed. My Ford account says the car is ready at the dealer and the next step is purchase. Trouble is the car isn’t there. No updated delivery date, because all systems show its complete.

My dealer is not interested in looking into this so I guess I’m expected to wait it out.
There are probably others who could better respond to you, but I will give it a try. Your Ford Tracker is usually the last to update. If it is showing already at the dealer ready for purchase, the dealer needs to walk his lot and find it. If they claim to never have received your car, Ford should have a record of where it was delivered, call them directly. I would also ask to talk with the General Manager or dealership Owner, no one lower than that. If they refuse, you could always ask loudly, "Did you steal my special order?" They have tools to find out exactly where it has been, when it was delivered, and whether they have sold it out from under you without notifying you. Take your screen print of the Ford Tracker with you, and a friend. Note: I am sometimes a trouble-maker!

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Mine just changed from 3/18 to 3/25 to N/A today (might have been yesterday as that was the first time I haven’t checked in probably 3 months). Although I love how it still says 19 days. And I noticed they changed the tracker back to simply just requiring the VIN and not the order number.

C50F00FA-958C-4418-B781-C220918416FE.png

StrWhtMME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Electric Focus. 21 MME Prm SR, 23 Maverick
Country flag
Just read the safety recall for certain Mustang Mach E vehicles due to, check and re torque front sub-fame bolts that might not have been tighten properly or to the proper torque specs. Build dates Jan 21 - Feb 15. Related or not to delays unknown, but it's out there.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
My order date is around the same time as yours. I had an early reservation but didn’t convert it into an order until i could drive the MME. My dealer said end of July but after being on this forum, that doesn’t sound possible. My lease is up in august so I may need a plan B car.

HRT_Florida913

First Name
Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I need advise from you guys, please. This will be my first EV and I am very excited about it. I 'just' ordered my MME Feb 7th, of course I do not have a built date yet. My dealer said I should have the car in 8 - 12 weeks, that is more then wish full thinking and seems impossible to me. HOWEVER, the dealer has several Premiums in different colors with AWD , ER coming in in the next few weeks, they are in KC. They offered me one of those, as the original customer backed out. While I would LOVE to get my car ASAP ( same price, same details, maybe different color), I am a little hesitant to make a mistake and receive an early build with lots of issues. If I wait until God knows when, I may get a better car? Am I paranoid and overthinking it? Would you just jump on the offer?
Sponsored