4,500 Mustang Mach-E owners will have to wait even longer .

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hmmm. I wonder how this affect vehicles being built now...Ours was supposed to be built this week. Have they already identified a fix for whatever the issues are and now applying it to new vehicles coming off the assembly line? They should at least identify what the potential issue(s) are. Some information from Ford would be better than all this guessing and theorizing.
I would think if you don't get an email that you're ok, but at this stage who the hell knows.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Think of it like this. A store will get 10 pc's with windows 10 v2004 Microsoft updates to 20H2 in the meantime. The next batch will have 20H2 on it.
So Ford has modules already programmed with 1 version of the software and will have to update them after assembly but the new modules theyll receive will already be updated. So if Ford is saying 4500 cars will be delayed, assume that after they use the 4500 modules, the following modules will be updated already.

Edit: It most likely will affect builds between February and end of march

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hmmm. I wonder how this affect vehicles being built now...Ours was supposed to be built this week. Have they already identified a fix for whatever the issues are and now applying it to new vehicles coming off the assembly line? They should at least identify what the potential issue(s) are. Some information from Ford would be better than all this guessing and theorizing.
I was wondering the same thing. The Ford website still shows mine as scheduled to be built next week, so hopefully that's the case.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
Did people who get the email also have their dates change on either the tracker or ford's website? Mine was supposed to be delivered next week but not sure how this impacts it

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Did people who get the email also have their dates change on either the tracker or ford's website? Mine was supposed to be delivered next week but not sure how this impacts it
I got the email, but the dates in the tracker haven’t changed.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am getting slightly concerned about this delay check/ fixes - i understand the early edition will have problems - worried they are missing impacted cars. Remember the first QC check was supposed to be only several hundred cars. Its not clear to me why my vehicle built 1/15 (so just after the Jan 9 date) is not impacted with whatever is causing this delay now. If newer builds than mine are impacted and its a big 4K + vehicles, I have to assume the potential that my VIN is involved too.

No issues if involved - just want to know so that I can wait for whatever fixes need to happen. Rather than find out while driving in the middle of a highway to nowhere.

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got the email and the tracker dates remained the same, estimated delivery date of 3/15 to 3/21. Car last seen in KC on 2/18.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
... Its not clear to me why my vehicle built 1/15 (so just after the Jan 9 date) is not impacted with whatever is causing this delay now. If newer builds than mine are impacted and its a big 4K + vehicles, I have to assume the potential that my VIN is involved too.
Mine was built after 9th (the 12th), 3 days before yours, and I got the email.

1976 Pinto

First Name
Loran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150, 2017 Explorer
Country flag
Mine is supposed to be delivered next week as well. I received the email but my delivery date has not changed on the Ford web site or any of the tracking sites. The car had left KC a week or more ago and was in Nebraska on Saturday when I checked with the dealer. (Headed to Utah)

By the way, my dealer’s vehicle arrived last Saturday and I took it for a fairly long test drive. It was awesome!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I am getting slightly concerned about this delay check/ fixes - i understand the early edition will have problems - worried they are missing impacted cars. Remember the first QC check was supposed to be only several hundred cars. Its not clear to me why my vehicle built 1/15 (so just after the Jan 9 date) is not impacted with whatever is causing this delay now. If newer builds than mine are impacted and its a big 4K + vehicles, I have to assume the potential that my VIN is involved too.

No issues if involved - just want to know so that I can wait for whatever fixes need to happen. Rather than find out while driving in the middle of a highway to nowhere.
If you haven't noticed anything, don't worry. I am confident Ford identified the cars affected... not saying they're perfect, but if you don't experience anything then don't sweat it.

I'm also pretty sure this has to do with the 12v haywire battery issue.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
My MME was supposed to be built the week of Jan 31 - pushed to Feb 07 - Pushed again to Feb 14.

Was built on Feb 15th and shipped on Feb 24 with an ETA of Apr 01 to Apr - 07.

My email was in my spam folder timed at 09:33 AM.

No mention of the $1000 in my email

They can keep the DCFC charging. I charge at home.

Would rather have a second fob !!!!!

Nothing about delivery has changed on any of the web sites I check daily.

I am glad they are fixing the problem, but why is it such a secret? We have a list of problems here. It would be nice to know we could check many of them off that list!!!

It is time for FMC to be honest with us........... And a bit more descriptive on which build dates are affected!

JMHO

Jim

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm confused.

I read that email 10 times and I don't see where it says anything about more delays in the future. Did I miss something?
It doesn't. But many of us with cars en route now have our cars with a stop ship on them so ...

Cars built in February 2021.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would MUCH rather have had my delivery date delayed and received an issue-free car.
Very true, and I think everyone is in agreement. At some point though, some people will start rethinking their decisions on the car. When is that point? That's not my call. In my case, I'll be waiting a long time before I move on. There are limits for most folks and the more information we have about how the latest QA check affects us, the better we might feel about things. And that might delay the questioning some will have.
I got the email, but the dates in the tracker haven’t changed.
Not yet. Patience. ;)

Oh and the QA could be quick too so. ..

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I got the email after my date changed on Ford account and tracker. Delayed 2 weeks for now. The email I got from my dealer gave me the impression it might be longer.
Sponsored