4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer .

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer for vehicles after another delay
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

No, the email is not fake.
Andrew Frick, Ford vice president of sales for the U.S. and Canada, did write and send an email to 4,500 customers on Tuesday saying their all-electric vehicles would be delayed.
The "quality check" delay will last up to 30 days, though the "team is working to reduce that time," Ford spokeswoman Emma Bergg told the Free Press on Wednesday.
Customer delivery dates vary due to customer locations; all of these are in North America, she said.
"Quality is a top priority," she said. "Delivery timing of approximately 4,500 Mustang Mach-Es is being extended as part of our commitment to deliver a quality vehicle to customers."
Ford will provide an additional 250 kilowatt-hours of free charging on the FordPass Charging Network for this delivery delay. In addition, Ford will offer up to $1,000 or cover the first month’s car payment for approximately 250 customers experiencing extended delays receiving their Mustang Mach-E, Bergg said.
"We're trying to do the right thing," she said.
e641971-16af-4737-8958-8067dd23f85f-Image_of_Misty.jpg

Ford declined to discuss reasons for the current delay.
The company previously confirmed Mach-E delivery delays for quality review, as first reported by the Free Press in mid-January. Some of these latest delays include those previously reported, Bergg said.
34472a9d-c815-4ce9-8df4-170f701fb117-MachE2.jpg

A Mach-E online forum initially buzzed with questions about the letter, asking if it was real.
The email sent to the Free Press by a customer, and also posted on MachEForum.com, is excerpted below:
Thank you for putting your trust in Ford Motor Company and for taking the first step toward an electrified future, with the order of your Mustang Mach-E. We are all so excited to have you as a customer and believe you deserve an excellent shopping and ownership experience.
This is why we want to take a moment to update you on some of the challenges we’ve faced in meeting demand and delivery timing for the Mustang Mach-E. We continue to build and ship vehicles every day, but we’re doing so with a meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality. Your vehicle timing was impacted by one of these quality checks.
We know you are anxious to get driving and experience the 0-60 thrills, zero emissions and more from the Mustang Mach-E. Because we believe that customers should be treated like family, we are providing you an additional 250 kWh1 of complimentary DC fast charging on us.
Your Mustang Mach-E comes with 250 kWh and you will have an additional 250 kWh for a total of 500 kWh of complimentary charging at Electrify America fast charging stations on the FordPass Charging Network2.
Thank you for choosing the Mustang Mach-E. We know you can hardly wait to get on the road, and we are excited to have you as a part of our Mustang family.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Is there any way to find out if this impacts a car not ordered online? I bought my Mach E from dealer stock, but it hadn't been delivered, it was in transit. So, I don't have an order on ford.com but it's not here yet

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm confused.

I read that email 10 times and I don't see where it says anything about more delays in the future. Did I miss something?

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer for vehicles after another delay
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Andrew Frick, Ford vice president of sales for the U.S. and Canada, did write and send an email to 4,500 customers on Tuesday saying their all-electric vehicles would be delayed.
The "quality check" delay will last up to 30 days, though the "team is working to reduce that time," Ford spokeswoman Emma Bergg told the Free Press on Wednesday.
Customer delivery dates vary due to customer locations; all of these are in North America, she said.
"Quality is a top priority," she said. "Delivery timing of approximately 4,500 Mustang Mach-Es is being extended as part of our commitment to deliver a quality vehicle to customers."
Ford will provide an additional 250 kilowatt-hours of free charging on the FordPass Charging Network for this delivery delay. In addition, Ford will offer up to $1,000 or cover the first month’s car payment for approximately 250 customers experiencing extended delays receiving their Mustang Mach-E, Bergg said.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer . 34472a9d-c815-4ce9-8df4-170f701fb117-MachE2

The company previously confirmed Mach-E delivery delays for quality review, as first reported by the Free Press in mid-January. Some of these latest delays include those previously reported, Bergg said.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer . 34472a9d-c815-4ce9-8df4-170f701fb117-MachE2

A Mach-E online forum initially buzzed with questions about the letter, asking if it was real.
The email sent to the Free Press by a customer, and also posted on MachEForum.com, is excerpted below:
The advantage that those of us in Europe, who ordered the car over a year ago, that was apparently built in Dec 19 (although I only have the forum tracker for that information, nothing from Ford) is that as we have been told absolutely nothing, our cars are fortunately therefore not in delay.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So, that extra 250 kwh being discussed is not for everyone?

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
The advantage that those of us in Europe, who ordered the car over a year ago, that was apparently built in Dec 19 (although I only have the forum tracker for that information, nothing from Ford) is that as we have been told absolutely nothing, our cars are fortunately therefore not in delay.
I’m not sure if anyone here could answer this, but here goes.
Can I assume that if I have NOT received the email, my car is not delayed further?
Was shipped 8 weeks ago today so pretty delayed already.
My initial ETA was extended 6 weeks last week, so does that count? Would 11 weeks shipping time be deemed compensation worthy?
No email means no compensation even though it spent time on the SPEEDWAY to be fixed?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I’m not sure if anyone here could answer this, but here goes.
Can I assume that if I have NOT received the email, my car is not delayed further?
Was shipped 8 weeks ago today so pretty delayed already.
My initial ETA was extended 6 weeks last week, so does that count? Would 11 weeks shipping time be deemed compensation worthy?
No email means no compensation even though it spent time on the SPEEDWAY to be fixed?
We're all speculating here. Some have gotten the email who already have their cars (including me). The emails were not sent en masse - they've trickled in over the course of a day or longer. It would not surprise me to hear that some will still arrive. The email came from "MACHESUPPORT" which apparently run by a 3rd-party outfit hired by Ford to handle some (non-technical?) support issues with the Mach E. The unprofessional look of the email does not give me confidence that this 3rd-party is up to the task they have been given by Ford.

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Not sure if anyone can answer this but I'll ask it anyways. My build date was delayed from 1/31 to 2/15 back in January. Does this mean the emails are about this delay or is there an additional delay coming? My expected delivery dates haven't changed in either the Tracker tool or Ford's website since receiving the email so I originally thought it did but now I'm confused.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
If I were Ford, I would delay and solve prior to delivery.
As a customer, I prefer this approach as well.

It was/is a huge pain getting stuck. Having the car act crazy, throwing off nonsensical warnings, having to jump the frunk, remove trim panels, etc. All just to get the car drivable To take it to the dealership.

Even with a good dealer and a quick turnaround, I’m still a little worried about it all happening again. (The “fix” is invisible)

I would MUCH rather have had my delivery date delayed and received an issue-free car.

LandSpeed

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select IB
Country flag
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Yep I'm one of the 4,500 ...
I test drove the dealer demo and it was awesome ...
If it wasn't for that I would punt now.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Hmmm. I wonder how this affect vehicles being built now...Ours was supposed to be built this week. Have they already identified a fix for whatever the issues are and now applying it to new vehicles coming off the assembly line? They should at least identify what the potential issue(s) are. Some information from Ford would be better than all this guessing and theorizing.
Sponsored