4/7 - Another round of delays?

fawzma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
alfa romeo
Country flag
I was supposed to have a delivery yesterday. Didn't hear anything till I got dreaded email at 7pm

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered "

Build week was 3/15. Palsapp I saw change its destination to the dealer on Monday, but status was pending. I'm guessing it sitting in KS waiting on some fix.

I still haven't gotten to test drive the demo. I'm not too inclined to accept this years model. Curious whats being addressed now.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
A lot of people have gotten similar emails only to receive their car shortly after. Some have even gotten the email AFTER receiving their car. There's a good chance it won't impact your delivery.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I was supposed to have a delivery yesterday. Didn't hear anything till I got dreaded email at 7pm

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2021 Mustang Mach‑E Premium is delivered "

Build week was 3/15. Palsapp I saw change its destination to the dealer on Monday, but status was pending. I'm guessing it sitting in KS waiting on some fix.

I still haven't gotten to test drive the demo. I'm not too inclined to accept this years model. Curious whats being addressed now.
Build date of 3/15 and you were expecting delivery yesterday. You're lucky. Mine was built 12/9 and I am still waiting, with an estimated delivery of 5/22

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Build date of 3/15 and you were expecting delivery yesterday. You're lucky. Mine was built 12/9 and I am still waiting, with an estimated delivery of 5/22
Yeah, there are still a fair number of folks who’ve been waiting in their already built cars for several months. Both US, UK, and EU.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

My build date was 3/13, ship date was 3/18, and the dealer says my car is still on a train somewhere in Mexico. I have NOT received the 'require additional time' email, although my ETA date of 4/7 has come and gone without a delivery. Although my VIN shows up in Palsapp, the destination is still 'null' which means (I assume) it hasn't arrived or left KC yet.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Question regarding the dealers' access to train status. Are the location updates accurate? Do they have a significant lag time? My car apparently shipped out three weeks ago but the system shows it's still hung up on a train south of the US/Mexico border. I'm hoping the car is further along in the shipping process, but I have no faith in the information the dealer is passing on to me.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
My build date was 3/13, ship date was 3/18, and the dealer says my car is still on a train somewhere in Mexico. I have NOT received the 'require additional time' email, although my ETA date of 4/7 has come and gone without a delivery. Although my VIN shows up in Palsapp, the destination is still 'null' which means (I assume) it hasn't arrived or left KC yet.
wow, this timeline blows my mind honestly.
This means that from being built to ETA less than a month?
My built date was December 15th, latest ETA May 17th, Ford says still in Mexico.
Palsapp says it arrived in KC February 12th, Ford says otherwise.
Sorry, but I really think your ETA is wrong.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My built date was December 15th, latest ETA May 17th, Ford says still in Mexico.
Early builds have taken much longer to deliver (many held up due to QA/QC issues), but many of the cars manufactured in February or later have actually arrived much faster (3-4 weeks in some cases). If you have a build date of December 15th and haven't received it yet, there's something really wrong with your order. Although I see you're in Canada, so perhaps that partially explains your delay...however, mid-May seems like an excessive wait time, even for Canada. Some of the early March builds have already been delivered in the U.S.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Not necessarily wrong. My build was completed January 20. I picked it up on February 9. One thing that seems to have accounted for the very quick delivery is a truck picked it up in KC the day after it arrived there by train and drove it directly to my dealer. I saw the palsap delivery notice and contacted my dealer. They said "It just arrived. Would you like us to try to get it ready for you to pick up this afternoon or would you rather wait until morning?" I went to look at it an hour later, and did the preliminary paperwork that afternoon. The next morning I arrived at the dealer with my 2017 Bolt and my check. Everything went very smoothly. They honored X-pricing, gave me the price for my Bolt that they had promised four months earlier ($19.5K), arranged to have Ford send me the $100 "early buyer--I know the car does not yet have hands-free driving" payment, helped me activate the car and set it up, and I was on my way. Kudos to Middleton Ford in Wisconsin! Good luck and enjoy your Mach-E!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Question regarding the dealers' access to train status. Are the location updates accurate? Do they have a significant lag time? My car apparently shipped out three weeks ago but the system shows it's still hung up on a train south of the US/Mexico border. I'm hoping the car is further along in the shipping process, but I have no faith in the information the dealer is passing on to me.
Call Jack Cooper and give them your VIN. They can tell you if your car has arrived in KC. 816-452-8235

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not necessarily wrong. My build was completed January 20. I picked it up on February 9. One thing that seems to have accounted for the very quick delivery is a truck picked it up in KC the day after it arrived there by train and drove it directly to my dealer. I saw the palsap delivery notice and contacted my dealer.
Good to see another example of a short manufacture-to-delivery timeframe. I thought my 4/7 ETA was a bit optimistic, but I think the delivery and QA/QC issues that plagued early builds has been smoothed out quite a bit. Question on your Palsapp queries...did it appear to be lagged? In other words, were you checking it regularly and did the website stay current on shipping status? My VIN still shows a 'null' destination.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Call Jack Cooper and give them your VIN. They can tell you if your car has arrived in KC. 816-452-8235
Thanks! I gave them a call and they checked on it. Hasn't arrived in KC yet, so I just get to wait longer :(

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Not necessarily wrong. My build was completed January 20. I picked it up on February 9. One thing that seems to have accounted for the very quick delivery is a truck picked it up in KC the day after it arrived there by train and drove it directly to my dealer. I saw the palsap delivery notice and contacted my dealer. They said "It just arrived. Would you like us to try to get it ready for you to pick up this afternoon or would you rather wait until morning?" I went to look at it an hour later, and did the preliminary paperwork that afternoon. The next morning I arrived at the dealer with my 2017 Bolt and my check. Everything went very smoothly. They honored X-pricing, gave me the price for my Bolt that they had promised four months earlier ($19.5K), arranged to have Ford send me the $100 "early buyer--I know the car does not yet have hands-free driving" payment, helped me activate the car and set it up, and I was on my way. Kudos to Middleton Ford in Wisconsin! Good luck and enjoy your Mach-E!

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Glad it worked out so well for you and trying my best not to feel jealous.
Good to see that for some the process is ideal and put is positive spin on it.
Enjoy your car
Sponsored